Is there any civilization more fascinating than the Egyptians?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Blackking said:
:ohhh: I didn't know that West Africa didn't have war before Islam. Can you provide a source for that, so that I don't ever say it and it not be true?

:whoa:

Didn't say war didn't exist, just that there is no archaeological evidence for it......like mass graves, numerous skeletal remains with obviously violent injuries, etc.

Gotta remember what forum I'm posting on. Humans have always fought.​

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:whoa:

Didn't say war didn't exist, just that there is no archaeological evidence for it......like mass graves, numerous skeletal remains with obviously violent injuries, etc.

Gotta remember what forum I'm posting on. Humans have always fought.​

Yea but the empires in Ghana and the rest of West Africa had histories before Islam. After Islam there was more recorded history and more documentation.
I mean we fcked up per-homosapien relatives because we had more advanced weapons and they were in the way.... what makes you think that modern humans weren't merking each other in mass pre-Islam west Africa?

Muslims escaped persecution and fled to Ethiopia. The religion spread to the South then to the West and there wasn't always war involved in that.

I will say that Islam sometimes prevents discussion on the history of Africa pre Abraham religions. But for the most part Muslims came as traders with sh1t to offer from all over so it was easy to influence.

Africa had a mostly oral culture pre Islam, so we know about all the battles after Islam in detail. But tribes took over lands before Islam, especially when the climate in West Africa was more harsh than it is today.

NTM monotheism and the bases of Islam existed in Africa millions of years before some guy named Muhammad have revelations.

Actually, I don't really understand what your post was about. What were you actually implying?

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Here's an Egyptian hieroglyph showing a rather large statue being moved by a bunch of slaves using a sled and ropes.......

Ancient_Egypt_rope_usage.jpg

:umad:

I thought it was widely accepted that slave labor wasn't used?

What's the general consensus that the pyramid blocks were actually cast on-site, similar to concrete today?

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I thought it was widely accepted that slave labor wasn't used?

What's the general consensus that the pyramid blocks were actually cast on-site, similar to concrete today?

They've found evidence that the laborers who built the pyramids were not slaves in the sense that we consider the word. They were treated well, fed well, and paid for their services (in food/goods, no currency yet). It seems that the work was completed out of devotion to the pharaoh, whom they believed was a god on earth.

Now, if you want to debate that such a system makes all the subjects of this Demi-god a slave...it's a valid debate. Regardless, they weren't slaves in the sense that Africans were enslaved in America.

In regards to the quarrying/construction....the best explanation I've seen is in the video I linked in he second or third page of this thread. The doc that debunks ancient aliens provides the most up to date archeological hypothesis that I'm aware of. Someone else might be able to expand on that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it's insane to say that "Greece got their whole style from Ancient Egypt" or something or other, because even though the Greeks learned quite a bit from Egypt, it pushes into the realm of irrational racial supremacist arguments and ignores the Eastern influence and so forth. A better way to look at it is that all peoples, regardless of racial background have forged great civilizations at some point or other and these different groups have had longstanding ideas, values and forms of thought that have permeated and transcended the modern psuedo-scientific notion of race and ethnicity.

Knowledge has no color friends :hug:

As long as whites can claim themselves as the source of this knowledge, then I'm sure your statement will go unimpeded.

But if you dare that the source of important knowledge may have black origins...........:scusthov:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They've found evidence that the laborers who built the pyramids were not slaves in the sense that we consider the word. They were treated well, fed well, and paid for their services (in food/goods, no currency yet). It seems that the work was completed out of devotion to the pharaoh, whom they believed was a god on earth.

Now, if you want to debate that such a system makes all the subjects of this Demi-god a slave...it's a valid debate. Regardless, they weren't slaves in the sense that Africans were enslaved in America.

In regards to the quarrying/construction....the best explanation I've seen is in the video I linked in he second or third page of this thread. The doc that debunks ancient aliens provides the most up to date archeological hypothesis that I'm aware of. Someone else might be able to expand on that

LMAO!!! And who was there to verify this?

Praise light skin baby Jesus. All you gotta do is put it in a book and people will believe it.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Discussion of the shabaka stone (theory)

Its over my head but still interesting covering math (formula), astronomy, physics, & building of pyramids

this is part 2 (could be a bunch of jibberish but still cool to see people take this on)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Peter Vecsey said:
LMAO!!! And who was there to verify this?

Praise light skin baby Jesus. All you gotta do is put it in a book and people will believe it.

:umad:

Slaves Didn't Build Pyramids: Egypt : Discovery News

Graves of the pyramid builders were first discovered in the area in 1990 when a tourist on horseback stumbled over a wall that later proved to be a tomb. Egypt's archaeology chief Zahi Hawass said that discovery and the latest finds last week show that the workers were paid laborers, rather than the slaves of popular imagination.

Hawass told reporters at the site that the find, first announced on Sunday, sheds more light on the lifestyle and origins of the pyramid builders. Most importantly, he said the workers were not recruited from slaves commonly found across Egypt during pharaonic times.

Hawass said the builders came from poor Egyptian families from the north and the south, and were respected for their work -- so much so that those who died during construction were bestowed the honor of being buried in the tombs near the sacred pyramids of their pharaohs.

Their proximity to the pyramids and the manner of burial in preparation for the afterlife backs this theory, Hawass said.

"No way would they have been buried so honorably if they were slaves," he said.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Again, maybe I wasn't clear enough. Who was there to verify this? Was this archaeologist alive 20, 000 years ago. I'm not saying that the pyramids were built by slaves, but I got enough sense to know the builders did not use ropes, pulleys, and water to build them.

And also, I'll bet you a turkey sandwich that 200 years from now, history will read that Africans migrated to European countries for jobs, as opposed to being sold into slavery...:youngsabo:

If I control the pen, I control the history. Simple as that.