Is there any civilization more fascinating than the Egyptians?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Again, maybe I wasn't clear enough. Who was there to verify this? Was this archaeologist alive 20, 000 years ago. I'm not saying that the pyramids were built by slaves, but I got enough sense to know the builders did not use ropes, pulleys, and water to build them.

And also, I'll bet you a turkey sandwich that 200 years from now, history will read that Africans migrated to European countries for jobs, as opposed to being sold into slavery...:youngsabo:

If I control the pen, I control the history. Simple as that.

And they'd be right...Africans were brought to the Americas for slavery, not to Europe. There were hardly any Africans in Europe until the 20th century, when they came to work/study/fight wars (they didn't have a choice, but neither did other soldiers back then).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they'd be right...Africans were brought to the Americas for slavery, not to Europe. There were hardly any Africans in Europe until the 20th century, when they came to work/study/fight wars (they didn't have a choice, but neither did other soldiers back then).

The sad part is you're serious....I'll play the semantics game.

The British didn't dabble in the slave trade?
Portugal and Spain weren't main customers of these British slaveholders?
Is America(the way we know it today) a byproduct of European expansion?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

:comeon:

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Exactly west Africa had many great empires
benin24.jpg

benin7_op_301x600.jpg

superbandimportantbenin.jpg

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Peter Vecsey said:
Again, maybe I wasn't clear enough. Who was there to verify this? Was this archaeologist alive 20, 000 years ago. I'm not saying that the pyramids were built by slaves, but I got enough sense to know the builders did not use ropes, pulleys, and water to build them.

:sitdown:

wrong.jpg

tool3.jpg

Four-Lobe Pinion Pulley based on the design of the Sumerian wheel.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
The sad part is you're serious....I'll play the semantics game.

The British didn't dabble in the slave trade?
Portugal and Spain weren't main customers of these British slaveholders?
Is America(the way we know it today) a byproduct of European expansion?

Britain "dabbling" in the slave trade doesn't mean that they brought slaves to Britain...same goes with Portugal and Spain who needed slaves in their colonies...and does that last sentence really mean that you're satying that America really just is Europe :bryan: I guess South Africa and Australia are Europe too now?

The sad part is that...y'all right, but used bs arguments. Just googled it and it seems that .3 million WERE brought to Europe.

slave_trade_1650-1860_b%20-%20www.slaveryinamerica.org.jpg

I was surprised about it, but I heavily doubt that any of the current Africans are descendants of those slaves, I'm ready to bet that those slaves were castrated when they got to Europe since those countries didn't need as much workforce as the Americas. Otherwise there would have been a constant black presence in Europe as well as an evolution similar to AAs, which obviously has not been the case.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Britain "dabbling" in the slave trade doesn't mean that they brought slaves to Britain...same goes with Portugal and Spain who needed slaves in their colonies...and does that last sentence really mean that you're satying that America really just is Europe :bryan: I guess South Africa and Australia are Europe too now?

The sad part is that...y'all right, but used bs arguments. Just googled it and it seems that .3 million WERE brought to Europe.

slave_trade_1650-1860_b%20-%20www.slaveryinamerica.org.jpg

I was surprised about it, but I heavily doubt that any of the current Africans are descendants of those slaves, I'm ready to bet that those slaves were castrated when they got to Europe since those countries didn't need as much workforce as the Americas. Otherwise there would have been a constant black presence in Europe as well as an evolution similar to AAs, which obviously has not been the case.

:smh:

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

I meant that all was that was needed to say was "Look, they did bring slaves to Europe, look it up". I would've googled it, said "Indeed" :leon:, took my L and learned something. Instead of reading some flimsy "America is Europe" logic.

But I'll gladly take my L now :manny:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
first off to the greek question, every single prominent greek philosopher either studied in ancient egypt, or studied under someone who studied in ancient egypt. it even became a rites of passage for greek "leadership" to go through the egyptian "mystery" system and gain the esoteric knowledge of nature and the universe. of course over time the knowledge and canons became hellenized but the core of all greek teachings originally come from egyptian teachings. they took the egyptian pantheon and created and greek pantheon, and all of the philosophical and mathematical origins of greek writing come from the medu neter. so lets get this straight from the jump. we gotta remember that at its peak and even during its decline ancient egypt was colonizing the rest of the world and transporting its customs to different regions. even the ancient hindu kush region of india/middle east was named after The African Kushyte empire in Ethiopia.

in fact, ancient egyptian culture itself was born from ancient ethiopian culture, who in turn was born from an even earlier culture, but again thats another thread.

secondly, a question for funkdoc, how long do you think it would take transport a 100-ton slab of rock 500 miles back in those days?

ropes, pulleys, and water huh lol ... can someone with an engineering background please come in here and talk some sense into this negro?!

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
first off to the greek question, every single prominent greek philosopher either studied in ancient egypt, or studied under someone who studied in ancient egypt. it even became a rites of passage for greek "leadership" to go through the egyptian "mystery" system and gain the esoteric knowledge of nature and the universe. of course over time the knowledge and canons became hellenized but the core of all greek teachings originally come from egyptian teachings. they took the egyptian pantheon and created and greek pantheon, and all of the philosophical and mathematical origins of greek writing come from the medu neter. so lets get this straight from the jump. we gotta remember that at its peak and even during its decline ancient egypt was colonizing the rest of the world and transporting its customs to different regions. even the ancient hindu kush region of india/middle east was named after The African Kushyte empire in Ethiopia.

in fact, ancient egyptian culture itself was born from ancient ethiopian culture, who in turn was born from an even earlier culture, but again thats another thread.

secondly, a question for funkdoc, how long do you think it would take transport a 100-ton slab of rock 500 miles back in those days?

ropes, pulleys, and water huh lol ... can someone with an engineering background please come in here and talk some sense into this negro?!

It's very much possible.

I don't get some of you dudes. You claim that Ancient Egypt was advanced in Engineering, Math, and Physics and then you doubt that they could do basic engineering feats.

Which one is it?

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It's very much possible.

I don't get some of you dudes. You claim that Ancient Egypt was advanced in Engineering, Math, and Physics and then you doubt that they could do basic engineering feats.

Which one is it?

1) are you familiar with the logistics of the great pyramid at giza (#of blocks, block size, block weight, block shapes, mathematical and engineering precision, etc)?

2) you would characterize the building of the giza pyramid as a basic engineering feat?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
1) are you familiar with the logistics of the great pyramid at giza (#of blocks, block size, block weight, block shapes, mathematical and engineering precision, etc)?

Yes.

2) you would characterize the building of the giza pyramid as a basic engineering feat?

My apologies for the ambiguity. The task was monumental, the engineering principles were basic. Credit to them. It's a marvel of mankind.

I don't put anything past the minds and will of human beings.

For example, right now, you are reading these words, just a representation of '1' and '0' on a machine. I clicked enter and information was sent through the air and down a myriad of cables and wires. Now you are hearing my thoughts in your mind as you read this.

You don't sit there and are awed by it because you are so used to it.

Do you know how much engineering and knowledge had to accumulate to make a process like this happen?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
LeyeT said:

1. A few days to a month. They used the Nile as a highway and barges as transportation. The Giza quarries only lie a couple hundred meters south from the pyramid of Khufu. The quarry of Aswan (granite) lies over 900 km south of Giza while Tura (limestone) is about 17 km south of Cairo. There are numerous quarry sites along the river. Evidence that proves this is a hieroglyph showing Egyptians loading a stone block onto a barge. Take note of the ropes being used to maneuver the block onto the ship.......

eship.jpg

2. Egyptian rope dates back to about 4000 BC. They were probably the first to create tools to manufacture it. This is evidenced by the following hieroglyph...

Ancient_Egypt_rope_manufacture.jpg

....and this archaeological find.....

Discovery News : Discovery Channel : Ancient Rope Found in Cave

I've previously posted part of a pulley so, now, the trifecta is complete. They used water, pulleys and rope. This 'negro' will have his ME Degree in a couple more years. Perhaps I've talked some sense into you.

Why are you so quick to doubt Africans had the skills, equipment, knowledge and tools to build these monuments considering these are actually improvements on structures created in Ethiopia centuries before?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just the man-made construction it took to erect the pyramids alone is :mindblown: