Is there any civilization more fascinating than the Egyptians?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always found it funny how non-African folks are so much invested in this, sometimes more than their own history and culture. And I mean this with no disrespect but simply shunning something down as false or extreme Afrocentric sometimes is comical because at the end of the day, we all could be wrong. The so called evidence could be wrong and we already know how "bias" history can(and has been/) be and how people stretch the truth to their liking. Now even gonna touch on stuff their hiding as well.

This is good wisdom, I should trust the same source that depicted Charlton Heston as pharoah..??

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Because I'm pretty sure, I'm going to assume here, that if you went back and time to Kemet or Greece, and asked them if a Pyramid or a Space Station was more impressive, I'm sure they would pick the space station. Just a wild guess.

well, what's crazy is the fact that if you asked them that question ^ you wouldn't have to explain to them what a space ship was.

They would probably begin to break down how the alignment of the stars correlates to how they are building the Pyramids and how neither is more impressive and both are related one another.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
well, what's crazy is the fact that if you asked them that question ^ you wouldn't have to explain to them what a space ship was.

They would probably begin to break down how the alignment of the stars correlates to how they are building the Pyramids and how neither is more impressive and both are related one another.

:dwillhuh:

could you tell me if they would have preferred Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

could you tell me if they would have preferred Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt?

Sure. Probably Illmatic, for the production. But both albums are metaphorical and lyrically deep.

Just saying.. as primitive is they supposedly were, they had knowledge of astrology, space craft, and theories on space beings, etc.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Peter Vecsey said:
But the establishment was able to during the era of Kemet? Surely in this day and age, improvisations could have been made so that a fraction of the manpower and time were used, since we're so much more advanced and everything......:steviej:

i-dont-always-smoke-blunts-but-when-i-do-ancient-aliens-makes-way-more-sense.jpg

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
Some scholars say that the earth is over 4 billion years old.

I doubt that the age given for the pyramids is accurate..

When you say normal tools you mean ropes and pulley?

:usure: that's how it got done...
yes, normal tools that ancient people would have access to.

it's not just some scholars, the conventional wisdom is that earth is over 4B years, but anatomically modern humans are only 200K years old at the most. of that 200K years, we've been living in modern city states for around 10K. step pyramids are the most primitive pyramids and they are from the third dynasty, no other pyramids in egypt will be older than that (about 5K years old).

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The best thing about your hairbrained theories is that you don't need any shred of proof to back it up. If only legitimate historians\archeologists had that luxory.

i haven't stated a theory.

Then you need to explain how you believe they were built and provide evidence to support that belief because as it stands, you sound just like one of those dudes that give aliens credit for their construction.

where did i mention aliens? in the post you quoted i clearly said, i believe the people you consider "africans" built the pyramid at giza.

:whew:

leyet just :stopitslime:

humans built that shyt. get the fukk over it :damn:

again, i clearly said "africans" built the pyramids. but the question i have for you is which version of humans are you referring to, homo sapiens?

these egyptians built all of that with normal tools, a lack of labor laws, and a belief that they were working on something divine.

:russ:

Egypt had NO connections to the Americas since they had no craft capable of traversing the oceans to get here. The ONLY civilization that is known to accomplish a similar feat are the people of Easter Island several thousand years after Egypt had collapsed, and even that feat is more of an accident than intentional.

no other pyramids in egypt will be older than that (about 5K years old).

please stop presenting your opinions as facts, there are children reading this.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
LeyeT said:
i haven't stated a theory.

You haven't stated much of anything of substance, either.​

LeyeT said:
where did i mention aliens? in the post you quoted i clearly said, i believe the people you consider "africans" built the pyramid at giza.

Egypt IS in Africa. Egyptians built the pyramids, ergo, Africans built the pyramids. WTF do you mean by 'consider "Africans" '?
LeyeT said:
please stop presenting your opinions as facts, there are children reading this.

:usure:

NOVA | Pioneers of Easter Island

Linguists estimate Easter Island's first inhabitants arrived around A.D. 400, and most agree that they came from East Polynesia. The archeological record suggests a somewhat later date of settlement, between 700 and 800.* As early as 5500 B.C. people in Melanesia were voyaging in boats and trading in obsidian. The eastward movement of people continued until Tahiti and the Marquesas Islands were reached, at least by A.D. 300. Voyaging canoes moved east, north, and south to ultimately inhabit Easter Island, Hawaii, and New Zealand, respectively, all in the short period of about 400 years.

Please present some evidence and/or facts. I'll wait.​

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You haven't stated much of anything of substance, either.​

if we could discuss alternative opinions like adults i would be more inclined. i would love to explore these concepts more in depth with the minds of HL, but as per the usual all we have is people taking stances and not budging, only presenting information that confirms their pre-conceived notions, and an absolute lack of any kind of constructive dialogue. and i too am guilty of this behavior so im not just pointing the finger at everyone else.

i for one am not 100% sure how the pyramids were built. but at least i know i dont know. im still exploring how it was built and what it was used for.

480 feet high. 2.3 MILLION limestone blocks, with not one weighing under 2 tons... not one single block weighed less than 4000 pounds. some weighing up to 100 tons and coming from hundreds of miles away. 100 tons is 200,000 pounds. cmon ropes and leverage family? the base of all sides of the pyramid is equal in length to each other down to the inch, and each stone is placed perfectly down to the MM on all sides, without the use of mortar or cement. they say you cant even get a credit card in between any two stones on the pyramid.

and the pyramid was far from hollow i saw you stated that earlier. the pyramid contained many precisely angled and intricate passageways inside of it, both above and below ground. and of course it also holds the king and queens chamber.

maybe we need to question the official story of how the pyramid at giza was built and do some more investigating. or we could just say fukk it and take the beasts word for it, after all, its not like black people have ever been lied to about their history :stopitslime:

but if youre set in your beliefs then thats fine, im not gonna do too much back and forth. one guy you can look up whose done some work with the pyramid at giza is naseem haramein. but to be honest i would start with a guy named ra schwaller de lubicz and his work 'temple of man' about the pyramid at luxor. it's not about giza but it's related because it gives good insight into how the ancient Egyptians viewed their archaeology as a representation of themselves in balance with universal principles. principles such as the relation of man to the earth and the cosmos, and the functional study of the mechanisms of nature. we cant even begin to understand how the pyramid was built or for what function without understanding these principles first.

if you want further reading about egyptian culture which is the basis for understand the meaning of the pyramids, you can get into some ra un nefer amen or muata ashby, and there are some others.

Egypt IS in Africa. Egyptians built the pyramids, ergo, Africans built the pyramids. WTF do you mean by 'consider "Africans" '?

because today it's known as africa and the people known as africans. but this was not always so. so would you say the pyramids were built by africans, if the pyramids were built at a time when the word 'africa' did not even exist? if they did not call themselves "african" then, then i must be mindful and accurate of how i refer to them now.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
LeyeT said:
if we could discuss alternative opinions like adults i would be more inclined. i would love to explore these concepts more in depth with the minds of HL, but as per the usual all we have is people taking stances and not budging, only presenting information that confirms their pre-conceived notions, and an absolute lack of any kind of constructive dialogue. and i too am guilty of this behavior so im not just pointing the finger at everyone else.

Still waiting...........

LeyeT said:
i for one am not 100% sure how the pyramids were built. but at least i know i dont know. im still exploring how it was built and what it was used for.

No one is 100% sure the person they call 'mom' is really their mother, either, but that doesn't stop most of us from giving her a Mother's Day card because we think we have enough evidence to believe she is.

LeyeT said:
480 feet high. 2.3 MILLION limestone blocks, with not one weighing under 2 tons... not one single block weighed less than 4000 pounds. some weighing up to 100 tons and coming from hundreds of miles away. 100 tons is 200,000 pounds.

2.3 million blocks is an inaccurate amount based on the OTHER pyramids which had NO cavities. Most of the blocks weighed less than 1 ton, especially near the top. 90% of the blocks were quarried less than 300 meters from the pyramid. The largest stones were @ the base and were quarried next to each other to ensure that they fit against each other when placed at the site.

LeyeT said:
cmon ropes and leverage family?

Ropes and leverage can do amazing things when properly applied.....

LeyeT said:
the base of all sides of the pyramid is equal in length to each other down to the inch

That's because Egyptians were using geometry. Ever heard of the Rhind Papyrus or the Moscow Mathematical Papyrus?

LeyeT said:
and the pyramid was far from hollow i saw you stated that earlier. the pyramid contained many precisely angled and intricate passageways inside of it, both above and below ground. and of course it also holds the king and queens chamber.

Which is why your previous number of 2.3 million blocks is wrong. NONE of the other pyramids have these cavities/passageways above ground.

LeyeT said:
maybe we need to question the official story of how the pyramid at giza was built and do some more investigating. or we could just say fukk it and take the beasts word for it, after all, its not like black people have ever been lied to about their history :stopitslime:

You have yet to give any indication of any alternative theory as to the pyramid's construction. Trying to poke holes in a theory doesn't invalidate it.

LeyeT said:
but if youre set in your beliefs then thats fine, im not gonna do too much back and forth.

But, that's exactly what you're doing right now. I've asked you a couple of times to provide some alternative construction methods and you've done everything besides what was asked.

LeyeT said:
one guy you can look up whose done some work with the pyramid at giza is naseem haramein.

I could, but he's a disciple of Zecharia Sitchin. No thanks.

LeyeT said:
but to be honest i would start with a guy named ra schwaller de lubicz and his work 'temple of man' about the pyramid at luxor. it's not about giza but it's related because it gives good insight into how the ancient Egyptians viewed their archaeology as a representation of themselves in balance with universal principles. principles such as the relation of man to the earth and the cosmos, and the functional study of the mechanisms of nature. we cant even begin to understand how the pyramid was built or for what function without understanding these principles first.

Occultist + Sacred Geometry = Woo.

LeyeT said:
if you want further reading about egyptian culture which is the basis for understand the meaning of the pyramids, you can get into some ra un nefer amen or muata ashby, and there are some others.

That's fine, but I really don't care about the 'spiritual' aspects of the pyramids. Spirits didn't build them, humans did.

LeyeT said:
because today it's known as africa and the people known as africans. but this was not always so. so would you say the pyramids were built by africans, if the pyramids were built at a time when the word 'africa' did not even exist? if they did not call themselves "african" then, then i must be mindful and accurate of how i refer to them now.

Prior to Roman incursions, it was known by a few names. Alkebu-lan was among the first, which, translated, means 'not cold'......:krs:

Read some Yosef ben-Jochannan.

Anyhow, this is getting tedious. If you're going to provide an alternative construction method for the pyramids, please do so with your next post.​

Last edited by a moderator:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

No one is 100% sure the person they call 'mom' is really their mother, either, but that doesn't stop most of us from giving her a Mother's Day card because we think we have enough evidence to believe she is.​

weak.

2.3 million blocks is an inaccurate amount based on the OTHER pyramids which had NO cavities. Most of the blocks weighed less than 1 ton, especially near the top. 90% of the blocks were quarried less than 300 meters from the pyramid. The largest stones were @ the base and were quarried next to each other to ensure that they fit against each other when placed at the site.

approx 2 million is the most common estimate for the number of blocks in the great pyramid.

and i dont know where you got the figure that most of the blocks weighed less than a ton.

Which is why your previous number of 2.3 million blocks is wrong. NONE of the other pyramids have these cavities/passageways above ground.

we are talking about ONE pyramid, the great pyramid at giza. we aren't talking about the entire complex.

That's fine, but I really don't care about the 'spiritual' aspects of the pyramids. Spirits didn't build them, humans did.

Anyhow, this is getting tedious. If you're going to provide an alternative construction method for the pyramids, please do so with your next post.

what im trying to explain is, we cant begin to discuss alternative views on the construction of the great pyramid at giza without discussing these other aspects first, because these other occult and/or spiritual aspects that you are dismissing provide the whole context.

but since we're miles apart on this we don't have to discuss any further.