Is there a more pretentious “good show” than Westworld on tv right now?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Haven't finished season 1.. wasn't really feeling it but I'm going to get it another go round when I get a chance.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Atlanta. Yeah, I said it.
If one more motherfukker tries to tell me how deep RIck and Morty is, I'm going to eat their fukking face.
I don't think the shows are pretentious the fandom can be especially if they call these shows smart or themselves smart for understanding them.I like both shows, I believe they're creative, well written, and touch on relatable themes because of that it's bound to have fans trying to come up with theories and look for symbolism where there is none "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

Last edited:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
watched one episode of that bullshyt and it was all i needed to see :mjlol: fukk that show

power should be back soon :ahh:

as a side note, i didnt really like this season of billions either :ehh: it just isnt holding me like the first two did. and they can :camby: with that tranny storyline
To different genres of shows. Chances are if you are the type to love a show like Power, you probably won't like Westworld much
I love the exploration of AI concepts, so of course I love the show. I also appreciate when the writer doesn't give away all the information at the beginning, and instead leaves cleverly hidden tidbits to let the watcher figure out whats going on.
I enjoy TV that makes me think. If thats pretentious, then its likely that you just weren't the target audience :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To different genres of shows. Chances are if you are the type to love a show like Power, you probably won't like Westworld much
I love the exploration of AI concepts, so of course I love the show. I also appreciate when the writer doesn't give away all the information at the beginning, and instead leaves cleverly hidden tidbits to let the watcher figure out whats going on.
I enjoy TV that makes me think. If thats pretentious, then its likely that you just weren't the target audience :yeshrug:
fair enough. i like thinking shows, but this one aint it :heh: for me at least

and im not putting power up with the likes of the wire and the sopranos :skip: its just entertaining

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is literally nothing pretentious about "Westworld". Besides jumping around in time....which anyone can follow if they pay attention....it's one of the most straight forward shows on TV. I could understand this criticism for "Legion" or "Twin Peaks"....cats are basically taking "I don't like this show and/or think it's boring" and shoehorning the word pretentious into the conversation.

Fred.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
There is literally nothing pretentious about "Westworld". Besides jumping around in time....which anyone can follow if they pay attention....it's one of the most straight forward shows on TV. I could understand this criticism for "Legion" or "Twin Peaks"....cats are basically taking "I don't like this show and/or think it's boring" and shoehorning the word pretentious into the conversation.

Fred.
Could DEF see that title for Legion during those times they have those expository monologues going

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Could DEF see that title for Legion during those times they have those expository monologues going

Exactly....and I fukk with "Legion".
I feel like these cats don't really watch weird/abstract movies and/or TV shows if they think "Westworld" of all things is pretentious.:mjlol:
"Pretentious" seems to be Coli short hand for "I can't watch this shyt and play with my phone at the same time." :mjgrin:

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Fred.
The question of robot rights is pretentious. Some fake deep/not important but let's act like it is bullshyt. It's a fukkin' robot it has no rights and can be duplicated if necessary.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The question of robot rights is pretentious. Some fake deep/not important but let's act like it is bullshyt. It's a fukkin' robot it has no rights and can be duplicated if necessary.

You don't care about it and/or you disagree with it =/= it's pretentious. That's what you cats don't seem to get. There have been several real life discussions based on the topic, dating all the way back to the 1970's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_of_artificial_intelligence

And if AI ever reaches the point where it's indistinguishable from interacting with a human....whether or not you think the discussion is pretentious is a moot point. Conversations similar to what you see on this show will be had, regardless.

Fred.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the Nolan brothers inhale their own farts through straws.

anyone saying this show isn't pretentious is crazy. there's an entire "air" about it that is just so fukkin smug, and "smarter than you." even the good episodes where it isn't just the awful Delores and boring ass Jeffrey Wright ( arguably Hollywood's most pretentious and boring American actor) plodding on. nothing about badass Delores is intriguing. nothing.

Last edited: