Is there a more pretentious “good show” than Westworld on tv right now?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
anything made by Bryan Fuller.

If you want to see what a creative going all the way up his own ass looks like,watch the first few episodes of season 3 of Hannibal

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What's pretentious about it?:patrice:
The entire question of robots deserving human treatment is kinda pretentious. It's a robot of course it doesn't. lol
Anyway, I have dosed off multiple times trying to watch this season. I liked not loved season 1, but this shyt is getting boring as fukk now.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The entire question of robots deserving human treatment is kinda pretentious. It's a robot of course it doesn't. lol
Anyway, I have dosed off multiple times trying to watch this season. I liked not loved season 1, but this shyt is getting boring as fukk now.

I actually think it's a social engineering propaganda show for automation and eventual robots being in society.
The overwhelming theme from season one was the devaluing of human life. They beat us over the head with the thought of us not being much different from a robot

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You just called a huge segment of science fiction history pretentious then. Beyond that though, what is pretentious about the theme of AI becoming self aware and the effects of that? I'm really not sure if some of y'all get the meaning of "pretentious", to be honest:skip:At no point in the show does "deserve" come into play. Some of the robots have become self aware. They dont like what they've been forced to do. They're fukking shyt up. I'm not catching the pretentiousness :manny:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps

Sounds like it's going over your head....:sas2:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This is the type of thread that should have been made when "the Leftovers" were on.

There is nothing pretentious about the show

We are seeing a reason and motivation behind every mystery....you literally see the layers peeling back after every episode
While I loved The Leftovers, I can at least understand how someone could deem it to be pretentious. Westworld isn't trying to recreate the wheel or burying easily conveyed points and themes under layers of vaguery for the fukk of it. It spells everything out for the viewer in due time.

Mr. Robot pretty much defines the title of this thread if we're keeping it a buck

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
While I loved The Leftovers, I can at least understand how someone could deem it to be pretentious. Westworld isn't trying to recreate the wheel or burying easily conveyed points and themes under layers of vaguery for the fukk of it. It spells everything out for the viewer in due time.

Mr. Robot pretty much defines the title of this thread if we're keeping it a buck

I agree 100%....I wanted to throw a brick at the tv when leftovers was on.

Stopped watching Mr robot after season 1

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You just called a huge segment of science fiction history pretentious then. Beyond that though, what is pretentious about the theme of AI becoming self aware and the effects of that? I'm really not sure if some of y'all get the meaning of "pretentious", to be honest:skip:At no point in the show does "deserve" come into play. Some of the robots have become self aware. They dont like what they've been forced to do. They're fukking shyt up. I'm not catching the pretentiousness :manny:
The man in Black isn't on some 'deserve' shyt when it comes to the robots and the park? What about Anthony Hopkins character in Season 1?
There's no question in my mind about robots compared to mankind. Exploring that is fake important aka pretentious. :manny:

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I don't know if it's pretentious exactly but I do think this season is lacking in comparison to season 2. Definitely lacking proper direction and if it doesn't pick up, I'm out. :yeshrug:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
anything by JJ Abrams or Damon Lindoff to a degree. When they work together :mindblown:

But for something on air Legion.

JJ makes movies for ppl of the lowest common denominator

For Gods sakes, Star Wars Episode 7 was a copy and paste job!

@O Fenômeno said Big Bang Theory. LOL! Ain’t nothing pretentious about it