Is the rich Asian stereotype raw BS or is it real

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You may have richer Asians and poorer Asians but they almost never homeless. But the vast majority are working to middle class.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm watching the netflix show 'Beef' and it's nice to actually see a story about at least one Asian American struggling to make ends meet. Makes me realize that I hadn't thought that much about the Asian retail workers I've run into or homeless I've seen on the street. They have an image of success that's turned into a stereotype since for a long time the only asians the govt. allowed in were people who were already middle-upper class in their home countries :ehh:
One day I was having a bs day. I get to my building after work and there's this Asian dude begging for some change. Said he hadn't eaten all day. He looked like hell. Talked like a motor mouth. Looked like he had some cognitive issues. Bought him a slice. I tried to walk away. He wanted to keep talking. I'm not a patient person but I lent him an ear.

Dude was not homeless but like most people suffering the inflation crisis. Hadn't had a job since COVID. Family in China was not close to him. He was alone here... Said he was at his lowest. I listened then dapped him up. Felt less sorry for myself. Everyone go thru it

My mother used to tell me that the Indians in Africa hide their mentally ill and downtrodden. You won't see them outside. A lot of cultures has a huge emphasis on keeping up appearances at any cost. I've known Asian women with good jobs and bad credit.

For a long time mainland Chinese came here they were the bottom of their class. They built the China towns and worked in their communities and rented to each other so you didn't see them like that unless you ventured to these ethnic enclaves. Everyone goes thru it.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Might explain why many Asian women are considered gold diggers. If you are poor in many parts of Asia you are literally nothing. Like cops don’t care about you, gangs constantly press you, other people don’t value you.
You can be sold into sex work if your family owes money. These women worship white men and see them as a come up in status and lifestyle instantly.
The white guy glow up they feel I’ve seen with my own eyes.

My girl’s friend only hung out with brehs and rappers as a come up and ended up slanging puzzy before she was arrested.

5 years later she’s married to some well to do white guy living on the upper east side of Manhattan.

Homeboy has no idea about her full past. Only my girl knows (and me by extension).

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
You have to disaggregate the data

Some Asian ethnicities like Indians and Chinese are rich and other ethnicities are broke.

DPeezy

Rookie
Daps
Prior to the Pandemic, there used to be this homeless Asian dude outside of Dupont Circle. I found it so weird that I broke him off a 5.

I swear he was raking it on novelty alone...

Real talk though, while having the highest median income, they got the nerve to complain about 1:10 being in poverty.

Don't look up the Black numbers, it'll make you cry.

That might just be the only homeless asian in DC history. Foreal tho, the DMV (well northern VA) got to have the richest asians per capita, never seen a poor one.

Daps
not every asian is the same. you’ve got japanese, chinese, vietnamese, korean, cambodian, philipino, thai, malaysian, et. al. each of these nations have distinct histories that have aided or impaired the successes of their populations.

for instance, after wwii, the us needed a strong asian partner in its hegemonic design on the world. china was too compromised by communist and populist sentiment. because of that, they devoted billions to the reconstruction of japan, which put it at the top of the food chain in Asia.

:francis:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Plenty of poor and working-class Asians along the coasts of the US. I've met plenty. Asians financially flex on each other much harder than Blacks. I personally know someone Asian who drives a Lexus, but lives in a roach infested apartment. When my kids were in public schools, one of my kid's friends was Asian and my kid had to encourage them to do better in school. There are cultural norms and there are stereotypes. What you see on TV and in movies is 90% stereotypes.
Yeah that inter asian racism runs DEEP. They take that marrying up or marrying down shyt to heart.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
nikkas talk about black folks stunting
Have no idea the lengths Asians go through to stunt on each other
Many Asian kids don’t even want to go to college and study the subjects they end up doing
Their parents push that shyt on to them so they can use their child’s success for clout amongst peers and relatives
Very small percentage are getting to the bag
And when they do
They end up in debt or their parents magically “retire” and move in to reap said benefits of success
That’s the downside of paagin and Jeezy going through that shyt now
That’s why I laugh at fukk nikkas in that New York warehouse sale thread
To be so problack and not have any concept of how others get down
Is the first sign that I know many posters are cacs or nonblacks perpetuating with that virtue signaling ass bullshyt of
Blacks people gotta do better

White man got us all :francis:

Daps
Indians, Taiwanese and Filipinos have the highest median household incomes among the Asians and I think overall.

Usually the Asians effected by the Vietnam War ie. Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos would have lower incomes due to being refugees compared to economic immigrants like Indians, Koreans, some Chinese (Taiwan, Hong Kong).
This 100%.

Indians are heavy in medicine, tech etc., and they make $$$$$. Went to college with a bunch of em and damn near every single one is balling. Not even flashy...you can just tell by their jobs and how they move. Randomly flying to NZ to catch All-Blacks rugby or planning elaborate trips to Paris for the Olympics.

Filipinas make $$$ in nursing so they're good. They also have a knack for blending in better than other Asians. They get along with everyone (at least at my job).

The other Asians, it's more hit/miss.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm watching the netflix show 'Beef' and it's nice to actually see a story about at least one Asian American struggling to make ends meet. Makes me realize that I hadn't thought that much about the Asian retail workers I've run into or homeless I've seen on the street. They have an image of success that's turned into a stereotype since for a long time the only asians the govt. allowed in were people who were already middle-upper class in their home countries :ehh:
Cambodians and Vietnamese from the 80s would like a chat with you. Had a bunch of them in one of my neighborhoods growing up. They were into all sorts of fukkery gangs, hoes selling ass, robbery, all types of attempted murders. shyt was wild. Feds had to eventually swarm the neighborhood and lock alot of there asses up outta there.
Brehs who went to Bladensburg Highschool in the late 90s would remember one of them bashing some Black chicks head in with a school bathroom sink that was laying in the woods eventually killing her.
They were cool as hell otherwise as well as Filipinos. Better than the other Asians.