Is the rich Asian stereotype raw BS or is it real

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Indians, Taiwanese and Filipinos have the highest median household incomes among the Asians and I think overall.

Usually the Asians effected by the Vietnam War ie. Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos would have lower incomes due to being refugees compared to economic immigrants like Indians, Koreans, some Chinese (Taiwan, Hong Kong).
They numbers are skewed though because most Asians are concentrated in HCOL cities so statistics for them are always inflated but nobody ever takes that into consideration :sas2:

jay83

Superstar
Daps
I used to work with a Chinese woman who was a single mother supporting 2 children and working 2 jobs to still be broke. She looked like life beat her down every time she tried to crawl up.

We got to talking once (mistake) and she told me her whole life story. Long story short, first generation, married an Asian dude who sold her a dream that he was gonna take care of her, they started a family, his business failed and he dipped.

Might explain why many Asian women are considered gold diggers. If you are poor in many parts of Asia you are literally nothing. Like cops don’t care about you, gangs constantly press you, other people don’t value you.
You can be sold into sex work if your family owes money. These women worship white men and see them as a come up in status and lifestyle instantly.

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
definitely not all of them but there were a few rich Asian kids driving Ferraris and parking them on campus when I was in college

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
There's plenty of Asians who are struggling

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Prior to the Pandemic, there used to be this homeless Asian dude outside of Dupont Circle. I found it so weird that I broke him off a 5.

I swear he was raking it on novelty alone...

Real talk though, while having the highest median income, they got the nerve to complain about 1:10 being in poverty.

Don't look up the Black numbers, it'll make you cry.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
nikkas talk about black folks stunting
Have no idea the lengths Asians go through to stunt on each other
Many Asian kids don’t even want to go to college and study the subjects they end up doing
Their parents push that shyt on to them so they can use their child’s success for clout amongst peers and relatives
Very small percentage are getting to the bag
And when they do
They end up in debt or their parents magically “retire” and move in to reap said benefits of success
That’s the downside of paagin and Jeezy going through that shyt now
That’s why I laugh at fukk nikkas in that New York warehouse sale thread
To be so problack and not have any concept of how others get down
Is the first sign that I know many posters are cacs or nonblacks perpetuating with that virtue signaling ass bullshyt of
Blacks people gotta do better
Nah

Most black people don’t think about how other groups are fukking up

So your last three - four sentences are especially … off

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
They were AWOL during a certain time period. Seems like it’s alright for them

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The power of media and perception. They probably have their fair share of poor people but they are portrayed as having Ivy League educations in coveted careers while driving expensive cars and being entrepreneurs.

Those aren’t bad stereotypes to be associated with :manny:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The power of media and perception. They probably have their fair share of poor people but they are portrayed as having Ivy League educations in coveted careers while driving expensive cars and being entrepreneurs.

Those aren’t bad stereotypes to be associated with :manny:
Other minorities understand the power of shaping your narrative. Asians got everybody thinking every one of them coming here is an ultra hardworking genius raised by tiger moms who don’t accept failure. Latinos got everybody thinking they swam across the river knowing how to build a house from scratch, ready to work 16 hour days with no breaks for $5/hr. Anybody who’s been to school or actually contracted knows what’s what.

black folks go crazy seeing Daddy Mahomes strutting into the stadium “I didn’t know he was black black :krs: ” then suck their teeth any time someone mentions Obama’s name

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
There’s some truth to it. Asians came up over the past 30 or 40 years. In NYC they used to be relegated to certain areas of the city, living 10 to an apartment. Now they’re buying mansions on Long Island and taking over wealthy neighborhoods. they seriously be buying 2 million dollar homes, just to knock them down and build a giant ass house

On paper, they’re the highest earners, and I’m sure that a lot of them are making even more money than they report, as a lot of them have their own businesses, many which still only accept cash.