The group that successfully sued Harvard to end affirmative action in university admissions last year is now THREATENING universities bc Asian% fell😂

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Fools. Affirmative action has helped a bunch of different Asian subgroups, especially the ones who face similar economic and educational challenges as Black and Hispanic students, like Filipinos, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Hmong, and Pacific Islanders. Talk about being complicit in facilitating your own demise. Oh well.
I may be wrong, but I doubt those were the Asians that had anything to do with this. I am more inclined to think it was Chinese, Korean, & Indians who were the vanguard of pushing for Affirmative Action to be removed.

Also, we have to recognize that a lot of groups are very ethnocentric. They may all be the same race, but they definitely delineate by ethnicity and they will definitely pursue their own interests, even it it may harm others of their own race. It is my opinion that, when it comes to being magnanimous about helping others no matter the race and/or ethnicity, we Black Americans have been the most altruistic group on this planet. From my experience, most others are very much about pursuing the interests of their own ethnicity above all other groups.

Inokja

Rookie
Daps
I may be wrong, but I doubt those were the Asians that had anything to do with this. I am more inclined to think it was Chinese, Korean, & Indians who were the vanguard of pushing for Affirmative Action to be removed.

Also, we have to recognize that a lot of groups are very ethnocentric. They may all be the same race, but they definitely delineate by ethnicity and they will definitely pursue their own interests, even it it may harm others of their own race. It is my opinion that, when it comes to being magnanimous about helping others no matter the race and/or ethnicity, we Black Americans have been the most altruistic group on this planet. From my experience, most others are very much about pursuing the interests of their own ethnicity above all other groups.

This is why when people try to say Black Americans (Freedmen) are insular or xenophobic in any sort of collective sense, I have to ask; compared to who? Lol

If we are to be categorized as such we would be at the bottom of that list.

We in a collective sense are the polar opposite of insular. Just as being too insular can be negative, by extension, not being insular enough also has its cons.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yall still think they’re gonna let reparations go down
Only way reparations happens is in a piece meal fashion.
Meaning each individual family or group would have to research and directly sue the specific person or entity responsible.
Like you can prove your family owned this piece of land and got it stolen, or you traced down the estate of the slave owners and can produce a record of the exact amount of money they owed your distant relative.
But some all encompassing reparations for slavery bill is never happening.