Is PC Gaming A Rich Man's Hobby?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
PC is for people who understand the difference between "their" and "they're"...not even being funny either. If you speak, read, and write in a language for 20+ years and still don't know it, who's really the fool?

:mjlol: Console is for people who understand you use italics for pronunciation correction and not quotations.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Kind of? I mean when you think about it you can spec out your pc and have more functionality than just gaming (work station for spreadsheets/coding/etc, video/photo editing, CAD, use as entertainment hub, emulation)

You can get a lot of life out of the components even for gaming it should last slightly longer than a console generation

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A solid PC and a Switch and you've got the whole gaming spectrum at your fingertips.

Switch is the best console since the N64.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
not really. just get a mid range, then as you save more money later in the year (s) swap out components periodically.

you dont have to go alienware balls to the wall on the first go. altho most people do, then every few years upgrade something like gpu.

but you dont have too, kinda like when you buy a car. its stock , then later you might feel like adding rims, muffler, intake, you start off real basic then swap things slowly.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I was a pc gamer back in the early 00s and i remember having to upgrade half my shyt every time a new game came out. KOTOR dropped on pc. Need a new graphics card to be compatible, By the time Kotor 2 came out need to upgrade something else to install it.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not really. just get a mid range, then as you save more money later in the year (s) swap out components periodically.

you dont have to go alienware balls to the wall on the first go. altho most people do, then every few years upgrade something like gpu.

but you dont have too, kinda like when you buy a car. its stock , then later you might feel like adding rims, muffler, intake, you start off real basic then swap things slowly.
How much is a mid range

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
The most popular PC games right now don't really require a lot to run well, and most mainstream multiplatform releases are targetting the specs of the consoles. If you spend 2k on a PC, what that means is that you'll essentially be good for at least 6 years. Some people have PCs from 2012 that are still running new releases at medium to max settings.