Is PC Gaming A Rich Man's Hobby?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I mean, when you think of it....most things in the world of entertainment cost a hefty fee to participate in.

Are we acting like $400-$500 consoles are cheap?

What about the $400-$1000 phones?

Someone mentioned cars, driving them ain't cheap either.

Not having enough money is a huge problem for this country....jobs often don't pay enough......but also, I think people suck at saving money.

If you wanted it bad enough, you'd save 4-5 paychecks to get it. It's just hard for some people who aren't disconnected from other needs.

Damn, now I'm thinking "what is rich".....I know nikkas who be trippin over a $20 vial of weed. To them, saving $200-$300 a month for a computer is crazy.

Also, to them finding a nice outfit for the weekend for under $100 is a good find.

I guess it all depends on perspective and what you want the most.

Damn, I rant too much.​

NEO GEO was like twice as much as the sega and nintendo consoles, because it was literally the arcade board at your house

I just paid 1700 for a TV, after I added the insurance, and to be honest, you need an expensive TV like that just to get the benefit for the PS4 PRO, which isn't even real 4k, the budget 4k TVS don't cut it and can't even do real HDR anyway

so if you buy a ps5 buy a real 4k TV, you already over 2000 dollars in expenses lmao, so what the hell is the difference, plus you can always sell your parts to act as a down payment for your upgrade

people spend money on shyt they want to spend money on

muthafukkaz was buying rims that cost more than that in high school man, can't believe I'm hearing talk like this from grown men

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
you only live once man, if gaming is a passion of yours and you aren't struggling to eat/pay rent etc just spend that bread. $2k on a rig will last you for a few years and you can upgrade it as new parts become available. I mean, that's really not much to spend on something that is usually a "main hobby" for someone. Enjoy your life.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Eh I just use my credit card and build my credit with parts here and there.

I'm not rich at all but then again I don't spend a lot of money on clothes or eating out or anything like that.

I have a 15k credit card and put maybe 2-3 g's on it a year and pay it all off every year too.

So I essentially always have 1-3k balance on the card.

My credit is almost 800 doing shyt like this and never missing a payment.

I built my PC mainly cause I am in my 30's, been gaming my whole life, and this is the only aspect I've been missing out on. I haven't had a PC that could play games since Starcraft 1 on my moms shytty Dell, and even further back playing Wolfenstein through Dos on my dad's old shytty computer in the 90s.

I said if you're going to build one do it now, can't wait til I'm 45 to start PC gaming.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Um no
Because you don’t need the top of the line everything. You can get a great video card that plays most games under 300

And he’ll if you know where to look you can download most games for free as wel
Yeah this, I don't pay for shyt unless I'm interested in the online component

The money saved on games over time is super worth it

5-6 New 60 dollar games a year is the cost of a nice video card or processor

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I mean, when you think of it....most things in the world of entertainment cost a hefty fee to participate in.

Are we acting like $400-$500 consoles are cheap?

What about the $400-$1000 phones?

Someone mentioned cars, driving them ain't cheap either.

Not having enough money is a huge problem for this country....jobs often don't pay enough......but also, I think people suck at saving money.

If you wanted it bad enough, you'd save 4-5 paychecks to get it. It's just harder for some people who are not disconnected from other needs.

Damn, now I'm thinking "what is rich".....I know nikkas who be trippin over a $20 vial of weed. To them, saving $200-$300 a month for a computer is crazy.

Also, to them finding a nice outfit for the weekend for under $100 is a good find.

I guess it all depends on perspective and what you want the most.

Damn, I rant too much.​
dudes out here with a closet full of J's, talking about "is PC gaming a rich man's hobby?" :lupe:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
i thought i was flexing but after a year or two, my PC is no longer that special. It's still great as I get to play all of the games but it is not a hobby. Some of us just need a high tech computer because that's what we like.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I've been thinking copping an entry level gaming PC cause I always wanted one, my current PC is around 12 years old and the power button is not working as good. So I've been wanting to buy an new PC for a while now...

Only PC games I'm interested in is simulators.. I'll use PS consoles for every other genre.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No, the comp i'm using <1k, and play what I'm interested in. Folks buy extras to just to flex.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: PC is for people who cheat to feel like their good. Aim bots, mod/hacks ect.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Definitely not. I go all out on custom gaming rigs. I recently got real heavy into the audiophile hobby. My headphone amp alone costs more than my entire pc setup right now. I’m just into headphones too. Rich mother fukkers got mono blocks worth $30K each (if not more), speakers over $20K, dacs for $50K, etc.

There are definitely some very expensive hobbies out there, and in comparison, PC gaming isn’t that expensive. You throw $15K at a new rig and monitor, and you can have the absolute best setup. To get the best possible speaker setup, you’re looking at like $1m or more

You into car, boats, watches, jewelry, etc? That’s gonna cost more than pc gaming too

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Just me and my Switch just me and my Switch just me and my Switch.

Meanwhile my PC and PS4 Pro collect dust even though they have superior graphics.

It's all about ease-of-use and convenience to me.

I'm out of town right now, at a hotel. fukk I look like lugging all that shyt with me when I need a gaming fix? Switch got my back I can play it anywhere.
Or you can get gamepass and play all those next gen games on the go as well, you're gonna love it :whew:
I just started PC gaming early this year and no. The only expensive part is building the PC. Games are cheap af and there are hella sales on PC and humble bundles. If you get steam automated plugin you can see all the sales going on for the game you want:banderas:. Game in steam might be 60 and 10 on another store. Plus there are no gens so you can play old games with ease.
You're literally describing the Xbox series x :banderas:
NEO GEO was like twice as much as the sega and nintendo consoles, because it was literally the arcade board at your house

I just paid 1700 for a TV, after I added the insurance, and to be honest, you need an expensive TV like that just to get the benefit for the PS4 PRO, which isn't even real 4k, the budget 4k TVS don't cut it and can't even do real HDR anyway

so if you buy a ps5 buy a real 4k TV, you already over 2000 dollars in expenses lmao, so what the hell is the difference, plus you can always sell your parts to act as a down payment for your upgrade

people spend money on shyt they want to spend money on

muthafukkaz was buying rims that cost more than that in high school man, can't believe I'm hearing talk like this from grown men
Because people who buy expensive TVs that are next gen compatible, that's not the only reason they get it. They get it to watch movies, and sports. Have friends over/etc. None of that is the norm in the PC space. You can say you do it but don't act like that's the norm. So there's a huge difference :stopitslime:
:mjlol: PC is for people who cheat to feel like their good. Aim bots, mod/hacks ect.
Basically, and this myth that games are cheaper. Consoles can be modded if that's the angle, and those humble bundles be old wack titles that will be discounted on consoles as well. Xbox been giving away 4 free games a month for years, all old games are dirt cheap and even those games are on sale all the time, add gamepass it's a wrap. Real games are created with consoles in mind

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
7 to 900 bucks for a good gaming rig, most games are still single core meaning higher clock speed chips tend to do better + more is required for the GPU.

Also most games can be run of medium settings without breaking the bank, of course higher end, 4k, 144mhz and beyond youll need a big boy. That Nvidia 3 series thread is the big boy, you don't need that yet for heavy gaming.

Most games (GTA5, so forth) aren't PC extensive like that, you talking games like Metro and Flight simulator that required heavy dual core or quad core that demand power.

but don't be one of them dudes who pc game with a controller, go all out and get a good mechanic keyboard and mouse.

You can do something like a I5+ 1660ti and play most games at a respectable frame rate, high end you talking 2070+ ryzen 3 series chips.

Most these dudes who talk heavy PC gaming are really trying to bulletproof for years to come, you can spend half that and be set for a few.

Dell and a few companies are clearing out some 1650+I5 or I3 systems for under 650 that will last for a few on moderate settings, nothing major.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just me and my Switch just me and my Switch just me and my Switch.

Meanwhile my PC and PS4 Pro collect dust even though they have superior graphics.

It's all about ease-of-use and convenience to me.

I'm out of town right now, at a hotel. fukk I look like lugging all that shyt with me when I need a gaming fix? Switch got my back I can play it anywhere.

What are you playing :scust: