Is it widely known that Hip Hop/Rap was born in Jamaica?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See. But I'll start with SKA music for example. Roscoe Gordon, Memphis, No More Doggin 1951

First SKA record- Theophilus Beckford- Easy Snapping 1959

Guess they made that all by themselves also huh? :usure:

Jamaican music is hugely influenced by R&B, I wouldn't debate that

In the same way rapping is hugely influenced by toasting, DJing is hugely influenced by Jamaican Deejaying, Rap battling is hugely influenced by Clashing etc etc

Gotta give credit where credits due

:manny:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They can try to deny it all they want. Our music forms spread to their island. Our music influenced any music they created. Point blank. Period. To deny that is to lie. It's the truth. They can try to write us out of the narrative but the evidence is there. Sorry. :manny:
Who's they? I doubt you're black foh :russ:

New York was full of Jamaican/Caribbean immigrants at the time, the majority of hip hop pioneers (herc, bambata, flash) were 1st generation Jamaican/Caribbean.

They merged Jamaican culture with Black American culture and created Hip Hop.

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
Who's they? I doubt you're black foh :russ:

New York was full of Jamaican/Caribbean immigrants at the time, the majority of hip hop pioneers (herc, bambata, flash) were 1st generation Jamaican/Caribbean.

They merged Jamaican culture with Black American culture and created Hip Hop.

If that's the best you got so be it. When I say "they" (detractors-not the first time I've heard someone say this) they always seemingly want to leave out vital pieces to create a narrative that's isn't exactly accurate. You have done the same. You claim Jamaica created it, it was shown "rhyming" didn't come from Jamaica nor could you prove Jamaicans influenced it (not one piece your talking 50s we showed 1920s+). We already had that. But for some reason you continued on. I never said Kool Herc invented rap- you did (I said influenced, not created-which is accurate).Yet where's your evidence dating back like we showed? Nothing, but opinion. We've never denied influences, YOU claimed Jamaica invented it when you didn't. You've got an agenda, and it's clear everyone sees that. Not just Kool Herc (others were doing it to). It's clear you won't change your mind, but you can't refute anything we've posted. You're a fundamentalist (in this scenario...someone who doesn't let facts and figures get in the way of what you believe). We'll just have to agree to disagree and let the rest of the world be the judge. They know it's us. Sorry.

Last edited:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jamaican music is hugely influenced by R&B, I wouldn't debate that

In the same way rapping is hugely influenced by toasting, DJing is hugely influenced by Jamaican Deejaying, Rap battling is hugely influenced by Clashing etc etc

Gotta give credit where credits due

:manny:
You keep writing this but providing no proof. We posted a damn newspapers article worth showing you its not true but, you keep repeating yourself. I even posted a video of kool herc telling you what influenced him, and you write, "who cares":comeon:

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
You keep writing this but providing no proof. We posted a damn newspapers article worth showing you its not true but, you keep repeating yourself. I even posted a video of kool herc telling you what influenced him, and you write, "who cares":comeon:

No reason to reply anymore. Won't change his mind. He's vested in that narrative. This thread will definitely open eyes when it comes to the music. Anyone serious will check what we posted and go from there. We've opened and will open plenty more eyes for every person who checks this thread in the future. And that's good enough. You can put a person on the path, you can't make 'em walk it.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that's the best you got so be it. When I say "they" (detractors-not the first time I've heard someone say this) they always seemingly want to leave out vital pieces to create a narrative that's isn't exactly accurate. You have done the same. You claim Jamaica created it, it was shown "rhyming" didn't come from Jamaica nor could you prove Jamaicans influenced it (not one piece your talking 50s we showed 1920s+). We already had that. But for some reason you continued on. I never said Kool Herc invented rap- you did (I said influenced, not created-which is accurate).Yet where's your evidence dating back like we showed? Nothing, but opinion. We've never denied influences, YOU claimed Jamaica invented it when you didn't. You've got an agenda, and it's clear everyone sees that. Not just Kool Herc (others were doing it to). It's clear you won't change your mind, but you can't refute anything we've posted. You're a fundamentalist (in this scenario...someone who doesn't let facts and figures get in the way of what you believe). We'll just have to agree to disagree and let the rest of the world be the judge. They know it's us. Sorry.

:sas2: so you not black huh? talking this us shyt. I am us, you're "them" :scust:

Jamaica got its first studio in the 50s bro

Victims of the African diaspora stay connected, whether its food, music, dance, slang.

To say Jamaican music did not influence rap is to deny a family member.

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
I am "us" TEAM AA 100%. So miss me with your bullshyt to keep the argument going. I (and others) backed you down and this is the best you can do? That's pathetic. If I was white why would I have given a shyt that someone is trying to claim rap as Jamaican rather than OUR MUSIC?!?! Why would I use the term "our music" if I wasn't apart of that group? Well it's funny, you were straight trying to shade us with your responses. So as a "member" of the collective then why the hell were you so dismissive of what posters said? Why didn't you listen to what we said? Why did you keep doubling down with that shyt even after we showed you? :sas2:

First it was all them (from your attitude you're not AA) 100%--Jamaica. Now it's an "us" thing because you don't can't prove its just y'all. Your shyt is looking funny in the light.:rudy:

DID I MAKE THE THREAD? NAH. YOU SAID JAMAICA BIRTHED RAP/HIP HOP NOT ME. That's what I tried to tell you postings earlier (on this thread after you ran out of the other thread and made a brand new one). Now you can't prove it, you trying to cop pleas.....LOL. You real funny man.

Now you want to talk about "influence" that's what I told your ass from the jump. But I guess you thought I wasn't on my grizzly. Didn't expect all that to come at you did you? Nah, you didn't...or you would have agreed with me saying Herc contributed but didn't create off the top.

Last edited: