Is Iman Shumpert speaking facts? “Men with money don’t want women to pay bills, keep your money ladies”

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You're talking to someone who hasn't had to work in over a decade.

100k+ may or may not be broke. It depends. But if you need a woman to help provide you/the family with a certain lifestyle you can't provide on your own, then you're broke. Sorry.
Oh man, u women are really awful :what:

Raphaello

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York/Toronto
What's crazy, a few years ago you hardly ever heard women saying anything about wanting a man to pay all the bills while they sit at home & play housewife. They were all for starting businesses & going back to school, furthering their education, accumulating thousands upon thousands of dollars in student loans. Now they see it being discussed on social media & they follow suit. I just wanna know is who do they expect pay off that debt? 👁👁
They simply got older and looking for simps to settle down. It's messed up because older women don't use social media like that so we don't tend to hear their perspective. The few that do are crowded about by younger millenials and gen z which distorts online conversation. We have to wait a few decades until every generation is using social media for it to accurately reflect reality.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Men who aren't broke arent pressed about how much a woman makes or contributes. It's common sense.
:mjlol:not being broke doesn't mean I want to be used.

men who dont care if a woman contributes are looking for domestic slaves / trophies they can control with money, rather than actual life partners.

Last edited:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I made $400k last year and my lady splits bills and rent w/ me. We go 60/40, but she still pays. She has a good job and wants to contribute. That’s the mentality you should look for

It’s not Iman Shumpert money, or close to it, but I don’t want to advertise to women that if they’re with me they ride for free, that’s how you attract the wrong women :childplease:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
He's right and this isn't exclusive to millionaires, albeit not as unanimous among "regular" high earners.
Are women also okay will having a lower quality of life because they want their husband to pay all the bills? Are they also okay with either dating older men or waiting until their mid to late 30s to marry because men can’t afford to pay for everything earlier in their lives?

Men paid all of the bills in the past because that’s what was required to make the household work. Women largely couldn’t work and they were almost completely responsible for the household. Also, an average man’s salary was enough to provide a good life for his family. None of that is true today. None of it. Not to mention, expectations are higher regarding standard of living.

Me and my wife split the bills. Now, since we both make good money and it’s more than enough to cover bills and savings, she keeps more of her money than I do and her self care items (hair, nails, etc.) are included in the budget. But, up until a couple years ago we would put all our money into one pot and paid for everything together. That included an allowance for both of us. Right now we live in a half a million dollar house, have two kids in gymnastics (stupid expensive), and travel at least 2-3 times per year. If I was paying all the bills, we could live sure… but not like that. Is that what she wants? Furthermore, if I know I have to lower my standard of living just because I have a wife, I’m probably waiting a lot longer to get married myself. I got married at 24. I may now just consider getting married if that’s what my wife wanted.

Then you have women who say the men should pay the bills and the women pay for other stuff like childcare and/or groceries, but when you do the math it’s not that different. You’re just complicating things to upheld some standard that means nothing if everyone involved isn’t happy.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
stop broadcasting nonsense. even if you making 6 figures a combined income helps.

were not in 1950. i find it funny that the only traditional gender roles women fight to keep are the ones that benefit them while upholding none of the other shyt.
This^

My grandmother didn't go to school/ work/ pay bills because she couldn't. A woman who doesn't do those things in 2022 is just lazy.

A man shouldn't have to pay Bill's by himself, even when the woman is pregnant; that's what maternity leave is for, that's why you plan ahead before having a child (save money), Rather than just having them randomly.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Easy for him to say he made millions already.
:beli:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
The average man makes 45k or 42k in this country, only 8% of black men make over 100k. 15% makes over 75k (black men)

Roughly 12% of men give or take can afford to pay the bills and (and still maintain a life, meaning, buy clothes, take his woman out, pay for things for the kids)

Paying Bills, meaning pay his and hers car note + plus insurance, kids' daycare, health insurance, dental insurance, vacation trips, plus a 1000 or more home mortgage along with utilities, the average black man cannot do that on that 45k salary.

His statement is very dangerous. Women do not want to live in an apartment, Women do not want to live in a 165k house, in 2022, paying all of the bills and allowing your woman not to contribute to anything is draining, especially if you're playing stepdad.

Only dudes who don't come from poverty, lower class homes make statements like what he's made, backward ass hell.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
Lotta brehs on here like to diminish women getting degrees and earning a high income because their redpill youtube daddies told them women with degrees will die alone amidst a colony of cats. I believe the logic was that a high value man doesn't care about your income or degrees, with several brehs stating that a Walmart cashier with proper feminity was worth more than these unmanageable degreed modern women.

You can't decry the lack of traditional relationships if you are unwilling as a man to submit yourself to the demands of patriarchy and be willing to provide. You cannot demand a traditional woman if you are not ready able or willing to provide a traditional lifestyle, i.e. you are the breadwinner. On the other hand, you have a lot of women who want traditional men, but are unwilling or unable to provide traditional feminity expected within a patriarchical household. And have no doubt, thats what a lot of women long for quiet as its kept, the chivalry and protection of patriarchy, but with the mentality of a 'modern' woman. Not gonna work either.

Its 2022, the 1950s nuclear household is a dead model in an era with 10% inflation and cost of living outstripping wage gains. It is unrealistic to expect a man to provide for all of your wants and needs while you hoard your income and resources. Traditionalism for men and women is a sword that cuts both ways for both genders. The cognitive dissonance surrounding relationships is high with both genders.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Are women also okay will having a lower quality of life because they want their husband to pay all the bills? Are they also okay with either dating older men or waiting until their mid to late 30s to marry because men can’t afford to pay for everything earlier in their lives?

Men paid all of the bills in the past because that’s what was required to make the household work. Women largely couldn’t work and they were almost completely responsible for the household. Also, an average man’s salary was enough to provide a good life for his family. None of that is true today. None of it. Not to mention, expectations are higher regarding standard of living.

Me and my wife split the bills. Now, since we both make good money and it’s more than enough to cover bills and savings, she keeps more of her money than I do and her self care items (hair, nails, etc.) are included in the budget. But, up until a couple years ago we would put all our money into one pot and paid for everything together. That included an allowance for both of us. Right now we live in a half a million dollar house, have two kids in gymnastics (stupid expensive), and travel at least 2-3 times per year. If I was paying all the bills, we could live sure… but not like that. Is that what she wants? Furthermore, if I know I have to lower my standard of living just because I have a wife, I’m probably waiting a lot longer to get married myself. I got married at 24. I may now just consider getting married if that’s what my wife wanted.

Then you have women who say the men should pay the bills and the women pay for other stuff like childcare and/or groceries, but when you do the math it’s not that different. You’re just complicating things to upheld some standard that means nothing if everyone involved isn’t happy.
I'm not talking about the average man salary