Is Iman Shumpert speaking facts? “Men with money don’t want women to pay bills, keep your money ladies”

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Fair enough.

My problem with this discourse is that everyone else seems to understand dual income except this very specific, large group of black women. High income earners - six figures for instance - tend to marry other high income earners. Doctors marry lawyers. Attorneys marry engineers. That's just how things go according to the data, in America. Yet these couples aren't fighting over whether one person should pay 100% and the other zero. They're combining their income to ensure they have maximum, perfect credit. To ensure their children go to the best schools and camps. To ensure they're saving for college expenses for when their children hit 17-18. To ensure they have access to whatever semi-high society clubs and events where they can have fun.

Middle income earners understand this. Lower/working class income earners understand this. Anyone who has had a lower wage job will tell you, white people get married fast as fukk. The wife will be a receptionist, the husband will be a construction worker...and they make that shyt work. I'm not saying this is every relationship. There are guys who don't want or care if their partner works. I make enough money that it doesn't matter to me personally. But that's not most men, and certainly not most black men. And it sure as hell isn't most men these types of women - who tend to be single mothers, aren't really doing anything in life, etc - can pursue.

All of this. Bolded especially.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Well apparently for the scenario being discussed, it isn't.
Well the scenario that we are discussing would require you to be somewhere near a top 5% earner for your life to unaffected while taking care of another adult human being (and possibly children)…. Which is pretty much the point I’m making.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Well the scenario that we are discussing would require you to be somewhere near a top 5% earner for your life to unaffected while taking care of another adult human being (and possibly children)…. Which is pretty much the point I’m making.
Well statistically speaking are you not a top 5% earner and are still asking your wife to work? I believe someone well over 100k would qualify for what you just said.

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
Marry useless bum bytches bruh, entertain women that should remain under their fathers bruhs. Enable lazy, entitled behavior for the sake of p*ssy bruhs

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Well statistically speaking are you not a top 5% earner and are still asking your wife to work? I believe someone well over 100k would qualify for what you just said.
Top 5% would be around $220k in Georgia… so no I’m not in the top 5%. After bonuses I would bring in a little over $150k. Again, we could live fine with that, but not at the standard that we are living now. We bring about $260-$270k together, give or take. With that said, I told my wife she could move to part time work once I got to around $175k base salary because at that amount I would be making enough to cover the most important things and she would still be able to save for her own retirement. But I also cautioned her that we may not be able to travel as often and/or to the places she’d like on a reduced household income, but we’d see if and when it happened.

IWasntMadeToPlayTheSon

Mutant Mindframe
Daps
Reppin
Concrete, Concrete like Greg Street
so what do you think the average income is?

What do you think the average income should be?

How many people do u think make that....on average?
I know the average is around the 45k range. I don’t think there should be a universal average income, so should be isn’t important imo. 15ish%. All this doesn’t change my initial feeling that 100k gross isn’t a lot.

Mr. Glass

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I made $400k last year and my lady splits bills and rent w/ me. We go 60/40, but she still pays. She has a good job and wants to contribute. That’s the mentality you should look for

It’s not Iman Shumpert money, or close to it, but I don’t want to advertise to women that if they’re with me they ride for free, that’s how you attract the wrong women :childplease:
Same here. Just got married last month, and I’ve made 200-300k a year the last 3 years. My wife pays bills (she’s a high earner too). The fukk I look like being a grown woman’s father. And she shot with me in the gym.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
This very mindset is why his fellow professional athletes are constantly being trapped and finessed. A man assuming full financial responsibility for a woman that’s not his wife in 2022 is pure ego driven idiocy. People’s need to hold onto outdated gender roles despite it bringing them feelings of inadequacy and under-appreciation is insane to me.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
I know the average is around the 45k range. I don’t think there should be a universal average income, so should be isn’t important imo. 15ish%. All this doesn’t change my initial feeling that 100k gross isn’t a lot.
Exactly.

Just to stay on the original quote
Are u saying the dude making 100k wouldn't appreciate his wife making money more than the millionaire would?

If 100k aint much wouldn't that make Iman even more of a panderer?