Is Iman Shumpert speaking facts? “Men with money don’t want women to pay bills, keep your money ladies”

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
This is common knowledge though. The girlfriends and wives of men of means use their money for upkeep/maintenance, not bills.

Dap but my GF - nah son.. wife you got the reigns but GF - I can't do it....that's just me tho... Of course dates and other nails hair done bs like that are covered but shiiiiddd - yo braces not covered nah fam I ain't puttin into that - no ring - no bling :russ:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This has to stop. Lmao

A small percentage of men of all races can afford to do that. The people who meet those requirements recognize each other.

This is not helping the relationship discourse.

I really wish the housewife and HVM stuff hadn’t hit social media.

These concepts can be introduced to the youth who have time to strive for it, but you have a bunch of adults who don’t know how to run a household, manage family schedules, reach the career heights that will allow for this lifestyle, have the ability to be selfless and trustworthy IN this type of marriage, etc………

This stuff just has to stop.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Dap but my GF - nah son.. wife you got the reigns but GF - I can't do it....that's just me tho... Of course dates and other nails hair done bs like that are covered but shiiiiddd - yo braces not covered nah fam I ain't puttin into that - no ring - no bling :russ:
Well hopefully the braces were taken care of by her parents when she was a kid :sadcam:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a man I think he means we don’t really care what credentials a woman has job education wise as we don’t usually tend to connect their value with career accomplishments.

Besides he’s a millionaire married to another one. Of course he definitely doesn’t care. But he’s a top 1% type. Add in his wife they are even smaller than 1%.

Dude low key is probably tired of damn teyanna even though she brings home other females.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Yeah but those women do shyt

Try that “I just wanna spend money, shop and be on Instagram all day” with habibi

Imagine marrying an expense instead of an asset

Ted Cruz and dikk Cheney’s wives out here pulling strings working in high places and Valerie Jarrett is the kingmaker of black people but I’m supposed to play babysitter with my women

It makes absolutely no sense to marry someone who eats up resources, the whole point of marriage is risk protection and keeping resources in

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Men who aren't broke arent pressed about how much a woman makes or contributes. It's common sense.
Not broke doesn’t equate to multimillionaire. And I know a couple millionaires that undoubtedly won’t deal with a woman who won’t contribute. It’s not about needing them to.

My business partner for one. He doesn’t need her to but his wife works for the city. Because she just not a bum ass bytch and likes to contribute to their life.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
You're talking to someone who hasn't had to work in over a decade.

100k+ may or may not be broke. It depends. But if you need a woman to help provide you/the family with a certain lifestyle you can't provide on your own, then you're broke. Sorry.
Nah, that's unrealistic.

If she wants the big house and between the both of us we can get it, furnish it and maintain three cars and 3 children, how am I broke?

If I'm broke then she's clearly just spare parts, correct?

That's just not realistic for the world we live in.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not broke doesn’t equate to multimillionaire. And I know a couple millionaires that undoubtedly won’t deal with a woman who won’t contribute. It’s not about needing them to.

My business partner for one. He doesn’t need her to but his wife works for the city. Because she just not a bum ass bytch and likes to contribute to their life.
That don't mean she pays bills

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That don't mean she pays bills
She does pay bills and other expenses. I wouldn’t have used her as an example if she didn’t.
She contributes and it matters to him that she does despite not needing her to. Example being, they live in Lake Forest but are in the city everyday. So they also have a condo in the city but she pays it mostly because she’s didn’t like the commute.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
You're talking to someone who hasn't had to work in over a decade.

100k+ may or may not be broke. It depends. But if you need a woman to help provide you/the family with a certain lifestyle you can't provide on your own, then you're broke. Sorry.

I said it depends. And you missed my point.

Of course I know couples doing well who both work. I said if you as the head/breadwinner NEED your wife to work as hard as you do in order to have a certain lifestyle then yes, you're broke (relative to your desired lifestyle).

I tell my oldest daughter, if a suitor comes to you talking about wanting to build an empire together, run for the hills cuz that man wants to work you like a rented mule. My daughter doesn't want the housewife life and that's fine, but she needs to be with someone who doesn't need her income, that way she can stay home with the baby for a while without worrying about rushing back to work.

Thinking your wife is taking advantage of you because she expects to be provided for is a broke mentality.

Does your wife work?
What is this "certain lifestyle"?

:mjlol: at the bolded

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She does pay bills and other expenses. I wouldn’t have used her as an example if she didn’t.
She contributes and it matters to him that she does despite not needing her to. Example being, they live in Lake Forest but are in the city everyday. So they also have a condo in the city but she pays it mostly because she’s didn’t like the commute.
He sounds like a goofy, IMO.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Coli nikkas always whining and crying about how they yearn to be sole providers for women but then turn around and pull the move many of you are making in this thread:mjlol:

Quiet as kept, a lot of these brothers are upset that some men have a desire to provide for women and give them the choice to work. A lot of these dudes want to be in bed on IG living a soft life while a provider takes care of them.

:francis: