Is Iman Shumpert speaking facts? “Men with money don’t want women to pay bills, keep your money ladies”

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Not limited to millionaires =/= 70K a year trying to move like it's 1960.
Ok that’s fine, but it really doesn’t change what I said. I make six figures in the South and if we lived off one income we still couldn’t do what we do now. We’d have to cut somewhere, whether that’s how much we save (trying to retire before 55), how much we travel or how much we spend on our children’s extracurriculars/development… or whatever else. It does work… unless she’s footing the bill for all that extra stuff that’s not monthly bills. And this is us without having a car payment. You think a nikka making $100k+ is trying to take a step backwards because his girl wants him to pay all the bills? You gotta go from a 100k lifestyle to a 50-60k lifestyle. And then you gonna have to work longer because your retirement will still have to support two people.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Ok that’s fine, but it really doesn’t change what I said. I make six figures in the South and if we lived off one income we still couldn’t do what we do now. We’d have to cut somewhere, whether that’s how much we save (trying to retire before 55), how much we travel or how much we spend on our children’s extracurriculars/development… or whatever else. It does work… unless she’s footing the bill for all that extra stuff that’s not monthly bills. And this is us without having a car payment. You think a nikka making $100k+ is trying to take a step backwards because his girl wants him to pay all the bills? You gotta go from a 100k lifestyle to a 50-60k lifestyle. And then you gonna have to work longer because your retirement will still have to support two people.
We keep telling y'all just entering 100K isn't what y'all think it is. But aight.

King Poetic

The D.O.G. (Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Pacific
nikka live within the top 5% of men making millions and live in a while different lane

This is why sisters have this I need a man making 100k plus a year bullshyt

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
z50xp-1619719725-16226-list_items-no.jpg

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I said it depends. And you missed my point.

Of course I know couples doing well who both work. I said if you as the head/breadwinner NEED your wife to work as hard as you do in order to have a certain lifestyle then yes, you're broke (relative to your desired lifestyle).

I tell my oldest daughter, if a suitor comes to you talking about wanting to build an empire together, run for the hills cuz that man wants to work you like a rented mule. My daughter doesn't want the housewife life and that's fine, but she needs to be with someone who doesn't need her income, that way she can stay home with the baby for a while without worrying about rushing back to work.

Thinking your wife is taking advantage of you because she expects to be provided for is a broke mentality.

Does your wife work?
:mjlol: what? That's what power couples say to each other all the time. How do you think family wealth is built? A man with a high income looks for a woman with a high income and tells her we gonna build an empire/generational wealth. By having a dual income and saving and investing the extra money they generate. This ain't rocket science lmao

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm sure he'll be singing the same tune if he marries someone, doesn't require them to do shyt, and then give up half in a divorce, despite the fact that she wasn't shooting shots with him in the gym.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You're talking to someone who hasn't had to work in over a decade.

100k+ may or may not be broke. It depends. But if you need a woman to help provide you/the family with a certain lifestyle you can't provide on your own, then you're broke. Sorry.
See, this is where you misunderstand. I make 200k (shout out to capitalism and FAANG :skip:), not 1 percent but comfortable, and my partner makes way less than me and I take care of her but she STILL offers to pay for drinks every now and then. It's called pride. It's called independence. I pay anyways, but it's sexy to me know that she can.

Regardless, every couple has their own dynamic, I get it. But to call brehs who can't relate broke, is crazy and detached. Once you catch your hubby blowing another women's back out, we'll see how the resume stacks up.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
See, this is where you misunderstand. I make 200k (shout out to capitalism and FAANG :skip:), not 1 percent but comfortable, and my partner makes way less than me and I take care of her but she STILL offers to pay for drinks every now and then. It's called pride. It's called independence. I pay anyways, but it's sexy to me know that she can.

Regardless, every couple has their own dynamic, I get it. But to call brehs who can't relate broke, is crazy and detached. Once you catch your hubby blowing another women's back out, we'll see how the resume stacks up.
She gonna run his pockets

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$100k+ isn't broke

And in 2022 if you got a woman that isn't equally yoked you doing your kids a disservice

When ppl say shyt like this it's easy to see who came from semi functional households and who didn't

Tutoring, neighborhoods to live in better schools, all that shyt costs

Your woman isnt supposed to be as equally yoked ie equally subjected to white supremacy. It is doing your woman and child a disservice by furthering their assimilation. But I'm not judging:hubie:.

As men we should be shielding our women from white supremacy and its harsh realities. Not sending them to the plantation/Babylon to further the Europeans agenda. Or be corrupted by hellhound women in a callcenter.

Admittedly if my righteous attachment worked we could get out of this country sooner. But it wouldnt sit right with me. She makes money here and there doing hair,which is fine. Shes a great home maker and mother,and pure spirit. Exactly as a woman should be:banderas:

Is your woman equally righteous as you,does she have knowledge of self like you? Is she feminin and everything your not?Thats the only yoke you need to worry about in 2022

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That is something that's obvious for a millionaire and doesn't need to be said by them, let it come from the mouth of an average person.

Fair enough.

My problem with this discourse is that everyone else seems to understand dual income except this very specific, large group of black women. High income earners - six figures for instance - tend to marry other high income earners. Doctors marry lawyers. Attorneys marry engineers. That's just how things go according to the data, in America. Yet these couples aren't fighting over whether one person should pay 100% and the other zero. They're combining their income to ensure they have maximum, perfect credit. To ensure their children go to the best schools and camps. To ensure they're saving for college expenses for when their children hit 17-18. To ensure they have access to whatever semi-high society clubs and events where they can have fun.

Middle income earners understand this. Lower/working class income earners understand this. Anyone who has had a lower wage job will tell you, white people get married fast as fukk. The wife will be a receptionist, the husband will be a construction worker...and they make that shyt work. I'm not saying this is every relationship. There are guys who don't want or care if their partner works. I make enough money that it doesn't matter to me personally. But that's not most men, and certainly not most black men. And it sure as hell isn't most men these types of women - who tend to be single mothers, aren't really doing anything in life, etc - can pursue.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Fair enough.

My problem with this discourse is that everyone else seems to understand dual income except this very specific, large group of black women. High income earners - six figures for instance - tend to marry other high income earners. Doctors marry lawyers. Attorneys marry engineers. That's just how things go according to the data, in America. Yet these couples aren't fighting over whether one person should pay 100% and the other zero. They're combining their income to ensure they have maximum, perfect credit. To ensure their children go to the best schools and camps. To ensure they're saving for college expenses for when their children hit 17-18. To ensure they have access to whatever semi-high society clubs and events where they can have fun.

Middle income earners understand this. Lower/working class income earners understand this. Anyone who has had a lower wage job will tell you, white people get married fast as fukk. The wife will be a receptionist, the husband will be a construction worker...and they make that shyt work. I'm not saying this is every relationship. There are guys who don't want or care if their partner works. I make enough money that it doesn't matter to me personally. But that's not most men, and certainly not most black men. And it sure as hell isn't most men these types of women - who tend to be single mothers, aren't really doing anything in life, etc - can pursue.
They don't understand because they were raised in dysfunction

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They don't understand because they were raised in dysfunction

You right. It's funny how this explains so much stuff. Not just in relationships...a lot of these people don't even understand the concept of having a profession. Their entire concept of work is...McDonalds. Or retail. And it's why this "I can't date a 9-5 guy" or "I can't be a 9-5 guy" mentality exists in many women and men. Not knowing that lawyers work 9-5s. Accountants work 9-5s. Most successful, high earning people in this country work a 9-5 or some variation of it. This isn't a sustainable situation, having this many people willfully delusional about basic life.