Is Iman Shumpert speaking facts? “Men with money don’t want women to pay bills, keep your money ladies”

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I said it depends. And you missed my point.

Of course I know couples doing well who both work. I said if you as the head/breadwinner NEED your wife to work as hard as you do in order to have a certain lifestyle then yes, you're broke (relative to your desired lifestyle).

I tell my oldest daughter, if a suitor comes to you talking about wanting to build an empire together, run for the hills cuz that man wants to work you like a rented mule. My daughter doesn't want the housewife life and that's fine, but she needs to be with someone who doesn't need her income, that way she can stay home with the baby for a while without worrying about rushing back to work.

Thinking your wife is taking advantage of you because she expects to be provided for is a broke mentality.

Does your wife work?
We not doing this bull shyt because this is what you said
"Men who aren't broke arent pressed about how much a woman makes or contributes. It's common sense."

When choosing a partner, a man should be concerned with his wife's income.

If the wife has a baby, then they can cut back.
They should plan as a unit, and plan their life on not committing to shyt that they can't afford

What you want for your daughter is irrelevant, I'm not going to let you sit up here and call men broke because they can't afford to be the sole provider in the house in 2022

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
You're talking to someone who hasn't had to work in over a decade.

100k+ may or may not be broke. It depends. But if you need a woman to help provide you/the family with a certain lifestyle you can't provide on your own, then you're broke. Sorry.

Only if you need help you broke peach? So if it's offered the male is in good standings then right - you tell yo significant other I got this - he supposed to tell you nahhhhh - I'll be a broke boy then - I can tell my ole lady I'm dropping this and that and she still will be like I got it - ion know are situations different?

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
You're talking to someone who hasn't had to work in over a decade.

100k+ may or may not be broke. It depends. But if you need a woman to help provide you/the family with a certain lifestyle you can't provide on your own, then you're broke. Sorry.
mmmm.....maybe explain a bit more

The lifestyle of being single is different from the lifestyle of being a sole breadwinner

Single earning 100K is pretty good. More freedom more choices.
Eat out more, buy nice things, travel some more. take a lady out here and there,
splurge on whatever u like once in a while.
Plus more If u have no debts and no kids and a low COL, then

future-drake.gif

Married with only 100k with kids and a wife who believes real men are sole breadwinners....oof

embarrassed-sad.gif

Peachstate

Lady
Daps
Reppin
The four-hundred thousand
We not doing this bull shyt because this is what you said
"Men who aren't broke arent pressed about how much a woman makes or contributes. It's common sense."

When choosing a partner, a man should be concerned with his wife's income.

If the wife has a baby, then they can cut back.
They should plan as a unit, and plan their life on not committing to shyt that they can't afford

What you want for your daughter is irrelevant, I'm not going to let you sit up here and call men broke because they can't afford to be the sole provider in the house in 2022

Maybe average was a better word to use than broke.

Only if you need help you broke peach? So if it's offered the male is in good standings then right - you tell yo significant other I got this - he supposed to tell you nahhhhh - I'll be a broke boy then - I can tell my ole lady I'm dropping this and that and she still will be like I got it - ion know are situations different?

I would never say "I got this" because...for what? If my man has it, why do I need to offer? Men who have it don't need you to offer/prove a point that you got it too.

It's a mindset, that's all. I apologize gentlemen, if my wording (broke) was offensive.

Peachstate

Lady
Daps
Reppin
The four-hundred thousand
mmmm.....maybe explain a bit more

The lifestyle of being single is different from the lifestyle of being a sole breadwinner

Single earning 100K is pretty good. More freedom more choices.
Eat out more, buy nice things, travel some more. take a lady out here and there,
splurge on whatever u like once in a while.
Plus more If u have no debts and no kids and a low COL, then

future-drake.gif

Married with only 100k with kids and a wife who believes real men are sole breadwinners....oof

embarrassed-sad.gif

Ok, ok, I struck a nerve. I'm sorry, y'all. Broke was insensitive.

All I'm saying is that men who don't need help aren't worried about how much their women make or contribute. If she works, cool. If not, cool. So I agree with Iman and feel like it's common sense. And not all these men are millionaires.

I also agree that the average working man has to concern himself with that so what Iman said isn't feasible for those men.

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT

I would never say "I got this" because...for what? If my man has it, why do I need to offer? Men who have it don't need you to offer/prove a point that you got it too.

It's a mindset, that's all. I apologize gentlemen, if my wording (broke) was offensive.
That's the thing you know your dude got it and still offer - courtesy of sorts. It don't bother me cuz I know I got it but if she wanna spend bread on our outings then I'ma match it but I def won't feel out of place

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

I want to have a real convo
I really dont even think you can call 100k average in America

But I do respect ppl having their own standards(to a degree)

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Ok, ok, I struck a nerve. I'm sorry, y'all. Broke was insensitive.

All I'm saying is that men who don't need help aren't worried about how much their women make or contribute. If she works, cool. If not, cool. So I agree with Iman and feel like it's common sense. And not all these men are millionaires.

I also agree that the average working man has to concern himself with that so what Iman said isn't feasible for those men.
Oh nah I'm good. No nerves struck at all. Beach Weekend is coming .

Concern about what your lady is earning doesn't always mean you're broke though.

It's just easier to know how to move together.

If she's making less than me then I know I gotta carry this relationship on my back. Not ideal but doable. I would probably have to earn more as a backup or help her get up to a better level (school, certs, etc)
If she's making the same then ok we can build together, live easier life with that dual income
If she's making more then I'm proud of her and inspired to go earn more or atleast master my craft. But also it's nothing for us to really go out and live that soft lifestyle.

None of those situations mean a man is broke or needs help

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I said it depends. And you missed my point.

Of course I know couples doing well who both work. I said if you as the head/breadwinner NEED your wife to work as hard as you do in order to have a certain lifestyle then yes, you're broke (relative to your desired lifestyle).

I tell my oldest daughter, if a suitor comes to you talking about wanting to build an empire together, run for the hills cuz that man wants to work you like a rented mule. My daughter doesn't want the housewife life and that's fine, but she needs to be with someone who doesn't need her income, that way she can stay home with the baby for a while without worrying about rushing back to work.

Thinking your wife is taking advantage of you because she expects to be provided for is a broke mentality.

Does your wife work?

One of the dumbest things I’ve read on here in a minute.

I remember having this discussion with my wife, laid it all out and said we can afford this much home and car if I work alone (400k home) and we can afford this much if she works as well ( 850k home with upgrades and new cars). She chose the latter because she wanted a particular lifestyle.

So according to you I would be considered broke because we need her income to sustain the life she chose for herself. :mjlol:

Shouldnt she be considered the broke one because she cant afford the life she wants without my income? :jbhmm:

Last edited: