Is Chris Tucker the biggest underachiever in the history of acting?

Is Chris Tucker the biggest underachiever in Acting history?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • No but he's up there

Votes: 55 41.7%

• Total voters
Daps
I think he did underachieve to an extent. I think his run could have been longer than what it was. He probably had another 5 years where he could've been that dude.

I also think he had the talent to go act in more serious roles as well.

The run that he did have was legendary tho. Friday alone made him official.:yeshrug:

Daps
Chris Tucker failed to fill his own shoes in Rush Hour 2 and 3:snoop:

Epps was great in Friday After Next and All About the Benjamins:pachaha:...Chris Tuckers act got old pretty quick,part of it mightnhave been he got to a point where he was larry holmes status but kept that same voice:mjlol:...that shyt worked for him when he was young,but didnt come off naturally or seem right in that :flabbynsick: shell:mjcry:

If youd rather see Chris Tucker over Mike Epps inna friday movie at this point:childplease:
Epps is trash. For me, his comedy comes off as forced. In other words, he tries too hard to be funny. He's just another Tracy Morgan. Chris' shyt was natural. He could make a person laugh without trying to. He just had that type of presence.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I wish he was doing better than Performing on Cruise Ships though. I believe he's Funnier than some People that are more Rich and Famous than him.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I wish he was doing better than Performing on Cruise Ships though. I believe he's Funnier than some People that are more Rich and Famous than him.

To be fair, he never had a breakout stand up routine. Kat Williams, Kevin Hart, Mike Epps, etc had at least one special that people remember. All people remember from Tucker was/is Friday. He was iconic in Friday and Rush Hour. Those roles cemented him in Hollywood, however the typecast was also his biggest downfall, as once you've seen one Chris Tucker movie, you've seen em all. The same thing is happening to Hart....who rather be c00ning for cash than actually work on his comedic artform on film.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Epps is trash. For me, his comedy comes off as forced. In other words, he tries too hard to be funny. He's just another Tracy Morgan. Chris' shyt was natural. He could make a person laugh without trying to. He just had that type of presence.

Chris Tucker screaming and buggin his eyes out wasnt trying too hard,but Epps is:comeon:?his constant Michael Jackson impersonations:snoop:

Epps is naturlly funnier than Chris,Chris just had a naturally funnier voice and delivery....once he got too old to live off that voice as a grown man,it was over:mjcry:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
To be fair, he never had a breakout stand up routine. Kat Williams, Kevin Hart, Mike Epps, etc had at least one special that people remember. All people remember from Tucker was/is Friday. He was iconic in Friday and Rush Hour. Those roles cemented him in Hollywood, however the typecast was also his biggest downfall, as once you've seen one Chris Tucker movie, you've seen em all. The same thing is happening to Hart....who rather be c00ning for cash than actually work on his comedic artform on film.
This hurts to Read but it's not a Lie.:manny:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Of all time? No. He was a one trick pony. The black guy who's range consisted of yelling....to more yelling with head movements. He pretty much started a fad.

Christian Haydenson would take the title, not only did he get to play Vader, but he sucked in everything after. Dude went 100 - 0 real quick...
U dyslexic breh? :pachaha:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
He's had an interesting career. He stole the show in the insanely entertaining Friday, had a good supporting role in Dead Presidents and Money Talks, and also had a memorable cameo in Jackie Brown. Then, Rush Hour happened and he was like "Pay me $20 million dollars" and Hollywood was like ":heh::camby:" and that was a wrap.

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was also in Silver lining playbook
Chris+Tucker+Bradley+Cooper+Silver+Linings+aWYTG74sS8vl.jpg

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
You nikkas are ridiculous...How is Kevin Hart c00ning? JUst because he does a form of comedy you don't find funny doesn't mean he's c00ning. This place has totally made up their own definition of the word :snoop: