Is Chris Tucker the biggest underachiever in the history of acting?

Is Chris Tucker the biggest underachiever in Acting history?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • No but he's up there

Votes: 55 41.7%

• Total voters

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
His $25 million dollar asking price probably hurt him too. Producers looking at him like "
full
Are you Denzel Washington or Will Smith?"

Last edited:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends. His goal was to make money and act. Maybe he's wasn't after all the glory. I'd consider Colin Ferrell and Zac Efron (he's trending there) bigger "busts" per se.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Colin Farrell

was having a conversation about him yesterday talking about the lobster. We went to his IMDB and realized he never had a Big hit.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Depends. His goal was to make money and act. Maybe he's wasn't after all the glory. I'd consider Colin Ferrell and Zac Efron (he's trending there) bigger "busts" per se.
Colin Farrell

was having a conversation about him yesterday talking about the lobster. We went to his IMDB and realized he never had a Big hit.
Were people expecting Colin to become the next Tom Cruise?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
on top of him ONLY doing rush hour movies, when he finally gets back into a critically acclaimed movie after a LONG hiatus (silver linings playbook), he doesn't strike while the iron's hot and get in more films really.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Apparently his "form of comedy" isn't liked by many others statistically. People love his standups though...

If you don't think he's c00ning; playing the black inept sidekick, and or the bytchboy to the main character, you sir have on ruby tinted shades on.
He's not liked by others statistically but he's breaking all kinds of records for comedians? Lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can still c00n and have black actors be part of your entire cast...Tyler Perry does it just fine. But since you need help;

DrillBit Taylor
Little Fockers - Plays a nurse.
Get Hard
Krod Mandoon

:ufdup:
How is Tyler Perry c00ning? You idiots just apply these false definitions to whoever you dislike.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Chris Tucker screaming and buggin his eyes out wasnt trying too hard,but Epps is:comeon:?his constant Michael Jackson impersonations:snoop:

Epps is naturlly funnier than Chris,Chris just had a naturally funnier voice and delivery....once he got too old to live off that voice as a grown man,it was over:mjcry:
Epps specials aren't that great imo.. I used to hit a lot of comedy clubs here in LA back in the day and if Mike Epps was in the house he would do some impromptu sh*t right on the spot and he would absolutely bring down the house and and murder sh*t so bad you didn't even want to hear anyone else go on after him. Seen this happen on about 4-5 different occasions. But he never had that type of performance on one of his specials. Nothing against Epps cause I root for him to do well but Tucker is more complete from acting, stand up, and body of work imo. And yeah Chris Tucker wasted some prime years, especially when he was hot. But he's not that big of a disappointment. Dave Chappelle is the biggest disappointment imo:francis:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Epps specials aren't that great imo.. I used to hit a lot of comedy clubs here in LA back in the day and if Mike Epps was in the house he would do some impromptu sh*t right on the spot and he would absolutely bring down the house and and murder sh*t so bad you didn't even want to hear anyone else go on after him. Seen this happen on about 4-5 different occasions. But he never had that type of performance on one of his specials. Nothing against Epps cause I root for him to do well but Tucker is more complete from acting, stand up, and body of work imo. And yeah Chris Tucker wasted some prime years, especially when he was hot. But he's not that big of a disappointment. Dave Chappelle is the biggest disappointment imo:francis:
How is Dave the biggest disappointment?!?!?!?:dahell: