Is Chris Tucker the biggest underachiever in the history of acting?

Is Chris Tucker the biggest underachiever in Acting history?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • No but he's up there

Votes: 55 41.7%

• Total voters

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I voted yes. He coulda been THAT dude for about a decade. EVERYONE loved him.

His run from '95-'01:

Friday
Dead Presidents
The Fifth Element
Money Talks
Jackie Brown
Rush Hour
Rush Hour 2

Those were all hits and he was a leading role in three of the last four.

In my opinion, there aren't really any movie STARS anymore. Chris Tucker had star power; presence. He definitely sold himself short.
Agreed

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Chris Tucker really is a big fukking underachiever imo. He proved in Dead Presidents that he can really act but he just kept limiting himself to making Rush Hour movies smh

He did it on purpose. I remember him saying years ago that he wanted $20 Million per film for EVERY film he did from now on.

ShaSolair

Rookie
Daps
:snoop:I always felt Tucker could've been more personally. I enjoyed a lot of what he already did but I saw he got WAYYYY too comfortable & lost something by Rush Hour 3. He could've gone the indie route & made low budget Quality flicks to improve himself, refresh the image then debut them at film festivals to keep his name out there & build up catalogue.

...but that is for people who love the art I think Tucker just wanted to make money more than make dope sh#t. Alot of talent lose that hunger once they touch some REAL paper.:francis:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
He could have did more and made more money if that's what you mean by underachieving. But acting never seemed like something that he took that serious and it shows by the lack of roles he has had over the years.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
No. If he wanted to do so, but didn't for some reason I'd say yes. But I remember reading somewhere he didn't want to do more. So it's more like ya'll expected more then he was willing to give than him underachieveing

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
If that's what he wanted to do then more power to him, but it's crazy there was a 14 year span where he only appeared in the Rush Hour movies

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish he would've returned in the "Friday" sequels, 'cause the 1st one is a hood classic. It's the only one worth watching. Mike Epps failed miserably at trying to fill Chris' shoes.

Chris Tucker failed to fill his own shoes in Rush Hour 2 and 3:snoop:

Epps was great in Friday After Next and All About the Benjamins:pachaha:...Chris Tuckers act got old pretty quick,part of it mightnhave been he got to a point where he was larry holmes status but kept that same voice:mjlol:...that shyt worked for him when he was young,but didnt come off naturally or seem right in that :flabbynsick: shell:mjcry:

If youd rather see Chris Tucker over Mike Epps inna friday movie at this point:childplease:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He had his time though,just dont think it was as long as people want to pretend,acting like he couldve had the game locked for a decade and shyt:comeon: