Irv Gotti Says Blackballing 50 Cent Wasn’t Smart & He Should’ve Enslaved Him In A Bad Record Deal

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I sided with 50/Gunit back then during the beef but I don't blame Irv for having the position he had. If a nikka was running around dissing me trying to stop me from succeeding I'd blackball or shelve his ass too. 50 did the same thing to nikkas when he got in position. World to Styles P.

The story 50 is talking about is from 97-98 before he ever dissed them, he didn’t get to Columbia until 99

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka stop it. 50 had a huge buzz with that mixtape shyt. His mixtapes were all the way out here in Denver, Colorado before he even signed to interscope. Interscope was just a plus.

Don’t know why nikkas gotta revise history, I still remember his buzz OUTSIDE of America just based off his mixtapes, I was in Europe and hardcore rap fans were aware of what was bubbling in NY and this was before the interscope deal

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Yea but they way how hot murder inc was they could of stop his momentum but since he signed with Eminem a bigger artist than anyone on murder him inc they couldn’t stop him
Stop his momentum how?

They tried to murk, him..that didnt work.

He was already hot from performing and the mixtape circuit.

There was a bidding war for 50, so ANYWHERE he landed he was going to be alright.

For the fact he already knew cats was out to get him

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
nikka stop it. 50 had a huge buzz with that mixtape shyt. His mixtapes were all the way out here in Denver, Colorado before he even signed to interscope. Interscope was just a plus.
I do have to say I’m in the south and those first 3 g unit tapes were real hot down here. Cats even had the actual mix cds with the cover art and not just the burned CDRs too.

50 is the future (white and blue cover)
no mercy no fear (white and red cover)
And the other one had a white and green cover. Forgot the name.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I think a lot of people would disagree

the Shyne trial occurred when Puffy and J-lo were two of the most popular stars in the country.
267f727bcff793cb690cb188a42f0c36.jpg

It was covered nationally(and internationally) because of that, & made Shyne known to the audience who knew Puff and J-lo
, the silly big hat style that kids were wearing in that era was directly started AFTER Shyne was shown walking to and from court wearing his hat that way
102952-shyne_617_409.jpg

and when the record companies were scrambling to exploit his story sign him...Shyne got Pac-like coverage

shyne-7.jpg

The buzz was HUGE.....the full court press/media coverage was on.

shyt just flopped.
Think puffy was trying to distant himself from shyne which is why the trial was the only promotion he got.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
shyne had a handful of popular songs but overall, his gangsta was always more popular than his music.

we already knew what he was after the bad boy album, so most people weren't gonna go out and purchase him rapping from a pay-phone.

he dropped a few bangers on that album but people were just more interested in fawning over shyne the person, rather than shyne the rapper.
That’s true. To most people he only had that one song Bad Boyz and even then joints like Wanskster (which was before In the club I think) had an element of pop-appeal and overall catchiness that was unique at the time given the subject matter.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That’s true. To most people he only had that one song Bad Boyz and even then joints like Wanskster (which was before In the club I think) had an element of pop-appeal and overall catchiness that was unique at the time given the subject matter.

yep. people forget how huge wanksta was.

not to mention, it was the original ringtone anthem.