Irv Gotti Says Blackballing 50 Cent Wasn’t Smart & He Should’ve Enslaved Him In A Bad Record Deal

Sinister

Banned
Daps
there was actually a bidding war over 50 cent. they didn't save him like they try to portray.

50 is just a cooon.
Em still put 50 on 8 mile soundtrack and 50's biggest hit was produced by Dre.

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do have to say I’m in the south and those first 3 g unit tapes were real hot down here. Cats even had the actual mix cds with the cover art and not just the burned CDRs too.

50 is the future (white and blue cover)
no mercy no fear (white and red cover)
And the other one had a white and green cover. Forgot the name.

God's Plan

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
nikka stop it. 50 had a huge buzz with that mixtape shyt. His mixtapes were all the way out here in Denver, Colorado before he even signed to interscope. Interscope was just a plus.
To insist he would be as big without the Interscope pacakage is crazy lmao

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I do have to say I’m in the south and those first 3 g unit tapes were real hot down here. Cats even had the actual mix cds with the cover art and not just the burned CDRs too.

50 is the future (white and blue cover)
no mercy no fear (white and red cover)
And the other one had a white and green cover. Forgot the name.
god's plan

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Thread title got me rollin, what type of sinister white man way of thinking is that? :russ:, Irv buggin

shyt read j prince book. he talks about sitting back behind the scenes maneuvering certain people into situations where big hits were made, and where he proudly states that in end he owned all the publishing, which he retains today. interestingly enough irv was one of the ones named.

if irv was really smart he would've stayed in the back silently but made sure he had a piece of whatever bullshyt big money upfront but no royalties on the backend deal he shoulda maneuvered 50 into signing, then he shoulda beefed with him and made sure he worked with dre and em and the biggest names in the industry and helped him get even bigger than what he did, and made money off of it. like eazy did with dre.

just another beautiful example of the superior intellect and precision thinking held by those in the West and Mighty South, as compared to..

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Em still put 50 on 8 mile soundtrack and 50's biggest hit was produced by Dre.

of course theyre gonna do all that after he signed on the dotted line. theyre supposed to give him those placements.

what does that have to do with how he REALLY got on?

btw, wanksta was by far the biggest song from 8 mile on the urban side of town. and "in da club" was the biggest hit to come out of aftermath period.

a better question is, if they were doing 50 cent such a favor, why didn't any of their other artists blow up like that? only one that came close was the game, and they ended up putting him in g-unit to ride off of 50's wave despite the fact that he was signed to aftermath before 50.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
You sound crazy fam dude buzz was huge before he even got with Dre and Em :hhh:dude had million dollar bidding wars with companies fighting to sign him you wilding :mjlol:

I remember the source issue were 50 got shot vividly these young nikkas dont know that 50 was really what was buzzing out the hood in ny back when ny still had a lot of cultural credit. My cuzzo bought that shyt back to the hood in Miami and it was like wtf is this fool this shyt is live!!! G unit getting picked up by Aftermath was like a Tsunami AFTER a Earthquake they were already gonna do damage it just went insane after that

blockboy504

LSU Tigers
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Dallas
I remember the source issue were 50 got shot vividly these young nikkas dont know that 50 was really what was buzzing out the hood in ny back when ny still had a lot of cultural credit. My cuzzo bought that shyt back to the hood in Miami and it was like wtf is this fool this shyt is live!!! G unit getting picked up by Aftermath was like a Tsunami AFTER a Earthquake they were already gonna do damage it just went insane after that
Exactly fam they don’t know shyt

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly fam they don’t know shyt

yeah, thats kinda how I remembered it. it was a long time ago but I was rocking PotD and it was my favorite shyt and 50 prob was my favorite "new" rapper at the time. I remember saying to myself, "this guy is going to be the next rap star right on the level of Jay". then I remember nobody really knowing who he was on a large scale, then when he got shot everyone knew who he was, next thing I know I am hearing of a bidding war for him and his group then hearing Interscope/Shady backed up the truck. he wasnt "discovered" by Em as the narrative goes.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a bad business practice.

If someone is talking negatively against you the best thing to do is

A. Ignore them altogether. Rappers who ONLY diss fizzle out

B. Reach out to them. Stop the beef in its tracks early on (Like LL tried with Canibus)

C. Destroy them musically

Abusing power comes back on you. This is an industry where 50 was DOING HIS JOB by dissing them. Talking shyt in hip hop is entertainment whereas doing it other fields is considered unprofessional and immature.

Play fair with your enemies in life brehs. :snoop:

Im 34 years old. :old:. Trust me. Dont do that. Im assuming your young?

But think about it. Do you think 50 would try and do the same to irv if their roles were switched? Just life advice from some random coli poster. Take it or leave it.