Irv Gotti Says Blackballing 50 Cent Wasn’t Smart & He Should’ve Enslaved Him In A Bad Record Deal

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Why all the ethical talk in this thread about holding another man down or irv being a snake?

This is business! If a new and hot upcoming rapper is threatening to take away the popularity of your product and is openly shytting on you, you try and shut them down. Or you buy them.

Wouldn't you do the same?

The same way tech companies act in the business world.

I guess im just :old: now in my way of thinking.

Nah you just being honest. Some others are seeing it from an emotional pov

blockboy504

LSU Tigers
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Dallas
yes, because this album......with the buzz of a highly publicized trial, and released after multi-million bidding war blew up huge

220px-Shyne_album.jpg
:gucci:You can’t even compare the buzz from the two :mjlol:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I sided with 50/Gunit back then during the beef but I don't blame Irv for having the position he had. If a nikka was running around dissing me trying to stop me from succeeding I'd blackball or shelve his ass too. 50 did the same thing to nikkas when he got in position. World to Styles P.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
:gucci:You can’t even compare the buzz from the two :mjlol:
I think a lot of people would disagree

the Shyne trial occurred when Puffy and J-lo were two of the most popular stars in the country.
267f727bcff793cb690cb188a42f0c36.jpg

It was covered nationally(and internationally) because of that, & made Shyne known to the audience who knew Puff and J-lo
, the silly big hat style that kids were wearing in that era was directly started AFTER Shyne was shown walking to and from court wearing his hat that way
102952-shyne_617_409.jpg

and when the record companies were scrambling to exploit his story sign him...Shyne got Pac-like coverage

shyne-7.jpg

The buzz was HUGE.....the full court press/media coverage was on.

shyt just flopped.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I sided with 50/Gunit back then during the beef but I don't blame Irv for having the position he had. If a nikka was running around dissing me trying to stop me from succeeding I'd blackball or shelve his ass too. 50 did the same thing to nikkas when he got in position. World to Styles P.
50 specifically told Styles he had nothing to do with the pushbacks and Styles said interscope had been having issues with him for records like "I'm black".

50 blocking Game on the other hand is different because Game was his artist and 50 has a legit right to punish him for disobedience as did others.