Irv Gotti Says Blackballing 50 Cent Wasn’t Smart & He Should’ve Enslaved Him In A Bad Record Deal

Peabo Bryson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always despised Irv's corny ass. Why he always try to make screwfaces and try to act like he was ever menacing? Hands down one of the corniest lames in the industry.

And fukk any stupid fakkit that try to say 50 was scared of him and his cronies. Always bringing up the "filing police protection" paperwork when a simple Google will reveal the real paperwork and you can see clearly that it was a DJ working in the studio that filed that shyt and not Curtis. Irv and them tried to use that shyt to discredit 50's street cred that one time on Hot97 and that's how the false rumor spread. 50 never filed no damn order of protection against fukking Irv Gotti and Ja Rule....please!

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
50 was hot in NY with the mixtapes so this is revisionist shyt

without dre and eminem 50 would have been 50 still.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Play fair with your enemies in life brehs. :snoop:

Im 34 years old. :old:. Trust me. Dont do that. Im assuming your young?

But think about it. Do you think 50 would try and do the same to irv if their roles were switched? Just life advice from some random coli poster. Take it or leave it.
31 here.

No of course not. I don't expect mercy from enemies or even loyalty from those who are close. I still think that acting with honor is more important than acting in a way other people would do to you. Elevate yourself above others by thinking and acting in a manner above them.

Your real enemies are not just people you don't like but people who want to hurt you, and threaten your life and freedom. Beat them and move on. If you couldn't beat them still move on.

Nobody is worth dedicating that type of negative energy and effort on.

This beef is the probably the most shameful, sad, and petty we have ever seen in history.

Daps
I do have to say I’m in the south and those first 3 g unit tapes were real hot down here. Cats even had the actual mix cds with the cover art and not just the burned CDRs too.

50 is the future (white and blue cover)
no mercy no fear (white and red cover)
And the other one had a white and green cover. Forgot the name.

You don’t get as big as 50 was without full regional cooperation

Daps
This is true. They paid the most for him like a free agent and gave him some crazy watch on top of it if I remember correctly.

Actually that’s incorrect the interscope deal wasn’t the biggest one. 50 was on record as saying this. I want to say one of the highest bidders was Def Jam

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
50's enemies are still stupid.

He's presenting them with a golden opportunity. He's a homophobe and a bigot. All you have to do is tag that shyt he's saying about Young Buck and @ the executives at ABC, Starz, and every company 50's working with. Ask them if they're ok with working with a guy who talks about "trannies". Watch what happens.

They're still talking about what they'd do in 1999.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Gotti is everything he says 50 is....fooling people into thinking hes a tough guy or something hes not..thats exactly what Irv is...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I've always despised Irv's corny ass. Why he always try to make screwfaces and try to act like he was ever menacing? Hands down one of the corniest lames in the industry.

And fukk any stupid fakkit that try to say 50 was scared of him and his cronies. Always bringing up the "filing police protection" paperwork when a simple Google will reveal the real paperwork and you can see clearly that it was a DJ working in the studio that filed that shyt and not Curtis. Irv and them tried to use that shyt to discredit 50's street cred that one time on Hot97 and that's how the false rumor spread. 50 never filed no damn order of protection against fukking Irv Gotti and Ja Rule....please!

Everything he says is a damn lie or fabrication,everybody knows he got touched up in the studio way way back....hes a bunny rabbit and all his toughness comes from behind mcgriff...

LandlordBrasii

PRESIDENT OF LWO!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do have to say I’m in the south and those first 3 g unit tapes were real hot down here. Cats even had the actual mix cds with the cover art and not just the burned CDRs too.

50 is the future (white and blue cover)
no mercy no fear (white and red cover)
And the other one had a white and green cover. Forgot the name.
Don't forget Guess Whos Back? Still remember when big bro brought that home in 02:wow:

MI0002495208.jpg

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
You don’t get as big as 50 was without full regional cooperation
That's a fair point but just for the sake of conversation, the new millennium did sort of usher in a time where you could bypass the regional cooperation thing.

I understand they were never mainstream but I used to work for Little Brother and they actually got all the way to a major label deal on Atlantic with almost zero love from North Carolina. Once they finally did get a major label deal then suddenly NC radio tried to act like they had supported when they knew damn well they never played shyt and never cared at all.

I do know it was and maybe still is a different beast in New York though

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I hate Eminem, & I don't particular care for Dr.Dre these days....but to say 50 would've garnered the success he has w/o them is laughable, at best he would've did Fab/Jadakiss numbers, & that's best case scenario.

I think you might be selling him just a little bit short. To be clear up front, I don't think he would've had nearly the success he had without Em, Dre, and that whole Interscopt machine behind him. But he did have a skill that Fab nor Jada ever had, and that was his hook making abilities. That was a big selling point for him. He even extended that sing-songy type flow to verses (like High All the Time for example) and that trait made him more marketable than most of his peers in that lane.

And also to be fair to Jada and Fab, they did some big numbers in their primes as well (they've each gone platinum at least once right?) so maybe we're on the same page.

Don't forget Guess Whos Back? Still remember when big bro brought that home in 02:wow:

MI0002495208.jpg
No doubt. This was fire. It wasn't as big everywhere when it came out as those first 3 G-Unit tapes though. This has classics on it though an I might listen to it today.

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you might be selling him just a little bit short. To be clear up front, I don't think he would've had nearly the success he had without Em, Dre, and that whole Interscopt machine behind him. But he did have a skill that Fab nor Jada ever had, and that was his hook making abilities. That was a big selling point for him. He even extended that sing-songy type flow to verses (like High All the Time for example) and that trait made him more marketable than most of his peers in that lane.

And also to be fair to Jada and Fab, they did some big numbers in their primes as well (they've each gone platinum at least once right?) so maybe we're on the same page.

No doubt. This was fire. It wasn't as big everywhere when it came out as those first 3 G-Unit tapes though. This has classics on it though an I might listen to it today.

That Guess Who’s Back album sold 450k copies in 2002 before Interscope shut that down