Irv Gotti and Ja Rule on The Breakfast Club

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
u nikkas are dumb.... rap is a job.. if you're successful at your job u get more money.... nikka made a half a billion from his JOBB.... legacy is debatable money isn't

he sold more records in that time period than 99% of artists will through there entire careers, how is that a loss?

1. i never said it was a loss.... i said both had their runs, you can respect both, without hating.

2. 50 made most of his money through business, not music.

3. Nelly sold just as much as 50, but both are irrelevant and their music has no replay value.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
LMMFAO at this entire thread. Ja Rule was shytted on on nearly every message board back in the day for making the female targeted Singles he made. Ja's run was incredible...

Now it's years laters & cats are really looking back finally appreciating his music...

*THIS* is why nobody gives a fukk what people on the internet think...
Exactly. There's a lot of revisionist history going on here. Ja Rule in his day was one of the most polarizing figure in hiphop. He was hated by damn near everyone except the bytches. That's one of the main reasons why it was so easy for 50 Cent to take him out. nikkas hated Ja because he made too many songs for the bytches. nikkas also hated Ja cause he was mean mugging all the damn time. nikkas hated Ja for every reason you can think of. I didn't fukk with Ja Rule's music because I always hated his voice and thought he was trash and thought VVV was a terrible album.
Old NY heads like myself can vividly remember the street promotion of VVV. It was one of the most creative one's I've witnessed.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
:blessed: @ this thread backfiring .

I was glad 50 ruined this bytch nikka's career back in 2003 and ten years later, I'm STILL glad he did. Him and Herb Gotti were getting too reckless trying to act like killas while cranking out bubblegum duets of nonsense.

Outside of the internet, there's now a generation that's never heard of these guys. They're done.

DEAL WITH IT.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
1. i never said it was a loss.... i said both had their runs, you can respect both, without hating.

2. 50 made most of his money through business, not music.

3. Nelly sold just as much as 50, but both are irrelevant and their music has no replay value.
grodt and g-unit radios replay value >

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Good interview. I heard Rule's new song, it's pretty cool. I hope they get back and do their thing. I like Rules first 2 albums but he started getting a lil TOO commercial and soft to be acting hard. People hate on Drake but 1.) Drake don't act hard he just acts like himself. Somedays he might feel aggressive to a certain subject and handle his. Just because you sing RnB doesn't mean you soft (ask Trey). 2.) Drake always been singing, and 3.) Drake can flow and make good songs.

But Murder Inc. was pimping the game back then with they soft music so it's all good. I was on the 50 buzz back when he first dropped but was over it after his 2nd album. Only reason I didn't like Rule was because he tried to go at X, Busta, Em, etc., and I'm like you doing too much.

good interview though. Even with Gotti's extra-acting ass. It was still cool

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Find a cornier song anywhere than this that Ja...or any supposed "soft" artist has

Find a cornier image if anything rap related than a big black, buck toothed nikka with no shirt soft shoeing around saying " I'll take you to the candy shop...I'll let you lick the lollipop"...

LOL at nikkas on here trying to act like 50 cent didn't just straight brainwash people into liking him and not liking Ja...

What is funny is that Ja had plenty of hit's that were not based around female's at all...

Holla Holla, Who many wanna, I cry, Living it up, the pledge...all radio hits that were not lovey dovey soft songs...so i don't get why people try to make it seem like Ja only made those records...

6 feet underground...only begotten son...race against time 1 and 2...all quality hop hop songs none of them soft...

I swear nikkas try to hop in the delorean and rewrite history on some "we never like Ja back then"...yet he was on the cover of every magazine...he was all on the radio...he was on BET every other week...his video was number 1 everywhere...he was doing movies... his albums were platinum...his music was everywhere...you hear put it on me on the radio...and you hear 6 feet underground blaring out of somebody bedroom...somehow he was doing all this...but nobody liked his music and couldn't wait for him to fall off

Cuz bytches fuked wit em heavy,its quite simple....Ja Rule was a "for the bytches" rapper...don't get me wrong some nikkas fuked wit em too,but let's not sit here and act like he had the streets on lock:comeon:....and u won't get no argument from me about Candy Shop bein as cheesy as them Ja songs...but 50 had sang on plenty songs like "After My Cheddar" crooning his azz off:russ:...but the content wuz tough:ohlawd:...Candy shop was simply corny and he started losin folks around this time so I don't see how folks can say he got off the hook.

And let's be honest here,as a rapper Ja was nothing to write home about....his singles was big bcuz they appealed to woman,but I don't think anybody gave a damn about this nikka as a rapper and his bars...dude was extra average with no quotables...but he was a hitmaker who made songs nikkas could fuk wit every now and then....don't mean we rocked with that boy as a rapper,Nelly made songs nikkas fuked wit too:manny:..After Venni Vetta Vecci it was downhill.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This shyt is hilarious...cat's are really acting like they never fukked with Ja Rule back then :russ::russ::russ:

Like...I don't understand why...nobody is dissing you for letting 50 cent tell you to not like a guy and then you listen to him...everybody gets hoodwinked...nothing to be ashamed off...:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

LOL at only women loved Ja Rule...:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:...lol at only women listening to ja rule...:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:...yeah ok...Fab is a dude who goes heavy for that woman market...how come he aint never blow up as big as Ja did? Fat Joe went after the woman market...How come he aint blow up like Ja did? Hel lthere were R&B groups catered to women who did not blow up as much as Ja did...

It's like nikkas done moved on and got a good job and got a fine wife and a nice house...and they out chilling with they new friends somewhere...and then here comes Ja back into they life looking all busted and shyt, waving them down and trying to get they attention, and they new friends are like "damn you know that chick? You know Ja? You used to fukk with her?" And nikkas is like "Nah, I aint never met her. I mean I met her....but it aint never been nothing between us I don't even know why she think she know me like that "...meanwhile if Ja sent out thank you notes to everyone who ever bought an album from him...it would be a lot of cats in this thread getting some mail on Tuesday...