Irv Gotti and Ja Rule on The Breakfast Club

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ja Rule had good #'s but look at someone like Nelly who else had great #'s and fell off on his own. Either way Ja Rule, and 50's sound and way of making music aren't the formula that mainstream is using right now. None of them will ever have similar success as they did in the past.

Plus these artists were broken in using radio, and radio doesn't break shyt these days.

50, Ja and Nelly best bet is singles now. But 50 just isn't connecting. 6 Years ago that Eminem and Adam Lavine would of went #1. The song had everything right for it to be a hit. But I agree with your point. This was 50's mistake, he though he would have the mainstream on lock longer than he did. It always goes in cycles.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
But 50 had been trying to break into mainstream music for years before GRODT...he had been dropped from previous record labels...so that is what happens to people who make hot music...they get dropped from their deals...?

50 started a beef with Ja...who at the time you could argue was on top of the rap game...and his record GRODT went on to sell a ton...

50 got into a beef with Fat Joe and the LOX and tried to take some shots at Nas...Joe had a decent career at the time...jada always been a favorite in any hood anywhere...and nas is nas his album tend to do pretty well even if he only releases 1 single...got into a beef with a dude in his own group..Game...who was at the time a top 5 hip hop act...and the Massacre sold a ton...

50 got into a beef with Kanye...who just brushed him off and paid him no mine...got into a beef with Camron...who has never really been big mainstream like that...Curtis and Before I self Destruct did okay...but by his old standards were straight up flops...dude went from selling around 10 million albums to barely selling a million...i don't see how going from 10 to 1 of anything is not a fall off...

Now nobody will beef with 50, cause nobody pays him any attention...and now that nobody beefs with him...every single dude puts out bricks like shyt...everything...has he had 1 number 1 record since his beef days...

It's crazy that people try to say 50 was hot and made good music and all of this...when GRODT was far from his first album...dude had been in the game for a minute...50 blew up because hip hop fans in general are fickle and dumb and listen to music based off what other people tell them rather than what they think sounds good...50 blew up because Dre was producing his album and Dre was saying "50 is hot" and so everybody who is a fan of Dre production was just like "I guess 50 is hot"...50 blew up because Eminem signed him and Eminem said "50 is hot" and every white kid in America that listened to Eminem...which was basically every white kid in America at the time said "Eminiem just signed him so he must be hot"...50 blew up cause he started a beef with Ja rule and since he had that massive Dre push, that massive Eminiem push, that massive Interscrope push, no one wanted to come against that and upset the powers that be, and everyone just went along with it and said "yeah Ja rule sucks"...it is funny that as Dre moves on to other projects, and Em drug use finally makes him fall back for a bit, and no other rapper really reached the heights that ja rule did for 50 to beef with, his popularity in music went down...down...down...to the point that he can't even release an album...

And actually...if you think about it...low key Wayne and Ross really killed his music career...cause 50 was trying to beef with Wayne...and Wayne was like nah that dude aint worth my time...kinda like Ja did...but this time for whatever reason nobody in the industry would side with 50 to push against Wayne...and Wayne is a much lamer indiividual than Ja...Ja aint never tried to be no teenage skateboarder in his 30s...Ja aint never try to make no rock album...Ja aint never pranced around in womens leggins, Ja aint never became a blood overnight...so 50 just came off looking like an idiot...and then Ross went at him out of nowhere...and 50 put quite a bit of energy into dissing ross...exposing his past...having people show up at Khaled mom house and shyt...and nobody really gave a fukk...and right now Ross is easily bigger in music than 50 could ever hope to be at this point

:salute:

Funny thing is, Fif was literally the ONLY artists never to have a collaboration with Wayne. Literally. Even the underground rappers like Dead Prez and Tech N9ne have collabos with Weezy. While Fif stans try to push Wayne off as "that little nikka" when he had the mainstream on lock from 2006 to 2011.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is hilarious...cat's are really acting like they never fukked with Ja Rule back then :russ::russ::russ:

Like...I don't understand why...nobody is dissing you for letting 50 cent tell you to not like a guy and then you listen to him...everybody gets hoodwinked...nothing to be ashamed off...:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

LOL at only women loved Ja Rule...:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:...lol at only women listening to ja rule...:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:...yeah ok...Fab is a dude who goes heavy for that woman market...how come he aint never blow up as big as Ja did? Fat Joe went after the woman market...How come he aint blow up like Ja did? Hel lthere were R&B groups catered to women who did not blow up as much as Ja did...

It's like nikkas done moved on and got a good job and got a fine wife and a nice house...and they out chilling with they new friends somewhere...and then here comes Ja back into they life looking all busted and shyt, waving them down and trying to get they attention, and they new friends are like "damn you know that chick? You know Ja? You used to fukk with her?" And nikkas is like "Nah, I aint never met her. I mean I met her....but it aint never been nothing between us I don't even know why she think she know me like that "...meanwhile if Ja sent out thank you notes to everyone who ever bought an album from him...it would be a lot of cats in this thread getting some mail on Tuesday...

Its a loss for Ja either way you look at it,if nikkas fuked wit em and are now scared to admit they fuk with you or ever fukked with you becuz of the stain and embarrasment they will feel:ohlawd:...its worse than what I thought,50 had nikkas turnin on Ja like Peter did Jesus...."do you'd fuk wit Ja?"...."nah I don't know that nikka:whoa:".....if folks willing to do that over MUSIC?that's a powerful statement on how embarrasing 50 made Ja out to be if nikkas is still denying they fuked wit Ja and ain't bein honest about it,its 10 yrs later and nikkas still won't say it:russ:? But even before the beef I don't remember dudes bein fans of Ja,so Ja mighta made himself embarrasing to claim before 50 was even heard of...nikkas lost for not keepin it real if they not,but Ja still lost too either way u slice it:manny:.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody feel that Irv tries too hard to be street? Talks like he's John Gotti himself. Every time he speaks he talks about beating the feds.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
nikka whatever goes up must come down. They had their run, let's just enjoy the fact they are going to put out music. I'm pretty sure neither Ja, Irv, and certainly 50 hurting forcash. Everyone won.

BullyG

Rookie
Daps
50, Ja and Nelly best bet is singles now. But 50 just isn't connecting. 6 Years ago that Eminem and Adam Lavine would of went #1. The song had everything right for it to be a hit. But I agree with your point. This was 50's mistake, he though he would have the mainstream on lock longer than he did. It always goes in cycles.
Yeah bro I remember when everyone thought Crunk Music was here to stay. Now that shyt is long dead and gone lmao. It always cycles shyt, 50 might have a shot in 5 yrs. Lol. Jay-z though was able to beat the cycles but he adapted to the game, and is more iconic then 50 is.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody feel that Irv tries too hard to be street? Talks like he's John Gotti himself. Every time he speaks he talks about beating the feds.

Ye I thought the same. In both interviews he kept saying real certified street nikkas fukk with us and all that shyt. Not knowing most people buy now know the deal with them and supreme. There was moment in the interview where they were talking about it and they looked at each other and you could tell they were lying. You can also tell its more irv than Ja. It's like watching dj Khaled and ace hood. Wish Ja all the best but still can't stand irv.

BullyG

Rookie
Daps
Ye I thought the same. In both interviews he kept saying real certified street nikkas fukk with us and all that shyt. Not knowing most people buy now know the deal with them and supreme. There was moment in the interview where they were talking about it and they looked at each other and you could tell they were lying. You can also tell its more irv than Ja. It's like watching dj Khaled and ace hood. Wish Ja all the best but still can't stand irv.
Irv is a loud mouth who doesn't think before he speaks, so he always gonna blurt out shyt that's exaggerated. They aren't worth shyt anymore, so Ja can't afford to make anymore enemies. If I was Ja Rule I would be pissed too. They was always aligned with people who was certified, but Irv is way too hype acting like he served the time and was holding it down. lmao

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got dudes in here typing up novels trying to :cape: for Ja Rule. shyt is hilarious.

It's fukking amazing what nostalgia will do to a breh. If dude was so great he'd still be around. Fif went at Fat Joe, Jada and Nas at the height of his popularity and they just kept trucking along. What's his excuse?

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
nikka whatever goes up must come down. They had their run, let's just enjoy the fact they are going to put out music. I'm pretty sure neither Ja, Irv, and certainly 50 hurting forcash. Everyone won.

I definitely doubt 50 hurting for cash out of all them. nikka hasn't been trying to do shyt relevant to rap/hip hop for years.

I like how Ja/Irv set themselves up financially during they run. Buying shyt that matters (Masters, Houses, property, etc) with cash instead of trying to do it all on credit. A lot of cats don't and didn't do shyt like that