Irv Gotti and Ja Rule on The Breakfast Club

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I mean 50 predicted same would happen to him if u watch that dvd that came wit grodt I remember he said he would get hot and fans would get sick of him and want the next guy...maybe now that the moment actually came it feels differet for em..

And 50 did 21 questions but he definitly wasn't cheesy like those Ja records let's be clear,folks rewriting history.....nobody thought Ja deserved to be where he was with those records...only reason the hate wuznt quite as strong as it is for Drake is becuz we had other nikkas just about equally at the forefront to take the sting out of having to see Ja and hear ja everywhere.

Find a cornier song anywhere than this that Ja...or any supposed "soft" artist has

Find a cornier image if anything rap related than a big black, buck toothed nikka with no shirt soft shoeing around saying " I'll take you to the candy shop...I'll let you lick the lollipop"...

LOL at nikkas on here trying to act like 50 cent didn't just straight brainwash people into liking him and not liking Ja...

What is funny is that Ja had plenty of hit's that were not based around female's at all...

Holla Holla, Who many wanna, I cry, Living it up, the pledge...all radio hits that were not lovey dovey soft songs...so i don't get why people try to make it seem like Ja only made those records...

6 feet underground...only begotten son...race against time 1 and 2...all quality hop hop songs none of them soft...

I swear nikkas try to hop in the delorean and rewrite history on some "we never like Ja back then"...yet he was on the cover of every magazine...he was all on the radio...he was on BET every other week...his video was number 1 everywhere...he was doing movies... his albums were platinum...his music was everywhere...you hear put it on me on the radio...and you hear 6 feet underground blaring out of somebody bedroom...somehow he was doing all this...but nobody liked his music and couldn't wait for him to fall off

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
But roller coaster and candy shop from Fif is cool right?

Exactly, dudes are still trying to spin 50 making those SAME records. Yes they were the same. How can 50 get a pass for this mess:

Also LOL @ people trying to spin 50 singing on records. Dude stay trying to sing.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
man yall sound like 50 haters.
The reason 50 came up the way he did was because people were feeling those G-Unit mixtapes, and GRODT was a classic album. Lets stop making shyt up.

and rule didnt make any fukking blueprint for female songs, just stop it. That award probably should go to someone like LL Cool J.
Just because Ja lost yall want to say Poor Ja Rule...meanwhile, they admitted in that interview they burned hella bridges and were shytting on people when they were on top. They did it to themselves.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
man yall sound like 50 haters.
The reason 50 came up the way he did was because people were feeling those G-Unit mixtapes, and GRODT was a classic album. Lets stop making shyt up.

and rule didnt make any fukking blueprint for female songs, just stop it. That award probably should go to someone like LL Cool J.
Just because Ja lost yall want to say Poor Ja Rule...meanwhile, they admitted in that interview they burned hella bridges and were shytting on people when they were on top. They did it to themselves.
:laff:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Ja. There are rappers that do the female tracks nowadays, but there are no real gangsta rappers on the mainstream now.
I meant that Ja gave the modern blueprint for chick songs that reports like Wiz and Drake use for today. Even Fif used it on the likes of 21 questions and candy shop.
U act like Ja Rule was the first nikka to make love songs:what:

LL Cool J set the blueprint for nikkas and 50 Cent said himself 21 Questions was inspired by him, and theres a big difference between hitting high notes on duets with Mary J Blidge/Lil Mo/Ashanti and harmonizing on choruses so u nikkas can miss me with the "50 cent stole Ja Rules style" shyt.. he was harmonizing in 1999 when he made Power of the Dollar

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Irv Gotti, Ja Rule, Murder Inc's Impact >> 50 Cent and G-Unit....... i dont care how many vitamin waters he sold... his reign was short and his music has no replay value
full
Ja Rule lasted from 1999-2003 and he wasnt even on top.. 50 Cent was on top from 2002-2007
full
50 Cent is responsible for at least 2 critically acclaimed classic albums that will be embedded in hip hop history forever.. Ja Rule will be remembered for having dope singles and getting "Ja Ruled"
full
Every member of his crew was going platinum at one point, how much did Mitsubishi Tah and Black Child sell?:mjpls:
full
50 Cent inspired some of the hottest young street rappers out there today, Schoolboy Q and Meek Mill.. find me one rapper that is relevant today who is on record saying Ja Rule is one of their inspirations to rap:lupe:

kariba

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do they address the 50/Em beef at all?

I ain't sitting through a 35-minute interview of Ja and Irv in 2013.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I meant that Ja gave the modern blueprint for chick songs that reports like Wiz and Drake use for today. Even Fif used it on the likes of 21 questions and candy shop.
I can't hate on that he did own that type of music and opened up that lane. The thing is he went full retard with it. That opened the door for 50 to merge his style with the pop style Ja went over board on. People like to forget that 03-06 50cent and Gunit where doing things no one from NY has ever done. 50 had a bigger impact on the game and can still look back and say he did it his way.

Popi

The Greatest GOAT
Daps
interesting note - Envy just let it out (or maybe it's common knowledge, I dunno) that Ross called DJ's asking them to hold him down during the 50 beef.

Yeah caught that too. Pretty smart move on his part...shows he took 50's threat to end his career seriously too.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Irv finally admits to blackballing 50 from signing to Atlantic, bit him in the ass because 50 returned the favor when he signed to Shady/Aftermath. Karma is real.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nigs really gon act like ja rule was nice and they was fans? shut up man, :lolbron:, that nikka been booty meat and still is. he had a lot of Grade A fire production tho, i'll give him that

production was good but keep it funky, only chicks was buying them albums and singles, wasn't no nikkas listening to no got damn ja rule, that's why it was so easy for 50 to destroy him... irv is a character, i always liked irv, seems like there's never a dull moment with that kid, but lets not rewrite history and act like the discussion was ever "yo, ja rule is the king of new york", :russ:, stop it. he was DMX for ladies, seems like a good dude tho, wouldn't mind seeing him win