Irv Gotti and Ja Rule on The Breakfast Club

BullyG

Rookie
Daps
I was a big ja fan. But that 50 blew up cuz of beef argument is bullshyt. Look at all the rappers who failed trying to mimic that formula. 50 cent had great music at that time, and ja fell off

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a big ja fan. But that 50 blew up cuz of beef argument is bullshyt. Look at all the rappers who failed trying to mimic that formula. 50 cent had great music at that time, and ja fell off

Because the formula got played out. And the beef wasn't manufactured.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But what I'm saying is the formula only works if you got hot music to back it up. Grodt would've blew with or without a ja rule beef
It would have blown up but the beef gave it that extra sizzle.

BullyG

Rookie
Daps
True. I give you that. It definitely made you more eager to hear the music. I hope 50 and ja can revive their careers though.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ja was always dope
never fell into the fukk ja rule movement
just didn't make any sense

grodt might be da most overrated classic album ever
the timing and marketing of it made it special, musically it is not a 5 mic album.

its still a solid album though

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Now people see the truth. Fif was the worst thing for commercial NY Hip Hop.

He was the best and worst thing. He was the best thing cause right after Hov, X and Ja, 50 came through hard and NY commercial dominance Post-Biggie was still in full effect and power. The Issue was 50 took that power and decided to go after NY emcees including Ja, Kiss, Lil Kim, Fat Joe, etc. This caused a lot of division in Hip Hop mecca commercially Ja career ended up stalling and he took most of the damage but NY Hip Hop was definitely hurt by 50's antics.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
But what I'm saying is the formula only works if you got hot music to back it up. Grodt would've blew with or without a ja rule beef
But 50 had been trying to break into mainstream music for years before GRODT...he had been dropped from previous record labels...so that is what happens to people who make hot music...they get dropped from their deals...?

50 started a beef with Ja...who at the time you could argue was on top of the rap game...and his record GRODT went on to sell a ton...

50 got into a beef with Fat Joe and the LOX and tried to take some shots at Nas...Joe had a decent career at the time...jada always been a favorite in any hood anywhere...and nas is nas his album tend to do pretty well even if he only releases 1 single...got into a beef with a dude in his own group..Game...who was at the time a top 5 hip hop act...and the Massacre sold a ton...

50 got into a beef with Kanye...who just brushed him off and paid him no mine...got into a beef with Camron...who has never really been big mainstream like that...Curtis and Before I self Destruct did okay...but by his old standards were straight up flops...dude went from selling around 10 million albums to barely selling a million...i don't see how going from 10 to 1 of anything is not a fall off...

Now nobody will beef with 50, cause nobody pays him any attention...and now that nobody beefs with him...every single dude puts out bricks like shyt...everything...has he had 1 number 1 record since his beef days...

It's crazy that people try to say 50 was hot and made good music and all of this...when GRODT was far from his first album...dude had been in the game for a minute...50 blew up because hip hop fans in general are fickle and dumb and listen to music based off what other people tell them rather than what they think sounds good...50 blew up because Dre was producing his album and Dre was saying "50 is hot" and so everybody who is a fan of Dre production was just like "I guess 50 is hot"...50 blew up because Eminem signed him and Eminem said "50 is hot" and every white kid in America that listened to Eminem...which was basically every white kid in America at the time said "Eminiem just signed him so he must be hot"...50 blew up cause he started a beef with Ja rule and since he had that massive Dre push, that massive Eminiem push, that massive Interscrope push, no one wanted to come against that and upset the powers that be, and everyone just went along with it and said "yeah Ja rule sucks"...it is funny that as Dre moves on to other projects, and Em drug use finally makes him fall back for a bit, and no other rapper really reached the heights that ja rule did for 50 to beef with, his popularity in music went down...down...down...to the point that he can't even release an album...

And actually...if you think about it...low key Wayne and Ross really killed his music career...cause 50 was trying to beef with Wayne...and Wayne was like nah that dude aint worth my time...kinda like Ja did...but this time for whatever reason nobody in the industry would side with 50 to push against Wayne...and Wayne is a much lamer indiividual than Ja...Ja aint never tried to be no teenage skateboarder in his 30s...Ja aint never try to make no rock album...Ja aint never pranced around in womens leggins, Ja aint never became a blood overnight...so 50 just came off looking like an idiot...and then Ross went at him out of nowhere...and 50 put quite a bit of energy into dissing ross...exposing his past...having people show up at Khaled mom house and shyt...and nobody really gave a fukk...and right now Ross is easily bigger in music than 50 could ever hope to be at this point

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nobody has to cape for Ja. I posted the numbers. He sold over 12 million albums world wide and millions of singles. Ja had a nice size fanbase period and the numbers proves this. 50 Had a huge spark and dropped dramatically. Ja Fanbase was a little more consistence during his overall run.

BullyG

Rookie
Daps
Ja Rule had good #'s but look at someone like Nelly who else had great #'s and fell off on his own. Either way Ja Rule, and 50's sound and way of making music aren't the formula that mainstream is using right now. None of them will ever have similar success as they did in the past.

Plus these artists were broken in using radio, and radio doesn't break shyt these days.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Ja Rule had good #'s but look at someone like Nelly who else had great #'s and fell off on his own. Either way Ja Rule, and 50's sound and way of making music aren't the formula that mainstream is using right now. None of them will ever have similar success as they did in the past.

Plus these artists were broken in using radio, and radio doesn't break shyt these days.
:ufdup:50 was broken in the streets, 4 certified classic mixtapes in a row that changed the game forever:noah: