I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I'm an African immigrant myself (Canada but still) and I agree with TS. The 'akata' thing and the desperate attempts to prove they're not African-American is really and truly some house ****** behaviour. Maintaining your identity is fine but why are so many desperate to PROVE they're "better" than AA's :what:?

It all comes from a need to impress WHITE PEOPLE. By publicly disassociating with AA's they come across as "good blacks".

:whoa: "We're not like those blacks, massa. Trust, we actually work hard and take advantage of the countless opportunities you've blessed the coloured race with."

That being said it really does go both ways (I saw so much BS when I lived in Michigan). AA can be unbelievably anti-African. A lot of AA seem to believe we're uncivilized tree climbing animals and think of Africa as a country. And I know for a fact many American blacks consider "African features" ugly and blame all Africans for the slave trade.

We're all black in the end though. No need for this divide and conquer shyt.

that 'akata' shyt my parents used to spew about my AA friends when I was younger used to always annoy me.

At the same time I've had AAs who have told me I'm not really black :what:

The whole divide is just :wow:
tumblr_ljtn2siCY01qixleeo1_250.gif

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
please explain how what I said isnt true...this thread happens every week, but ill keep saying it.
In 2013 there is no reason for your life to be shyt...fukk ups are fukk ups because they are brain dead. Its that simple.
Only people that give African American losers passes are other African Americans because "history did it to us"...the sooner we learn nobody else gives a fukk the better off well be.

Interesting points. I'm just saying, why can't Africans do the same on their own continent? Why do they even need to come over here then?

ChiefQueen

HBIC
Daps
We have uneducated trash like Thoushallhustle calling Africans 'dirty, booty scratchers' and BrotherZay making fun of poor, orphans in tv commercials and you wonder why Africans don't respect AAs. :comeon: You get in return what you put out.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
in all honesty, being an African myself. living in Toronto, and having lived in the states...I have never really seen africans TRYING to seperate themselves from AAs

I have though, seen the war between west indians and africans. west indians not wanting to claim africa, and africans not wanting to be mistaken for ratchet Jamaicans.

as far as the war between AA's and Africans, all ive seen im my experience, is hate from AA's.

so this thread seems backwards to me, but then again, thats just my experiences.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
first off let me say that i love my africans, and it would be real cool if africans actually reached out to us and at least gave a nikka an adopted tribe! each country adopt a region and embrace the african americans of that region as brothers. i think it would help black awareness and overall pride. dual citizenship, the whole shibang.

now look, weve been here in this country for 400 years. you all have been here like 40 at the most, thats like watching scarface and only seeing the last 5 minutes. you are black, because you are prone to the racism today but you do not know of the struggles endured. and a lot of the struggles endured still have effects today, so a lot of consequences still linger. for one, most do not realize how serious the justice department and public safety _police, jails etc_ are taken here. we are targeted still, not only because of our skin, but because of past problems that have never gone away, only morphed into a situation fit for today.

now africans; how you gonna come in my house and get mad that i dont eat eggs? never mind the house youve made, the right to respect your existance in itself, and the fact that you here in MY shyt in the first place. you mad at me because i dont use my eggs to make omelettes. not realizing that i simply use my eggs in different ways that you may not observe.

the point is, stop judging. you do not know enough about me to judge, and if you did know, i hope you are mature enough to reserve that right for God. as a young black man that is highly educated and rejects the conventional definition of a black man, smart or unsmart, i have enough boogie african americans judging me to worry about what the fukk yall feel. just be cool with me and ill be cool with you.

when you talk about how things are done in your country, you try to make us sound shytty. but we do the same when we talk of certain things. :ahh:

lets get past it
#panafrica

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I've witnessed this second hand, mostly from African parents(my parents aren't like this though). Some of these West and East Africans try so hard to disassociate themselves from black Americans. That's fine, but they have to remember, if wasn't for Aframs, they we wouldn't have nearly the amount of opportunities we have now in the states. Especially in the south. It's funny alot of them come over here and start thinking their better in terms of accomplishments, but lets be perfectly honest, that's not even close to the case. Aframs have strided more in this country than most black majority country barring Bermuda. Should we really have to go there?:usure:
And don't even bring up the excuse their brainwashed from the stereotype about them black Americans being lazy or violent because African immigrants are negatively stereotyped much more than African Americans in countries in Europe, Middle East and North Africa.
:ufdup:
The same applies to all you West Indian immigrants who have this attitude. This isn't a _____ vs _____ thread, so I don't want y'all coming in here and changing the subject.

:lawd: My son grandmother is from Trinidad and she always carried this type of attitude..

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
first off let me say that i love my africans, and it would be real cool if africans actually reached out to us and at least gave a nikka an adopted tribe! each country adopt a region and embrace the african americans of that region as brothers. i think it would help black awareness and overall pride. dual citizenship, the whole shibang.

now look, weve been here in this country for 400 years. you all have been here like 40 at the most, thats like watching scarface and only seeing the last 5 minutes. you are black, because you are prone to the racism today but you do not know of the struggles endured. and a lot of the struggles endured still have effects today, so a lot of consequences still linger. for one, most do not realize how serious the justice department and public safety _police, jails etc_ are taken here. we are targeted still, not only because of our skin, but because of past problems that have never gone away, only morphed into a situation fit for today.

now africans; how you gonna come in my house and get mad that i dont eat eggs? never mind the house youve made, the right to respect your existance in itself, and the fact that you here in MY shyt in the first place. you mad at me because i dont use my eggs to make omelettes. not realizing that i simply use my eggs in different ways that you may not observe.

the point is, stop judging. you do not know enough about me to judge, and if you did know, i hope you are mature enough to reserve that right for God. as a young black man that is highly educated and rejects the conventional definition of a black man, smart or unsmart, i have enough boogie african americans judging me to worry about what the fukk yall feel. just be cool with me and ill be cool with you.

when you talk about how things are done in your country, you try to make us sound shytty. but we do the same when we talk of certain things. :ahh:

lets get past it
#panafrica

:ANYWORD:

:ohlawd:

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward

lets get past it
#panafrica

This might be the realest shyt you ever wrote :ohhh: + rep and all that breh :myman:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Fed nothing but images of kids in Africa starving and having AIDS, American born blacks thus distance themselves from African born blacks.

Only thing that's shown about American born blacks is that their no good gang banger who revel in their ignorance, :mjpls: is in full effect for African born blacks

Demonic system at work :wow2:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yet you same people will still dikkride Africa and try to claim it. :heh:

Nobody is trying to claim anything, but the truth about it's history, and it's role in the world. Not the continent as it is now, per say. shyt the people there don't know the history of their land like that. White racism has effected everyone, including the Africans living there now.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
AAs dont really have beef with Jamaicans down here... But you can tell a lot of Jamaicans low key have a problem with AAs.

AA's and Haitians though :whoa: There are some serious problems there.

The Haitians need to start bussin these nikka heads.