I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
in all honesty, being an African myself. living in Toronto, and having lived in the states...I have never really seen africans TRYING to seperate themselves from AAs

I have though, seen the war between west indians and africans. west indians not wanting to claim africa, and africans not wanting to be mistaken for ratchet Jamaicans.

as far as the war between AA's and Africans, all ive seen im my experience, is hate from AA's.

so this thread seems backwards to me, but then again, thats just my experiences.

Yup Im Jamaican and a lot of Jamaicans consider it to be an insult to be mistaken for an african.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
first off let me say that i love my africans, and it would be real cool if africans actually reached out to us and at least gave a nikka an adopted tribe! each country adopt a region and embrace the african americans of that region as brothers. i think it would help black awareness and overall pride. dual citizenship, the whole shibang.

now look, weve been here in this country for 400 years. you all have been here like 40 at the most, thats like watching scarface and only seeing the last 5 minutes. you are black, because you are prone to the racism today but you do not know of the struggles endured. and a lot of the struggles endured still have effects today, so a lot of consequences still linger. for one, most do not realize how serious the justice department and public safety _police, jails etc_ are taken here. we are targeted still, not only because of our skin, but because of past problems that have never gone away, only morphed into a situation fit for today.

now africans; how you gonna come in my house and get mad that i dont eat eggs? never mind the house youve made, the right to respect your existance in itself, and the fact that you here in MY shyt in the first place. you mad at me because i dont use my eggs to make omelettes. not realizing that i simply use my eggs in different ways that you may not observe.

the point is, stop judging. you do not know enough about me to judge, and if you did know, i hope you are mature enough to reserve that right for God. as a young black man that is highly educated and rejects the conventional definition of a black man, smart or unsmart, i have enough boogie african americans judging me to worry about what the fukk yall feel. just be cool with me and ill be cool with you.

when you talk about how things are done in your country, you try to make us sound shytty. but we do the same when we talk of certain things. :ahh:

lets get past it
#panafrica

The+Rock+Clapping.gif

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another woah is me thread. fukk outta here with the crying.

So you don't mind when AA don't care about your struggle in Haiti or any other place some blacks came from that was hard to live?.

If you don't care then, I can respect that. If you do care then quit the bullshyt.

I could never understand why foreigners would always talk like you stated, then expect U.S. citizens to feel a certain way about their hardships in their country, or expect you to care, about how good life is over there. That is what I mostly heard. " ______ is so much better then here, I can't wait to go back home" Meanwhile, only a couple that I know of went back. They stayed living here like everyone else.

I think it's just a people thing, because a lot of New yorkers do the same shyt when they move to the south.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
U gotta ignore those ignorant ones. It's usually the older Africans/West Indians from my experience. The children who are born here or raised around Black Americans know we ain't all the stereotypes. It's funny cause it really depends, u can go to Africa and get a lot of love from them cause some of them look up to Black Americans. It is funny how some come over here and reap all the benefits of Black American's work then got the nerve to think they better lol.

:usure:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm an African immigrant myself (Canada but still) and I agree with TS. The 'akata' thing and the desperate attempts to prove they're not African-American is really and truly some house ****** behaviour. Maintaining your identity is fine but why are so many desperate to PROVE they're "better" than AA's :what:?

It all comes from a need to impress WHITE PEOPLE. By publicly disassociating with AA's they come across as "good blacks".

:whoa: "We're not like those blacks, massa. Trust, we actually work hard and take advantage of the countless opportunities you've blessed the coloured race with."

That being said it really does go both ways (I saw so much BS when I lived in Michigan). AA can be unbelievably anti-African. A lot of AA seem to believe we're uncivilized tree climbing animals and think of Africa as a country. And I know for a fact many American blacks consider "African features" ugly and blame all Africans for the slave trade.

We're all black in the end though. No need for this divide and conquer shyt.

Pretty much sums everything up . The tension, for lack of a better term, is both ways

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Yup Im Jamaican and a lot of Jamaicans consider it to be an insult to be mistaken for an african.

Yeah. And ive even had friends like that..:yeshrug:

If someone asks them if there african they give this response like :whoa:

I dont really get it..i mean were successful people all in all...obamas african, and alot of other africans come here and do well for themselves. In school business whatever. So i never understood why you wouldnt want to be associated with that. Unless there thinking national geographic africa..which is ignorant considering ive been to jamaica and its pretty much the same..and beyond that theres actually alot of rich places in africa

Now as far as africans beef with iamaicans its mainy that we sense jamaicans look down on us...so its like you dont fuk with us, we dont fuk with you kind of thing....but not only that. They feel like alot of the crimes esp in toronto when its black people its jamaicans..so to mistake us for jamaicans they feel is an insult.

Not saying i agree...im jus sayin where the hostility comes from.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We have uneducated trash like Thoushallhustle calling Africans 'dirty, booty scratchers' and BrotherZay making fun of poor, orphans in tv commercials and you wonder why Africans don't respect AAs. :comeon: You get in return what you put out.

That bytch is a professional whore tho :pachaha:

she's probably to busy scratching her burning cookie:smugbiden:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Topic reminds me of a Paul mooney skit about how Africans abandoned us when we were taken to the US. :dead:

About how Africans wrote us off like a bad check. :ohhh:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Yeah. And ive even had friends like that..:yeshrug:

If someone asks them if there african they give this response like :whoa:

I dont really get it..i mean were successful people all in all...obamas african, and alot of other africans come here and do well for themselves. In school business whatever. So i never understood why you wouldnt want to be associated with that. Unless there thinking national geographic africa..which is ignorant considering ive been to jamaica and its pretty much the same..and beyond that theres actually alot of rich places in africa

Now as far as africans beef with iamaicans its mainy that we sense jamaicans look down on us...so its like you dont fuk with us, we dont fuk with you kind of thing....but not only that. They feel like alot of the crimes esp in toronto when its black people its jamaicans..so to mistake us for jamaicans they feel is an insult.

Not saying i agree...im jus sayin where the hostility comes from.

I'm not sure what it is but for the most part we physically look different. I think when some Jamaicans get offended if you say they look African, I think they are kind of c00nin in a way. LIke when Rockstar mom refused to accept that she was dark skinned.

And Im not sure if most people who commit crimes are Jamacian but most people assume any black person with a non african name is Jamacian. I've been seeing a lot of Somalians on the news. I rarely see west Africans on the news though. I live downtown so most of us black folk stick together.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
My best friend is an African Immigrant so I cant co sign this thread. :manny:

Good people.

I've never run into any of this with the African Immigrants & I run into different classes of them. They all been cool with me. :yeshrug:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
I'm not sure what it is but for the most part we physically look different. I think when some Jamaicans get offended if you say they look African, I think they are kind of c00nin in a way. LIke when Rockstar mom refused to accept that she was dark skinned.

And Im not sure if most people who commit crimes are Jamacian but most people assume any black person with a non african name is Jamacian I've been seeing a lot of Somalians on the news. I rarely see west Africans on the news though. I live downtown so most of us black folk stick together.

Yeah that's true. And even being black in general gets alot of black people mistaken for jamaican.. It's like they assume your jamaican because your black.

for the record im not saying all the crimes are by jamaicans ...

im saying a lot of africans BELIEVE its mostly jamaicans. So its sort of become the perception..its like "these guys are always on the news and im an outstanding citizen, how dare you mistake me for those trouble makers"

Thats how some africans feel..motly the older ones though.

But like you said, where all black. Whether AA, african..west indian etc.