I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Yup, both of you are right. I hear that shyt from the ppl on my moms side all the time. And the ppl on my fathers side always talk about how lazy AA's are ect :smh:

:whew: Thank god I spent most of my childhood living over seas because thats where I developed a respect for black ppl no mater where they were from. Me and my pops would be out playing Bball or throwing the football around and we would see another black dude and instantly stop and give him the :obama: :salute: it was all love... I use to watch louis farrakhan, malcom x, martin luther king, Angela Davis, stokely carmichael speeches with my pops and all..

Man I came back to the states and :wow: I had to change my whole attitude. My pops was stationed in Iran and I went to live with my Grandma in miami and ppl were talkin shyt sayin I sound white :wtf: I had like a million cousins so no one really fukked with me but that was my first exposure to black ppl hating each other. Haitians and AA hate each other. Jamaicans and Haitians hate each other. Jamaicans and AA hate each other im looking aroung like :why:

Jamaicans and AAs get along in the East

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
the thing is, I've never heard of an African-American telling their kids to distance themselves from forum black folks. I've never heard "stupid african" or "dirty African". I've heard African booty scratcher, I don't like that phrase, but I've only heard middle schoolers saying that. You have to realize that kids are mean as shyt. But I've never witnessed or heard stories of AA disassociating themselves from Africans because of where they're from. In fact one of the main issues going around is that AA are accepting of anybody.

I'm not sure what you want me to do. Do you want me to go spit on myself?:what:

that's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean I'm pulling the shyt out of my ass.

regardless, it's a shame. we're all black

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I've been around African women who have bashed black american women, but at the same time it goes both ways. I've heard American blacks say some disparaging things about Africans.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
The amount of times I've heard "why don't you go back to your fukking country then? this is america" from an AA directed towards an African, or african "booty scratcher" when nikkas was kids.

OP can go :pacspit: himself telling one side of the story and shyt :comeon:
Exactly. AAs call Afro-Caribbean people coconuts, make fun of their accents etc. Some even tell them that they aren't black. :heh:

OP isn't even an African-American. Dude is a c00n. :manny:

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life
Exactly. AAs call Afro-Caribbean people coconuts, make fun of their accents etc. Some even tell them that they aren't black. :heh:

Coconut is the equivalent to a BAMA to me ....

I'd call my cuz and be like..you fuccing coconut..that shyt is stupid funny to us.. :russ: .... Never felt insulted being called a coconut..even if it was intended to be a insult....

When will black ppl understand...ALL THIS HATE....is caused by WHITE PEOPLE...we need to stop blaming ourselves..understand who caused this...and do better with each others help

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In fairness, from what I have seen
A lot of Northern/Western Whites don't fukk with Southern Whites and vice versa
Some Latino groups seem to have beef with each other
Cities and rural/suburbs sometimes clash when they come into contact with each
people just like to beef for no reason

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
In fairness, from what I have seen
A lot of Northern/Western Whites don't fukk with Southern Whites and vice versa
Some Latino groups seem to have beef with each other
Cities and rural/suburbs sometimes clash when they come into contact with each
people just like to beef for no reason

:ohhh: Never thought about it that way

Fair point :ehh:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
the thing is, I've never heard of an African-American telling their kids to distance themselves from forum black folks. I've never heard "stupid african" or "dirty African". I've heard African booty scratcher, I don't like that phrase, but I've only heard middle schoolers saying that. You have to realize that kids are mean as shyt. But I've never witnessed or heard stories of AA disassociating themselves from Africans because of where they're from.

:shaq2: Then you should get out more. Maybe it's cause I live in the DMV which has the largest african community in the US, but I've witnessed this story countless times.

as Im pumping gas in my car,

*AA rolls up to the gas station to get a blunt*

Attendant (fresh off the boat): :flabbynsick: yes how can I help you
AA: :hmm: yea jus lemme get a honey dutch
Attendant: I'm sorry can you please repeat that? what is it?
AA: nikka I said a honey dutch right there *points real quick*
*Attendant mistakingly picks the apple flavor*
AA: :angry: fukk is wrong with you nikka? I said HONEY DUTCH. You aint hear what I said? you need to learn english or go back to your motherfvckin country
Attendant: :eek: :whoa: :flabbynsick: sorry sir, sorry sir

In fact one of the main issues going around is that AA are accepting of anybody.

:pachaha: I know you truly don't believe that either when homophobia is still very rampant amongst the black community

TJ Hend

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
I won't bullshyt and say and act like everything is cool, I grew up to immigrants and know the resent some have for AAs. Some have have valid reasons but sometimes they will do it just to act superior. Yes I know it's retarded but some just tend to do it. No one should group people in a box.

what are those valid reason for immigrants to have hate toward AA's? because we mess it up for you? because white people stereotype you? because white people dont like you? :dry::dry::dry::dry::dry:

is it because we have native/european blood and we are not African?

i was raised and i was taught that there are no valid reasons to hate

But what I don't agree with you is on trying to be a sub African american community, must of us have are own communities (eg, nigerian, ethiopian or Ghanaian ). Most of the time I went to parties or community programs it was with others within our community.

ok but a lot of the "Nigerians", "Ethiopians" i know are actually Americans...

and they're their own communities only because they have issues with African American culture....they think AA culture is insufficient

so everything they do is out of hate or because they dont like something

i know a group of Nigerians that dont want anything to do with anyone, AA's, whites, Asians. all they do is get together and whine and complain, instead of being apart of the black american experience they just sit on the sidelines and complain about every little thing, and thats where the issue is bruh, some Africans want the benefits from the AA community but dont wanna be apart of the experience, thats fukked up

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

coming from you of all people, I think I'll be able to sleep at night.:heh:

This thread doesn't even have anything to do with you. You don't even consider yourself black
And no shyt fakkit, I've already said I'm African, which means I'm able to speak on this matter more than you. The holier than thou attitude is far more in the african community.This is black people issue, get your confused high yellow ass out of my thread.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Jamaicans and AAs get along in the East

U mean east coast right?..ok..this may be true..but they give us WAY more shade than the other way around...I grew up around majority afro caribbean people...and some of em even go as far as to say they aint black..."im not black...im trinidadian"..."im not black...im Jamaican"..."im not black..im dominican"...etc etc...alotta Haitians can make u feel more like a ****** than any white person if u AA...be around a carribean and know how to dance...its "u must have some jamaican or somethin in ya family"...my nikka I done seen it all...so while we get along..a lot of them have this sense of superiority. ..especially if u meet they older family members n shyt...and im born..raised and currently still live in NY....

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
what are those valid reason for immigrants to have hate toward AA's? because we mess it up for you? because white people stereotype you? because white people dont like you? :dry::dry::dry::dry::dry:

is it because we have native/european blood and we are not African?

i was raised and i was taught that there are no valid reasons to hate

ok but a lot of the "Nigerians", "Ethiopians" i know are actually Americans...

and they're their own communities only because they have issues with African American culture....they think AA culture is insufficient

so everything they do is out of hate or because they dont like something

i know a group of Nigerians that dont want anything to do with anyone, AA's, whites, Asians. all they do is get together and whine and complain, instead of being apart of the black american experience they just sit on the sidelines and complain about every little thing, and thats where the issue is bruh, some Africans want the benefits from thr AA community but dont wanna be apart of the experience
The valid reasons where for individuals who might run into AAs who were ignorant. Also not hate but to dislike them. I don't stereotype whole groups of people.
It's not mostly that they have issue with AA culture it's because we have our own. You experience is going to be different from theirs because they are either immigrants or children of them. All black people are not the same and don't have to act like it.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm an African immigrant myself (Canada but still) and I agree with TS. The 'akata' thing and the desperate attempts to prove they're not African-American is really and truly some house ****** behaviour. Maintaining your identity is fine but why are so many desperate to PROVE they're "better" than AA's :what:?

It all comes from a need to impress WHITE PEOPLE. By publicly disassociating with AA's they come across as "good blacks".

:whoa: "We're not like those blacks, massa. Trust, we actually work hard and take advantage of the countless opportunities you've blessed the coloured race with."

That being said it really does go both ways (I saw so much BS when I lived in Michigan). AA can be unbelievably anti-African. A lot of AA seem to believe we're uncivilized tree climbing animals and think of Africa as a country. And I know for a fact many American blacks consider "African features" ugly and blame all Africans for the slave trade.

We're all black in the end though. No need for this divide and conquer shyt.