I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
If it's the same in the US as in Europe, a lot of African immigrants tend to come from the more well-off parts of societies back home, usually where education is very highly regarded, as well as "acting right"...a lot then look down on Black people in Europe, looking at them as "spoiled" and "lazy" because some are depending on welfare, not respecting their elders, not taking full advantage of the available opportunities, focusing on material bs, boys acting a fool, girls going out too much and all that...a lot are quite conservative so Western way of life is not seen as the best thing...so this foul attitude may well come from a social divide. Plus unfortunately the image of Americans in general and Black Americans in the media, movies, music etc. is not that positive (they see the Chief Keef videos too), so that's where it may come from.

Hopefully it's only prejudices and they get over it, it makes no sense to move somewhere and act "better" than the people in that country, wherever it may be.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
be honest man, do most African Americans give them any reason to respect us?
They come from a place where there is NO opportunity, and come here and see a bunch of whiny lazy people. Its only natural for them to feel a certain way.

And when you say they wouldnt have any freedoms if it wasnt for Us, who are you referring to? because the generation that went through most of that is either really old, or dead.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They come from a place where there is NO opportunity, and come here and see a bunch of whiny lazy people. Its only natural for them to feel a certain way.

And when you say they wouldnt have any freedoms if it wasnt for Us, who are you referring to? because the generation that went through most of that is either really old, or dead.
not all of Africa is Somalia and DR Congo breh

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year

The second most ignorant statement I've seen and somewhat contradictory.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
My Parents family is Jamacian and Ive experienced this but last time I was in Jamaica there was just as much if not more c00ning going on over there.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
not all of Africa is Somalia and DR Congo breh
Name one place in Africa you would rather live than here.
Its not all the Congo...but the overwhelming majority of people in this world would rather live here, than anywhere in Africa.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
And how do African-Americans treat Black-Africans and Afro-Caribbean people? :comeon:

Its a two way street.

The amount of times I've heard "why don't you go back to your fukking country then? this is america" from an AA directed towards an African, or african "booty scratcher" when nikkas was kids.

OP can go :pacspit: himself telling one side of the story and shyt :comeon:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
exactly.

"African booty scratchers"
"Stupid Africans"
"Dirty Africans"

cut the bs out

the thing is, I've never heard of an African-American telling their kids to distance themselves from forum black folks. I've never heard "stupid african" or "dirty African". I've heard African booty scratcher, I don't like that phrase, but I've only heard middle schoolers saying that. You have to realize that kids are mean as shyt. But I've never witnessed or heard stories of AA disassociating themselves from Africans because of where they're from. In fact one of the main issues going around is that AA are accepting of anybody.

OP can go :pacspit: himself telling one side of the story and shyt :comeon:
I'm not sure what you want me to do. Do you want me to go spit on myself?:what:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
The second most ignorant statement I've seen and somewhat contradictory.
please explain how what I said isnt true...this thread happens every week, but ill keep saying it.
In 2013 there is no reason for your life to be shyt...fukk ups are fukk ups because they are brain dead. Its that simple.
Only people that give African American losers passes are other African Americans because "history did it to us"...the sooner we learn nobody else gives a fukk the better off well be.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
please explain how what I said isnt true...this thread happens every week, but ill keep saying it.
In 2013 there is no reason for your life to be shyt...fukk ups are fukk ups because they are brain dead. Its that simple.
Only people that give African American losers passes are other African Americans because "history did it to us"...the sooner we learn nobody else gives a fukk the better off well be.

:what:

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward

exactly, AAs can be just as xenophobic as white Americans.

inb4thefeelings

exactly.

"African booty scratchers"
"Stupid Africans"
"Dirty Africans"

cut the bs out

Yup, both of you are right. I hear that shyt from the ppl on my moms side all the time. And the ppl on my fathers side always talk about how lazy AA's are ect :smh:

:whew: Thank god I spent most of my childhood living over seas because thats where I developed a respect for black ppl no mater where they were from. Me and my pops would be out playing Bball or throwing the football around and we would see another black dude and instantly stop and give him the :obama: :salute: it was all love... I use to watch louis farrakhan, malcom x, martin luther king, Angela Davis, stokely carmichael speeches with my pops and all..

Man I came back to the states and :wow: I had to change my whole attitude. My pops was stationed in Iran and I went to live with my Grandma in miami and ppl were talkin shyt sayin I sound white :wtf: I had like a million cousins so no one really fukked with me but that was my first exposure to black ppl hating each other. Haitians and AA hate each other. Jamaicans and Haitians hate each other. Jamaicans and AA hate each other im looking aroung like :why: