I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My best friend is an African Immigrant so I cant co sign this thread. :manny:

Good people.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Not all but some are on that. Couple of African friends myself.

I live amongst them and some carry a sense of undeserved entitlement and authority...

I find it :pachaha: at most times but :rudy: other times

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Don't get me on these muhfukkas... I will shut up and save my hate for whites and Mexicacs though.

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut, because I'm African too because I don't want to come across as a 'sellout or self hater' or whatever word used, but I've got all day today to talk shyt.

Not all but some are on that. Couple of African friends myself.

I live amongst them and some carry a sense of undeserved entitlement and authority...

I find it :pachaha: at most times but :rudy: other times
and this is what triggered me to make this thread.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
You have to look at from both sides. Talk on it later. Some of it is lost in translation.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Just speaking on experience, most African immigrants value education, My mom's generation came here in the 70s on student visas and worked for the success that this opportunity in America provided.

I concede that They probably came here (coming from a black dominated country) not acknowledging, the cycle of poverty and constant drilling of inferiority that white america placed on Aframs through centuries.

They are like :what: when they see african americans waste the opportunity that this countries given to them (e.g. affirmative action) and settle for mediocrity.

They even keep their children away from experiencing how their friends live (my friends had all the game systems, the newest clothes and kicks but their family was living off section 8 and food stamps). (I grew up in a semi project (co-op to be exact) and my mom never did this, but I have seen my uncles and aunts do this to my cousins)

They :scusthov: at living off welfare, (at least the fresh off the plane ones do) (You know we africans don't fukk with boats to america for obvious reasons :stopitslime:)

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
some of them are crazy ignorant

but they're treating us like everyone else treats us and how we treat ourselves

but i think the problem between us is that they want the benefits of our community without actually being apart of our community in certain ways, and trying to create their own sub-african american community

a lot of them are ignorant to us first, and thats where the problem starts. and they have a crazy victim mentality! almost every african i've met cant do no wrong, its always someone elses fault

theres only 1 black america!
I won't bullshyt and say and act like everything is cool, I grew up to immigrants and know the resent some have for AAs. Some have have valid reasons but sometimes they will do it just to act superior. Yes I know it's retarded but some just tend to do it. No one should group people in a box. But what I don't agree with you is on trying to be a sub African american community, must of us have are own communities (eg, nigerian, ethiopian or Ghanaian ). Most of the time I went to parties or community programs it was with others within our community.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
The fact that people who are all black are hating on each other is just sad all around smh... Im Bahamian and AA so I see both sides. You got AA's callin african ppl monkeys and telling them to go back to living in dirt and throwing spears. :snoop:

You got ppl from the islands and Africa assuming that all AA's are dumb, lazy, and welfare dependent. While totally glossing over all the things AA's did in this country so that they could be here :snoop: Its just a vicious cycle man...

The problems between blacks from all nationalities are so deep rooted and complex there is no way that this shyt wasn't somewhat engineered by outside forces ie the government.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Why are we pretending that AAs always welcome black immigrants with open arms?

This is true brehs.... in the late 90's early 2000's AA's were giving Haitians hell down here :smh:

Calling someone Haitian back in those days was considered an insult... I was fresh from living in Germany so I was like :what: How is that a bad thing? We are all black

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
And how do African-Americans treat Black-Africans and Afro-Caribbean people? :comeon:

Its a two way street.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
This is true brehs.... in the late 90's early 2000's AA's were giving Haitians hell down here :smh:

Calling someone Haitian back in those days was considered an insult... I was fresh from living in Germany so I was like :what: How is that a bad thing? We are all black

exactly, AAs can be just as xenophobic as white Americans.

inb4thefeelings

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
some of them are crazy ignorant

but they're treating us like everyone else treats us and how we treat ourselves

but i think the problem between us is that they want the benefits of our community without actually being apart of our community in certain ways, and trying to create their own sub-african american community

a lot of them are ignorant to us first, and thats where the problem starts. and they have a crazy victim mentality! almost every african i've met cant do no wrong, its always someone elses fault

theres only 1 black america!

This is the most ignorant statement I've seen in quite some time. Reason #4 why black progress has been halted in America (that is a paradox).