I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
You not hearing it means absolutely nothing when others have.

Do you mean that some people have heard Asians saying that Asians are all the same, or Europeans saying that Europeans are all the same? Because I've never heard it, and I've been in Europe for the past 15 years +

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
Do you mean that some people have heard Asians saying that Asians are all the same, or Europeans saying that Europeans are all the same? Because I've never heard it, and I've been in Europe for the past 15 years +

Exactly. Dude just making shyt up.

Never heard a Greek say them and the Dutch is the same :russ:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
My parents and even me.I'm not the same as African Americans

Anyone who thinks that is an idiot

This crap as all blacks are the same and an African is the same is non sense

I don't hear Asians saying all Asians are the same. I don't hear all Europeans are the same

What makes American Americans look so stupid is when they wear west African clothes thinking that that's what their ancestors wore :dead:

Kind of sad
bytch your from Madagascar where most slaves came from not west Africa

You sound kind of hateful with this post :whoa:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
My parents and even me.I'm not the same as African Americans

Anyone who thinks that is an idiot

This crap as all blacks are the same and an African is the same is non sense

I don't hear Asians saying all Asians are the same. I don't hear all Europeans are the same

What makes American Americans look so stupid is when they wear west African clothes thinking that that's what their ancestors wore :dead:

Kind of sad
bytch your from Madagascar where most slaves came from not west Africa
Got any proof? Because you say Oprah found her ancestors are from Madagascar and assume that every African American came from there too.

Your saying that the slave trade never took saves form actual Africa? Got any proof?

Didn't you just say that all blacks are not the same yet here you are saying that we all came from the islamd of Madagascar?

Make up your mind breh. :manny:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good thread, when you are on the other side you see things differently. I dont think its a black thing more so an immigrant thing.

When you come from the islands or small societies your parents really try to protect you and shield you from big bad America. We've had friends and/or family get lost up here, so often times its a defense mechanism. You have a lot of families who took chances for a better life for their children and they don't want their kids falling in the wrong crowd.

The Island-AA divide seems overstated at least from the outside looking.

How many celebs, athletes, prominent black American figures have Caribbean ancestry?

Just off the top of my head dudes like Busta Rhymes, Biggie, Patrick Ewing all of Jamaican background and 99 percent of people would never even know unless they read on it. You got major political figures ranging from Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, to WEB Dubois to even Farrakhan all with at least partial Caribbean ancestry. Seems like there's a lot more in common that makes it easier for West Indians to assimilate into AA culture/society than there is to keep them out. Especially a few generations in and it can be almost indistinguishable.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I've had some experiences too, especially the Eastern, northern Africans and many people from west Africa. It really stings me how so many people come to the states and look down upon black folks, but need to acknowledge the fact that the success of their movements come from something called the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT. Real talk, you want to know what's sad? Afro-Latin folks are more in touch with African roots than these fools in the states it seems.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Island-AA divide seems overstated at least from the outside looking.

How many celebs, athletes, prominent black American figures have Caribbean ancestry?

Just off the top of my head dudes like Busta Rhymes, Biggie, Patrick Ewing all of Jamaican background and 99 percent of people would never even know unless they read on it. You got major political figures ranging from Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, to WEB Dubois to even Farrakhan all with at least partial Caribbean ancestry. Seems like there's a lot more in common that makes it easier for West Indians to assimilate into AA culture/society than there is to keep them out. Especially a few generations in and it can be almost indistinguishable.

It's usually the people who just got here or have this image of whites as being good, and wholesome, that want to disassociate with AA. I know a lot of people on here are just clowns, because I grew up with mostly foreigners, but the few who act like some people on here are the ones who would trip me out.

Plus, they thought like this when they were young, and all they knew was Brooklyn, and the islands from their parents or child memories. Once they traveled the country, interacted with other people, and saw how this racist system works, that talk of them being different changes fast. I seen it all the time. They still keep their culture, but they see the bigger picture.

The thing that makes this happen is because when you are from a place where everyone looks like you, and when you hear about whites, it's from tv, which makes them look so good, you think things are all good in the western world. I remember I seen a columbian chick on a tv show talk about a white man she saw, and said he looked like a real angel, so beautiful, and precious:wtb:. He looked like a fukking geek that was desperate for p*ssy.:heh:

When they get here, I think they are confused because they are shytted on by some AA, but they are also treated a certain way by others from other races who see them as other blacks. Some can't deal with it, and hate on AA, others wake up, learn history, and the system to see how things really are. In reality this is a blessing, because you are not in a fake world where everyone is like you, and have your beliefs. You see who the real boss is, how he has messed up your country, and others that he has conquered, causing you to leave for a better life. Plus, you see the positive white people, because they all aren't bad.

I love this mutli cultural thing, because I see how the world really is, and not what I want it to be. Why separate yourself, when you can learn so much, and make yourself the shyt?.

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Americans don't hate Africans. Most Black Americans voted for :obama:

I didn't vote for him though. :mjpls:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
i've had good and bad experiences with them. the cool cats i've met are very laid back and more than likely been here for while. the others sometimes came off as self righteous and ridiculously pretentious.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia

Got any proof? Because you say Oprah found her ancestors are from Madagascar and assume that every African American came from there too.

Your saying that the slave trade never took saves form actual Africa? Got any proof?

Didn't you just say that all blacks are not the same yet here you are saying that we all came from the islamd of Madagascar?

Make up your mind breh. :manny:

:what: did you read what I wrote or did you just skim thru it?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
All blacks may not be the same but the fact that we are all connected to Africa and the hate they give us for that fact remains the same.

You can be called the n word and be looked down upon for your dark skin and heritage just as fast as me.

This goes out to the Afro Latinos as well.