I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I didn't avoid the question. You asked why I think your an Uncle Tom and I said its because you display Uncle Tom qualities.

You reading comprehension is what needs help. :snoop:

1188017844035.gif

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I want to add though that the ones that come over when they're young, like six or seven, have a rough go of it because they're teased and bullied relentlessly. So that might be a contributing factor in their :mjpls: stance.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I want to add though that the ones that come over when they're young, like six or seven, have a rough go of it because they're teased and bullied relentlessly. So that might be a contributing factor in their :mjpls: stance.
I went through it jack....but I also gave it back.

But it's all good when cats get older.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
:what:

Dog....most of them leave to come here and receive the best education this world has to offer.

My dad grew up in the palace in Ife and was educated in the best schools. He left to finish his education here, like so many others.

What the hell are you talking about? You dont think the "brain drain" in many of these nations isn't real?

I accounted for brain drain, did you miss that? :beli:

The kids who didnt go right into the family business went to school here or in the uk but when they were done they went back home. Elites, 8/9 times out of 10, weren't leaving unless politics got involved. The kids from the middle class were more likely to immigrate and carve out a life for themselves.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
My ex girls' husband runs some frat org down in B-More and last week, two Africans were talking sideways about Black Americans in B-More. Dude had to tell them "you're in an office full of frats and educated black americans you sit across everyday, and all you can look at is poor blacks in Baltimore as respresentatives of all of us? How hard would it be for me to go to your country and find the worst of your kind and do the same?"

Dudes fell back and said they didn't think of it that way. :heh: :snoop:

:whoo:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Here's the thing many African Americans need to understand. Class is a big deal back home...so the same way they look down on blacks here is the same way they look at lower class blacks back in their home countries.

Unfortunately this is true, more or less depening on the country but I think it's fact in most african countries.

Depends. That holds true with a lot of the earlier West Africans immigrants as they immigrated through meeting qualifications or as students but majority of East Africans came as refugees or applied for asylum. Also applies with a lot of the Francophone Africans.

It's not because you're a refugee that you're not "upper class" breh, once a war/rebellion starts those who were ruling one day have to run for their lives jut like others. Matter of fact they might have the right connections in embassies/overseas to facilitate obtaining that refugee status. Of course most refugees do come from "lower" classes (for lack of a better word), but don't assume that all refugees do.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not because you're a refugee that you're not "upper class" breh, once a war/rebellion starts those who were ruling one day have to run for their lives jut like others. Matter of fact they might have the right connections in embassies/overseas to facilitate obtaining that refugee status. Of course most refugees do come from "lower" classes (for lack of a better word), but don't assume that all refugees do.

I was just speaking of the communities Im most familiar with. I'm Somali and I know that majority of the Somali diaspora definitely wasn't upper class in any sense of that word back home. Same goes for most Ethiopians and Eritreans in the West. Of course there are exceptions but that's the case with the majority. It's why they're generally less well off than older West African immigrants in the States who either came to study or were already highly educated.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Same here with my dad. He went to Central State U in Ohio and his first roommate moved out once he found out my pops was Nigerian. :heh:

But there was an openness for blacks here to want to know their past though.

Here's a big story from back in the 70's of some chick my pops met here who eventually traveled to Nigeria for two weeks to stay with my family.

Black World/Negro Digest - Google Books

There is actually a part in the book where the Nigerians were asked if they lived in trees :bryan:

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My ex girls' husband runs some frat org down in B-More and last week, two Africans were talking sideways about Black Americans in B-More. Dude had to tell them "you're in an office full of frats and educated black americans you sit across everyday, and all you can look at is poor blacks in Baltimore as respresentatives of all of us? How hard would it be for me to go to your country and find the worst of your kind and do the same?"

Dudes fell back and said they didn't think of it that way. :heh: :snoop:

:snoop: