I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All blacks may not be the same but the fact that we are all connected to Africa and the hate they give us for that fact remains the same.

You can be called the n word and be looked down upon for your dark skin and heritage just as fast as me.

This goes out to the Afro Latinos as well.

Everyone is connected to Africa, not just blacks. :lolhov:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Here's the thing many African Americans need to understand. Class is a big deal back home...so the same way they look down on blacks here is the same way they look at lower class blacks back in their home countries.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Why are we pretending that AAs always welcome black immigrants with open arms?

My dad came from Nigeria to Little Rock in the early 70s for college and black people were saying all kinds of ignorant stuff to him. Asking him if he lived in trees and whether he wore clothes growing up. AAs were very ignorant back then though because of lack of exposure. Its all good though now.

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
i would never dissed my africa people regardless if a few have resentment to blacks in america.. cause the same negros who's complaining are the same ones bashing other black people everyday also.. so what's the big deal about it...

as i get older and study and learn from africans i work with, they come from places in this day and age where there families are murdered, women raped in front of them, living in 100 degree weather with no fresh water, there kids barely went to school cause the rebels will kill them or kidnap them for there own personal war, so when they come to this country they main objective is to get away from that type of buffoonery we have in majority of our communities...

If u have a problem with africans lack of respect towards american blacks what u have to say about american black people who have more than africans show little respect to there own american blacks..

negros should be loving africa and there people instead of loving the europeans ways of life

nas-damian-marley.jpg

NYC Rebel

Daps
My dad came from Nigeria to Little Rock in the early 70s for college and black people were saying all kinds of ignorant stuff to him. Asking him if he lived in trees and whether he wore clothes growing up. AAs were very ignorant back then though because of lack of exposure. Its all good though now.

Same here with my dad. He went to Central State U in Ohio and his first roommate moved out once he found out my pops was Nigerian. :heh:

But there was an openness for blacks here to want to know their past though.

Here's a big story from back in the 70's of some chick my pops met here who eventually traveled to Nigeria for two weeks to stay with my family.

Black World/Negro Digest - Google Books

NYC Rebel

Daps
i would never dissed my africa people regardless if a few have resentment to blacks in america.. cause the same negros who's complaining are the same ones bashing other black people everyday also.. so what's the big deal about it...

as i get older and study and learn from africans i work with, they come from places in this day and age where there families are murdered, women raped in front of them, living in 100 degree weather with no fresh water, there kids barely went to school cause the rebels will kill them or kidnap them for there own personal war, so when they come to this country they main objective is to get away from that type of buffoonery we have in majority of our communities...

If u have a problem with africans lack of respect towards american blacks what u have to say about american black people who have more than africans show little respect to there own american blacks..

negros should be loving africa and there people instead of loving the europeans ways of life

nas-damian-marley.jpg

Dude....it works both ways...but come on. Most of these classist Africans treat their own people like shyt...which is why the countries are in the squalor they're in and they come here with their nose in the air attitudes.

You need to stop buying into this myopic hardships of those upper class Africans who more often than not make it to these shores.

One thing about my upbringing I thank god for is that I wasn't raised around that class bullshyt they're on back home. I go back home and meet a bad broad they'd tell me not to fukk with her cuz she's not in "my class."

:heh:

fukk I know...I'm born and raised in Brooklyn. Spare me that BS.

Most Upper class Africans don't look at lower class Africans as human beings. I can't rock with that....and I thank god my pops didn't raise me to carry that shyt.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tell that to racist whites.

Oh wait you won't. You'll be too busy kissing their ass to do it. :pachaha:

It doesn't matter what racist whites think, it's a fact that everyone is connected to Africa not just black.

Get your history up, nikka.
mysmilie_3309.gif

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
It doesn't matter what racist whites think, it's a fact that everyone is connected to Africa not just black.

Get your history up, nikka.
mysmilie_3309.gif
I already got my history up. Your just a typical Uncle Tom directing attention away from racist whites.

Of course you don't care what they truly think. As long as they tell you that your one of the good negros your happy.

I bet your their only black "friend." :pachaha:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Of course you don't care what they truly think. As long as they tell you that your one of the good negros your happy.

I bet your their only black friend. :pachaha:

All my close friends are either spanish or black. In fact, I don't even have any white friends.
mysmilie_873.gif

And you're right, I don't care what they think that's why I said before I don't care what they think. :deadmanny:

You're not too bright are you? Ol dumb smart nikka. Go take a seat.
mysmilie_873.gif

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Here's the thing many African Americans need to understand. Class is a big deal back home...so the same way they look down on blacks here is the same way they look at lower class blacks back in their home countries.

There is an irony in that since a large number of folks who came here often weren't shyt back home.

The Island-AA divide seems overstated at least from the outside looking.

How many celebs, athletes, prominent black American figures have Caribbean ancestry?

Just off the top of my head dudes like Busta Rhymes, Biggie, Patrick Ewing all of Jamaican background and 99 percent of people would never even know unless they read on it. You got major political figures ranging from Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, to WEB Dubois to even Farrakhan all with at least partial Caribbean ancestry. Seems like there's a lot more in common that makes it easier for West Indians to assimilate into AA culture/society than there is to keep them out. Especially a few generations in and it can be almost indistinguishable.

Yeah maybe living in NY I cant fully grasp it. Maybe the connection to AA is greater than it is towards Africans. It's an easy transition.

NYC Rebel

Daps
There is an irony in that since a large number of folks who came here often weren't shyt back home.

Yeah maybe living in NY I cant fully grasp it. Maybe the connection to AA is greater than it is towards Africans. It's an easy transition.

Not true. Most of them are the elite from their country.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not true. Most of them are the elite from their country.

Depends. That holds true with a lot of the earlier West Africans immigrants as they immigrated through meeting qualifications or as students but majority of East Africans came as refugees or applied for asylum. Also applies with a lot of the Francophone Africans.