I'm tired of the lack of respect towards black Americans from Africa/black immigrants

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
[ignorant] Black Americans: whats up with these African nikkas mang; thinking they they shyt with they accents and funny clothes :scusthov:

[ignorant] Africans: hey! whats up with these Americans... thinking they better than us with their pants sagging and their baby maddas :scusthov:

self respecting Africans/Black Americans: whats this thread about anyway :manny:

This is pretty much what goes on its a bunch of fools just distrusting each other.

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
It works both ways in my opinion..

But I hear more African Americans talk bad about Africans and Jamaicans more than the opposite..and a lot of it come from hear say or just assuming when they see group of Africans together they don't associates with american blacks....

But I live around Jamaicans and Africans and I understand to a point why they don't fuk wit us...

U have most black Americans more than Africans and Jamaicans who don't fuk wit other blacks so I don't even see the issue with this

Constantine

Et in Arcadia ego...
Daps
Reppin
The "BUCKEYE" Nation
I ain't gonna lie, when we were little, my brothers, sisters, and classmates used to call each other African booty scratchers :manny: It was ignorant, but we were kids, I'm not trying to excuse it. I sort of brought this topic up about why African Americans might not want to travel to Africa because of their experiences with Africans in America in a thread a week or so ago http://www.the-coli.com/locker-room/98070-real-talk-black-folks-losing-if-you-never-been-africa.html#.UVGahVe_OmQ, and I got called a c00n, nikka, the pejorative du jour, this, that, and the third. I've heard stories on the radio about how Haitians use African as a insult to each other in Haiti Haiti on brink of becoming latest member of African Union | PRI.ORG, or how Haitian parents tell their children not to date African American men Interracial Marriage And The Extended Family : NPR I've brought this up before that some of my relatives have had negative experiences with Africans, I can't call it. I'm just glad its a African making this thread, if I made it, I'd get called a nikka.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
well if not respect, atleast treat them like you do everybody else. You see alot of these African parents telling their kids not these have black american friends, Worse of all showing more respect white people than they do black folks

:dead:

As having East African parents I never heard no shyt like this

Just cause your family some bytch ass nikkas don't bring everyone else in this

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
My parents and even me.I'm not the same as African Americans

Anyone who thinks that is an idiot

This crap as all blacks are the same and an African is the same is non sense

I don't hear Asians saying all Asians are the same. I don't hear all Europeans are the same

What makes American Americans look so stupid is when they wear west African clothes thinking that that's what their ancestors wore :dead:

Kind of sad
bytch your from Madagascar where most slaves came from not west Africa

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The reality is that many African Americans have been taught by their white masters to hate everything black and African about themselves. Therefore, they tend to automatically have a negative attitude by Africans. As the son of African imigrants living amongst mostly African Americans i learned this first hand. nikkas would clown ya boy for being African, right up until the time when test time came around, then it was "buddy buddy" time since all these nikkas didn't know shyt and wanted to cheat off me to help them pass the test..:russ:

As we got older, this became less and less on an issue but i feel that many AAs still hold a negative and/or completely ignorant idea of Africa and Africans. (For the record i also feel the converse it true as well.) I blame this phenomenon particularly on the refusal of many AAs to seek independent knowledge about the continent, instead choosing to get all their "facts" from white authored textbooks and hollywood. I do think this phenomenon is changing however, but unfortunately its moving at a snail's pace. I think if more AAs were willing to learn more about Africa and export some of their knowledge to the continent they could do alot to lift themselves and Africans out of poverty.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I had a Nigerian professor in college and he hated all Black Americans-- and made comments about it in class every day

- but his bum ass was teaching at a fukking HBCU full of black Americans

- he got assaulted by a student and someone broke in his home

he was one of the most hated faculty member there

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

I don't hear Asians saying all Asians are the same. I don't hear all Europeans are the same

What makes American Americans look so stupid is when they wear west African clothes thinking that that's what their ancestors wore :dead:

Kind of sad

Madagascar is further to travel to than Ghana/Nigeria/Sierra Leone, why would most of our ancestors come from Madagascar? :mindblown:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Good thread, when you are on the other side you see things differently. I dont think its a black thing more so an immigrant thing.

When you come from the islands or small societies your parents really try to protect you and shield you from big bad America. We've had friends and/or family get lost up here, so often times its a defense mechanism. You have a lot of families who took chances for a better life for their children and they don't want their kids falling in the wrong crowd.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good thread, when you are on the other side you see things differently. I dont think its a black thing more so an immigrant thing.

When you come from the islands or small societies your parents really try to protect you and shield you from big bad America. We've had friends and/or family get lost up here, so often times its a defense mechanism. You have a lot of families who took chances for a better life for their children and they don't want their kids falling in the wrong crowd.

what that crowd look like?

:mjpls:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Kind of sad

:skip: and you are one of the biggest c00ns on here
praising white women:skip:

dumb ass sambo