Im intimidated to play elden ring :(

Daps
I'm over here looking at the copy of Elden Ring in my steam library like:

confused-confused-staring.gif

Like I have this demonic hard ass game in my library and I have yet to check it out :whoa:
Elden Ring is fun to get in to, just never put it down, almost impossible to pick it up again after a few months of not playing

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lol brehs ive had elden ring since launch and i only played a few times and made it up to the first real boss. that nikka handed me such an L ive been intimidated ever since to pick it up and play again :russ: funny thing is the image thats in my avatar i actually had a dream about it the day before the game came out (i never saw that image beforehand)...imma face my fear one of these days tho cus i kno elden ring is one of the GOATS.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
@Gizmo_Duck remember pre patch when they had the wrong fallingstar beasts in different locations? :russ: these brehs don't even know how hard this game was when it first released they actually had to nerf things to make it fair

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
No shame, Soulsborne games aren't for everyone. I stay considering copping Elden Ring especially when it just went on sale, but I had to admit it's not my wave. I bought DS2 first day, played it for maybe 10 hours, and trashed it. Pretty much the same with Bloodborne, I REALLY hated that shyt :skip:
I love rpgs, and I love "difficult" action games like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, but FromSoft's combat is just boring to me for whatever reason. I'm praying that Armored Core doesn't turn into another Soulsborne.
Ima force myself to play through it but I did not like how slow the movement is in demon souls remake

qashif

All Star
Daps
this game is infinitely easier than the other ones

just the fact that you can run away makes this 10x easier

if you just level up the game becomes a breeze... you can fight that boss at level 7 or level 57 ... it doesnt matter

the old games, you would have to walk a straight path through EVERYTHING before reaching a checkpoint or a boss... you had no clue and you knew you had to go down that corridor with whatever was gonna pop out... no running and shyt. Then when you die... your shyt is trapped in the middle of a hallway... 7 minutes into a run that you had to do perfect just to grab your shyt off the floor.

In this game you can get hit hard... call your horse and run away immediately ... or just run by the shyt you dropped on death... grab it and run away

if you want true fear play those old ones :russ: where you only got 1 way to go to make progress, down a dark ass hallway and you dunno how long before you get another checkpoint... Take this one slow and level up so you kill enemies quicker ... you will get more "flasks" to heal too so you can make more mistakes if you explore and be safe
i played dark souls after ER, and i found it much easier :manny:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
i played dark souls after ER, and i found it much easier :manny:

The original dark souls is pretty easy tbh. DS3 has way harder bosses

even DS2 or Bloodbourne way harder

all the games become easier once you play one of them
once you understand the roll frames, the levels and concept they are interchangeable

Elden ring there is no real barrier, you have unlimited directions to go to level and farm
and you can make progress each place at your own pace

the other games are like "if you want to go further with the game.... get better immediately to go down this only path"
you are constantly going down a hallway towards the unknown and tougher enemies to make progress

with elden ring you can circle limgrave, go through caelid, go south of limgrave... mess around at the castle... you could stay in Liurnia forever etc
limgrave alone you can just circle and level up forever... not saying this is bad at all... its actually epic and breathtaking to have the freedom to do it

but older ones you farm behind your progress and you dont wanna do that... you get bored and are forced to push forward constantly. Thats why people would say these games are super punishing. Just when you thought you were on a roll, nope. You go too far and get humbled real quick before the next checkpoint. There was way less checkpoints too like the veteran players were saying at launch. You might get like 3 checkpoints at the castle, one in front... one near the middle and one at the boss. You might not even get one at the boss, it would probably be after you beat the boss, so you'd be forced to run from middle of castle to the boss without dying each time. But thats the beauty of open world... you can create more of an adventure and free flowing game for the player, it makes the zones more re-visitable and fun. Secrets and boss doors everywhere that you can double back to. I dont think one is better or worse, but the older more linear games were a nightmare fest. You had to really choose between pushing forward into the unknown or doubling back and wasting so much time farming the zones you already beat which felt boring as fukk.

In Dark souls 2 .. if you went the wrong way at the start... you could lose like 10 hours not understanding what the fukk was going on
you make a right instead of left and you're fukked... like 20 knights in a row on small platforms that 1 or 2 shot you and hardly any heals:russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
even DS2 or Bloodbourne way harder

all the games become easier once you play one of them
once you understand the roll frames, the levels and concept they are interchangeable

Elden ring there is no real barrier, you have unlimited directions to go to level and farm
and you can make progress each place at your own pace

the other games are like "if you want to go further with the game.... get better immediately to go down this only path"
you are constantly going down a hallway towards the unknown and tougher enemies to make progress

with elden ring you can circle limgrave, go through caelid, go south of limgrave... mess around at the castle... you could stay in Liurnia forever etc
limgrave alone you can just circle and level up forever... not saying this is bad at all... its actually epic and breathtaking to have the freedom to do it

but older ones you farm behind your progress and you dont wanna do that... you get bored and are forced to push forward constantly. Thats why people would say these games are super punishing. Just when you thought you were on a roll, nope. You go too far and get humbled real quick before the next checkpoint. There was way less checkpoints too like the veteran players were saying at launch. You might get like 3 checkpoints at the castle, one in front... one near the middle and one at the boss. You might not even get one at the boss, it would probably be after you beat the boss, so you'd be forced to run from middle of castle to the boss without dying each time. But thats the beauty of open world... you can create more of an adventure and free flowing game for the player, it makes the zones more re-visitable and fun. Secrets and boss doors everywhere that you can double back to. I dont think one is better or worse, but the older more linear games were a nightmare fest. You had to really choose between pushing forward into the unknown or doubling back and wasting so much time farming the zones you already beat which felt boring as fukk.

In Dark souls 2 .. if you went the wrong way at the start... you could lose like 10 hours not understanding what the fukk was going on
you make a right instead of left and you're fukked... like 20 knights in a row on small platforms that 1 or 2 shot you and hardly any heals:russ:

Dark Souls 2 felt like a prototype for Elden Ring, I hate it

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The last character I made on Elden Ring I purposefully played the game as far as I could without ever fighting a major story boss. You literally won't hit a brick wall until you get to the elevator that takes you to the mountaintop. You can be damn near level 150 before you ever go and fight Margit.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I still dont see the hype in this game. Played it for like 3 hours. Story line is ass and all u get to do i run around leveling up killing bosses and camps.