Im intimidated to play elden ring :(

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
What class is most of you all starting with? I started with the Samurai and I am not feeling it too tough. Might start over with something else.
I started with the knight that can heal...I think. It didn't matter at the end of the day, you'll figure out what you like best as you play.

What's funny is I beat this game a few months after release, but I'll be damned if I can remember damn near anything about it...except the cheap bosses, fukk some of them damn bosses :aicmon:. I aint even attempt the final boss, I saw the credits rolled once and bounced :scusthov:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What class is most of you all starting with? I started with the Samurai and I am not feeling it too tough. Might start over with something else.

I actually think Samauri is one of the best starting classes (armor is good throughout the game, starting weapon is great, have a ranged option with the bow) but ultimately it doesn't matter. It's your starting base stats and gear but you can respec fairly early in the game if you need to.

I would recommend looking up various builds and/or weapons on YouTube to get an idea of what's possible and figure out what you wanna do from there.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
this game is infinitely easier than the other ones

just the fact that you can run away makes this 10x easier

if you just level up the game becomes a breeze... you can fight that boss at level 7 or level 57 ... it doesnt matter

the old games, you would have to walk a straight path through EVERYTHING before reaching a checkpoint or a boss... you had no clue and you knew you had to go down that corridor with whatever was gonna pop out... no running and shyt. Then when you die... your shyt is trapped in the middle of a hallway... 7 minutes into a run that you had to do perfect just to grab your shyt off the floor.

In this game you can get hit hard... call your horse and run away immediately ... or just run by the shyt you dropped on death... grab it and run away

if you want true fear play those old ones :russ: where you only got 1 way to go to make progress, down a dark ass hallway and you dunno how long before you get another checkpoint... Take this one slow and level up so you kill enemies quicker ... you will get more "flasks" to heal too so you can make more mistakes if you explore and be safe

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
and you can fast travel wherever you are, that’s another thing. The fast travel combined with the constant grace sites (save spots) make elden ring a lot easier than other ggames

Try and play Demon’s Souls after Elden Ring and hate life

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have 6 weeks off soon but I have 3-4 games to finish off in my backlog and I haven't even started God of War: R yet. Will probably never get to this. I feel like I need a month off with nothing to do to actually play it, but that's not happening.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
No shame, Soulsborne games aren't for everyone. I stay considering copping Elden Ring especially when it just went on sale, but I had to admit it's not my wave. I bought DS2 first day, played it for maybe 10 hours, and trashed it. Pretty much the same with Bloodborne, I REALLY hated that shyt :skip:
I love rpgs, and I love "difficult" action games like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, but FromSoft's combat is just boring to me for whatever reason. I'm praying that Armored Core doesn't turn into another Soulsborne.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
but arent they like damned near the same game???:heh:

Yeah, but theres really nothing else that exist like it that isn’t directly trying to copy it.

Skyrim isn’t a skill based game. The only thing they really have in common is being open world and fantasy based. BGS have the most rudimentary mechanics in favor of stats/roleplaying.

Ex. You can be level 150 in a souls game and still get killed by a low level enemy if you don’t practice patience and timing. In something like Skyrim or Witcher once you outlevel a enemy they can’t even damage you.

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
No shame, Soulsborne games aren't for everyone. I stay considering copping Elden Ring especially when it just went on sale, but I had to admit it's not my wave. I bought DS2 first day, played it for maybe 10 hours, and trashed it. Pretty much the same with Bloodborne, I REALLY hated that shyt :skip:
I love rpgs, and I love "difficult" action games like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, but FromSoft's combat is just boring to me for whatever reason. I'm praying that Armored Core doesn't turn into another Soulsborne.
Nah b this ain’t on some soulborne shyt I finished blood borne and made it far as fukk in dark souls..that boss in elden ring beat the breaks off me like no other..I felt helpless like damn man. Orr maybe I’m just getting rusty :jbhmm:?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah b this ain’t on some soulborne shyt I finished blood borne and made it far as fukk in dark souls..that boss in elden ring beat the breaks off me like no other..I felt helpless like damn man. Orr maybe I’m just getting rusty :jbhmm:?

If you finished bloodborne you should really have no problem with elden ring lol