Im intimidated to play elden ring :(

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I mean i fukks with games like that like fallout and elder scroll games but those were piff in comparison. Elden ring atmosphere is blah
This game is nothing like those games outside the fact it’s an open world “RPG” and I use rpg lightly. ER is really just an adventure game with rpg elements.

The open world aspect is over rated because there is nothing special about the other locations. Just another back drop to fight and die 19286338 times.
I just bought this and I will say I don't understand what all the hype was regarding the open world aspect of this game. Reviews were making this shyt seem like it was revolutionary :comeon:
I feel the same way, I had a pretty decent bleed build using two swords, I had a great shield and everything. I beat the Margit boss and the bytch ass tree sentinel and am still not hooked yet.

this game is a constant uphill battle with nothing else to do but fight for your life.

There is no story
No side quests
Nothing else to do but fight and die

I don’t see how someone that isn’t into souls like games would like this game. It’s niche and not for everyone

I swear this game is like an achievement in it self for hardcore gamers to say they still got it.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
If you want easy mode you can summon me and I’ll drop you some gear and runes

I’m pretty much at my natural stopping point for the game anyway. I’m prob done until DLC drops
You can drop shyt for me on ps5

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
This game is nothing like those games outside the fact it’s an open world “RPG” and I use rpg lightly. ER is really just an adventure game with rpg elements.

The open world aspect is over rated because there is nothing special about the other locations. Just another back drop to fight and die 19286338 times.

I feel the same way, I had a pretty decent bleed build using two swords, I had a great shield and everything. I beat the Margit boss and the bytch ass tree sentinel and am still not hooked yet.

this game is a constant uphill battle with nothing else to do but fight for your life.

There is no story
No side quests
Nothing else to do but fight and die

I don’t see how someone that isn’t into souls like games would like this game. It’s niche and not for everyone

I swear this game is like an achievement in it self for hardcore gamers to say they still got it.
Are you new to Fromsoft? I say that as a semi-new player (Bloodborne was my first Fromsoft game), but there is definitely a story and side quests. They’re not in-your-face like most games but they are there.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Are you new to Fromsoft? I say that as a semi-new player (Bloodborne was my first Fromsoft game), but there is definitely a story and side quests. They’re not in-your-face like most games but they are there.
Yea I’m new. I just didn’t see much story when I was playing. And I don’t get the whole “the game doesn’t hold your hand” praise or the story not being in your face being a good thing. Maybe it’s just me

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Yea I’m new. I just didn’t see much story when I was playing. And I don’t get the whole “the game doesn’t hold your hand” praise or the story not being in your face being a good thing. Maybe it’s just me
Yeah, I was the same when I first found BB. But if you're looking for a direct story, that's not FromSoftware at all.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
I was in the south part of Limgrave and came upon this elevator. End up in this whole zone beneath the ocean. Those mobs killed me fast. Im learning to try and run and die with honor so I don't have to try and sneak to get my runes back.

Really fun game though, takes a lot of patience on my part

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I was in the south part of Limgrave and came upon this elevator. End up in this whole zone beneath the ocean. Those mobs killed me fast. Im learning to try and run and die with honor so I don't have to try and sneak to get my runes back.

Really fun game though, takes a lot of patience on my part

What’s crazy is that you’re still pretty early in the game and you’ll get to experience that “oh shyt look what I found! :gladbron: “ moment several more times throughout your playthrough:wow:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Bro i put 20 hrs in

Just finished the bottom island about and the beginning part.

I rage quit over those fukking gremlins with the cat statue like 3 weeks ago havent turned it on since.

Same thing happened with sekiro. Least with this game the restarts to dungeons is in beginning. In sekiro i gotta fukkin trek to the one boss only to die and do it all over again. fukk all that