☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Cherry picking and table cleaning aren't ever gonna be high paying jobs tho. Those will always be minimum wage jobs. No American is gonna clean tables or pick cherries for minimum wage.
What are you talking about?

Americans do those jobs all the time.

Thats what the MW is for.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
What are you talking about?

Americans do those jobs all the time.

Thats what the MW is for.

Yea maybe high school kids during the summer. Show me a 35 year old American picking cherries, cleaning tables, or washing cars to support his family

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
The right wing got the divide and conquer strategy perfected. The same nikkas in he re talking about "that's their problem" gonna be singing spiritual hymns on a slave ship back to Africa

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Where Do Undocumented Immigrants Live?

Where Do Undocumented Immigrants Live?

A new Pew report estimates the undocumented immigrant population in cities throughout the U.S. and finds that just 20 metros are home to 60 percent of them.

lead_large.jpg

REUTERS/David McNew
11.1 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States. Of those, 6.8 million, or 61 percent, live in just 20 metro areas, a new Pew analysis finds—a very high concentration, considering only 36 percent of the total U.S. population lives in these areas.

(Pew Research Center)
According to the report, undocumented immigrants accounted for just 3.5 percent of the total U.S. population in 2014, and for about 26 percent of foreign-born residents.

As is perhaps expected, the analysis found that undocumented immigrants tend to live among lawful immigrants. Sixty-five percent of naturalized citizens and authorized noncitizen immigrants live in these same 20 metros. The largest populations of undocumented immigrants were found in New York, at 1.2 million, and Los Angeles, at 1 million. Nowhere else came even close to these numbers: Houston, the next runner-up, clocked in at just 575,000. Five of the top 20 metros were found in California (Los Angeles, Riverside-San Bernardino, San Francisco, San Diego, and San Jose).

(Pew Research Center)
The report uses information from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey from 2014, the most recent year for which data is available. But the analysis finds that the geographic breakdown has remained consistent, with 19 of the top 20 metros for undocumented immigrants remaining on the list for the past decade.

This geography could be significant over the next four years, as the Trump administration gears up to deport potentially millions of undocumented immigrants. Several of the cities on this list are so-called sanctuaries, or municipalities that in some way limit their cooperation with federal immigration authorities in detaining and deporting immigrants. In two sweeping executive orders signed at the end of January, President Trump promised, among other things, a crackdown on sanctuary cities, cutting off their federal grant money. One order specifies that such municipalities “are not eligible to receive Federal grants, except as deemed necessary for law enforcement purposes by the Attorney General or the Secretary.”

It will likely end up being legally and logistically difficult for Trump to carry out that threat, and his order doesn’t spell out a way to get it done. But it’s certainly within the realm of possibility, and given the potential scope of the financial loss, some of these cities could start to cave to the pressure. In fact, Miami, number five on this list, already has.

Trump’s orders also call for the immediate construction of his controversial border wall and the ramping up of border security, with 5,000 more border patrol agents and triple the current number of Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers. That adds up to nearly 16,000 ICE officers—all of whomcould very well turn out to be an imminent presence in the metros where immigrants live.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Cherry picking and table cleaning aren't ever gonna be high paying jobs tho. Those will always be minimum wage jobs. No American is gonna clean tables or pick cherries for minimum wage.
This is so false I don't know where to start. There is always somebody that wants a job.

These aren't career jobs. So of course there will be turnover. But like I said the is always somebody that needs a job.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
This is so false I don't know where to start. There is always somebody that wants a job.

These aren't career jobs. So of course there will be turnover. But like I said the is always somebody that needs a job.

People always need jobs but nobody is gonna last long in a job that pays minimum wage to do something like clean tables in a fast paced and demanding environment. If I'm an employer and I see that Americans are always quitting because "they don't want to get worked like a mexican" then I'm not gonna hire anybody that's gonna quit after a couple of weeks. For you it isn't a career job but for Pablo he can work here and send half of his pay back home and take care of his mother. So if u deport all of them all u gonna have is a workforce that quits those meager MW jobs all the time because those aren't "career jobs"

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
People always need jobs but nobody is gonna last long in a job that pays minimum wage to do something like clean tables in a fast paced and demanding environment. If I'm an employer and I see that Americans are always quitting because "they don't want to get worked like a mexican" then I'm not gonna hire anybody that's gonna quit after a couple of weeks. For you it isn't a career job but for Pablo he can work here and send half of his pay back home and take care of his mother. So if u deport all of them all u gonna have is a workforce that quits those meager MW jobs all the time because those aren't "career jobs"
What do you think was happening before? It ain't got nothing to do with they don't stay long. Employers who run those kinds of business know that from the gate.

It's just greed. Those fagot execs see bigger revenue and bonus if they hire an illegal for pennies.

Bottom line they need to be popped. These greedy companies are abusing the system.

If they are going to keep illegals than don't arrest me for shyt. It's only fair. The law is the law. So if it can be broken, I can break it to without consequences

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
What do you think was happening before? It ain't got nothing to do with they don't stay long. Employers who run those kinds of business know that from the gate.

It's just greed. Those fagot execs see bigger revenue and bonus if they hire an illegal for pennies.

Bottom line they need to be popped. These greedy companies are abusing the system.

If they are going to keep illegals than don't arrest me for shyt. It's only fair. The law is the law. So if it can be broken, I can break it to without consequences

I don't disagree with u that those corps that hire illegals and pay them shyt should be shut down. That's true. I'm talking about the legitimate minimum wage jobs illegal immigrants take tho.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I don't disagree with u that those corps that hire illegals and pay them shyt should be shut down. That's true. I'm talking about the legitimate minimum wage jobs illegal immigrants take tho.
It's the same deal tho. I guess it depends on where you live, but when I was on the East Coast. I didn't see that many illegals at Fast foods and jobs like that. If you talking construction and janitoral than yes.