IGN posts a scathing review of NBA 2K24, says microtransactions make the game nearly unplayable

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Massive overexaggeration

I remember getting the ending and being like "what the fukk are these nikkas mad about?"

I guess you can't make anyone happy ending a series everyone loves
Nah the ending was really bad, the over exaggeration was people acting like the game had no redeeming qualities and ruined the whole franchise.

Gamers are just crybabies.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The on court action is fine imo. Just all the microtransactions/season passes overshadow that since it’s baked into everything now.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I am from the old school. The era that'll never return; taking your favorite team and going into quickplay and playing against other people's favorite team.

I NEVER bought into the myplayer shyt.

They have moved so far away from that classic team v. team element that I LOVED since being a kid playing the first NBA 2k on dreamcast.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I am from the old school. The era that'll never return; taking your favorite team and going into quickplay and playing against other people's favorite team.

I NEVER bought into the myplayer shyt.

They have moved so far away from that classic team v. team element that I LOVED since being a kid playing the first NBA 2k on dreamcast.
It’s still there. Yea controls might be a little more complicated, but straight head to head is one of the few modes that doesn’t get dragged down by microtransactions.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
It’s still there. Yea controls might be a little more complicated, but straight head to head is one of the few modes that doesn’t get dragged down by microtransactions.
I feel you.

To be clearer; I miss when it was a thing for me and my brehs to look forward to team v. team.
I still loved it but none of the people that I used to make a tradition of having rivalries and back and forths play team v. team anymore.
EVERYONE plays myplayer. So, I'd be relegated to playing against randoms.

That sucks for me.