IGN posts a scathing review of NBA 2K24, says microtransactions make the game nearly unplayable

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
People really capping about how bad it was. The shyt storm it caused when it was released was something else. If you have no issues with the ending you are either a troll or retarded.
I don’t give a fukk about a story, im the nikka who skips cut scenes in ff7, I couldn’t tell u shyt about a story to a lot of games I played, you know what I did after I saw that ending

Went straight to multiplayer, one of the best multiplayers to come out that generation

I can see how people would call me a nerd but bytching about an ending to a game to the extent y’all forced them to change it is some next level shyt, I could really care less and I was shocked people really cared that much, y’all want story go read a fukking book

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's annoying af because the same folks who buy it every year will continue to do so, and some new players will be enticed by the Kobe theme

The microtransactions will have them printing money despite the negative response and reviews just being general "noise" that they try to avoid... but it doesn't really matter cause these games print money lol

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I feel you.

To be clearer; I miss when it was a thing for me and my brehs to look forward to team v. team.
I still loved it but none of the people that I used to make a tradition of having rivalries and back and forths play team v. team anymore.
EVERYONE plays myplayer. So, I'd be relegated to playing against randoms.

That sucks for me.
Exactly.

I still game with my high school crew. They all play NBA 2K and MyPlayer exclusively. Nobody wants to run team v team. Haven't bought a 2K since 2K17 cause of this shyt.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
It's annoying af because the same folks who buy it every year will continue to do so, and some new players will be enticed by the Kobe theme

The microtransactions will have them printing money despite the negative response and reviews just being general "noise" that they try to avoid... but it doesn't really matter cause these games print money lol
I love capitalism, but sports games and their insane low effort and high sales might be the best argument to switch to communism.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
It’s funny how people were waiting for a review, already knowing they had no intention of purchasing the game anyway. There are posters who have the game (including myself), and I’ve even asked people if they had any questions about the game if they were on the fence about buying it.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
IGN NEVER goes hard on Madden like this.

Anyway, yeah, McCareer ain't worth it.

But I like playing other game modes though

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Why the fukk are nikkas even playing that dumb ass my player shyt anyway ? I figured nikkas just hop online and just play against each other using NBA teams ? Nikkas wouldn't get a dime from me cuz I wouldn't even touch that my player shyt :laff:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Why the fukk are nikkas even playing that dumb ass my player shyt anyway ? I figured nikkas just hop online and just play against each other using NBA teams ? Nikkas wouldn't get a dime from me cuz I wouldn't even touch that my player shyt :laff:
For real, I just play damn near every other mode :laff:

Co op
Blacktop
All-time teams/classic teams
Playoffs
MyTeam or franchise whatever