IGN posts a scathing review of NBA 2K24, says microtransactions make the game nearly unplayable

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I played the game because it was a good game, mass effect three is a 10/10 game, if u really felt some type of way about the end then it’s a 9/10 game

It’s crazy how y’all act like it’s a subpar game

Nobody said it was a subpar game that was the problem it was an amazing game.... Right up until the last 10 minutes.:beli::dead:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Mass effect 3?

That was one of the best games of its generation, the whole mass effect trilogy was one of the best trilogies in gaming history

It’s weird how people really act like it was a bad game cause they didn’t like the ending

Ending was game of thrones level bad. But before the last five minutes it was absolutely the greatest game I had ever played.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Idk. The shyt was outrageously priced on GTA, but you didn't necessarily need that to be competitive at the game, it was mostly cosmetic. And it was actually more feasible to have wild prices because it was planned to be played over a long period of time.

What 2K is doing is rape. You gotta buy a whole new nïgga every year. It's cool to play like Play Now and MyGM or somethin, where you can just play w/o all the extras. But besides that, sports games been cooked since the end of the PS3/X360 era.

GTA V is soooooo easy to make money. I currently have $315M with every business and every good vehicle and weapon with nothing to buy at this point.

2k is a total grind. I would NEVER play those modes due to that. I quit my player after PS3 cuz they brought in the microtransactions on PS4.

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps
Those mycareer microtransactions are a shame because offline gameplay is the best it's ever been.

I was thinking about fukking with the mycareer this year but Idk now it's just too much going on. They really turned it into a basketball rpg. Got side quests and shyt. Take two don't give a fukk tho they're too busy counting money. They probably still spending money from 2k21.

Us offline players are winning. If you have the time or money and friends to play with then mycareer can be fun too

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
always hated this game's mechanics

not surprised it got even worse with all the DLCs being common place in games nowadays

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBA 2K Scam.

Sadly, what NBA 2K has become. Once VC came in it was a wrap, they saw a dollar sign on their head, where idiots spent crazy VC then my career mode got worse and worse, they all focused on My Career microtransactions mode cause they getting easy money from damn fool idiots who kept buying/spending VC, microtransactions etc.

They won! Idiots lost. I can't blame 2K but I blame the idiot fans

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The GTAVification of the series.

Take 2 gonna Take 2.

:francis:

Suits don't give a fukk as long as they making money and people support it. So many of the suits at these companies don't even play games. And that's the problem.

Sharholders >>> Customers and your product.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I generally wait until it’s free on PSN or heavily discounted. Depending on how much I’m playing I’ll drop 20 on VC.

All I play is mycareer(solo) Might run through the Kobe moments this year as well