IGN posts a scathing review of NBA 2K24, says microtransactions make the game nearly unplayable

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm on pc so 2k is a sub $20 cop for mods and myleague during the winter sale. Since 24'is still last gen I'm not even coppin and it looks like you can export any new assets into 23'. Once that gets cracked I'll continue playing 2K23.5' until 25'. I'm glad people aren't putting up with this season pass and depreciating badges trash they are trying to pull. NBA Live needs to come back with its Live Tour from 19' as a F2P and sell the league/franchise stuff as a $30 game. This is getting dumb.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I don’t play MyPlayer or MyTeam, so this stuff doesn’t affect me. Gameplay is the best it’s ever been, which is what I care about most. Just wish they upgraded some of the presentation elements, but the presentation is still better than every other sports game.

Also, I wish they improved some of the logic in franchise mode. For example, instead of the teams simply drafting players who have the best rating, have some teams who try to reach for potential. Some who draft strictly based on need, and some who will take the best player available. In free agency, they should have player motivations as well. Players who want to get a ring, players who want that money, players who want more minutes, etc…

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I generally wait until it’s free on PSN or heavily discounted. Depending on how much I’m playing I’ll drop 20 on VC.

All I play is mycareer(solo) Might run through the Kobe moments this year as well

if I get thirsty to play 2k, I'll just load up 2k23 and download some rosters since I already got that for free this summer.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I don’t play MyPlayer or MyTeam, so this stuff doesn’t affect me. Gameplay is the best it’s ever been, which is what I care about most. Just wish they upgraded some of the presentation elements, but the presentation is still better than every other sports game.

Also, I wish they improved some of the logic in franchise mode. For example, instead of the teams simply drafting players who have the best rating, have some teams who try to reach for potential. Some who draft strictly based on need, and some who will take the best player available. In free agency, they should have player motivations as well. Players who want to get a ring, players who want that money, players who want more minutes, etc…
I understand that, but let’s be real; the actual NBA part of 2K is like a side show now. Everyone just plays MyPlayer.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Ending was game of thrones level bad. But before the last five minutes it was absolutely the greatest game I had ever played.
People really capping about how bad it was. The shyt storm it caused when it was released was something else. If you have no issues with the ending you are either a troll or retarded.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
The game is good if you play myNBA, exhibition, and 2kU, but everything else is ass
This is what I do, play with nba teams and with my own realistic slider set and try to create a simulation experience . But the AI being so stupid ruins that even.

I don’t touch the online stuff at all anymore

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Mass effect 3?

That was one of the best games of its generation, the whole mass effect trilogy was one of the best trilogies in gaming history

It’s weird how people really act like it was a bad game cause they didn’t like the ending
I agree, ending aside ME3 had the best gameplay in the trilogy and the multiplayer was surprisingly fun.

The trash ending didn't ruin the entire trilogy to me, I still enjoyed my experience with it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

"MyCareer is a nearly unplayable unless you decide to open your wallet or endure an absurd grind while mechanics like badge regression reinforce the worst parts of the micro transaction scheme".

Badges regress now? You have to play 3-4 seasons or shell out $30 to create a decent shooting guard? Why do you guys keep supporting Take Two when they disrespect the hell out of you, treating your $70 purchase like a free-to-play cell phone game?

I used to LOVE 2K. I can't support this anymore. We gotta vote with our wallets, guys.

Well it is an NBA simulation game and that’s about how long it takes in real life for a decent shooting guard to develop.:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll: