IGN posts a scathing review of NBA 2K24, says microtransactions make the game nearly unplayable

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
When I found it in 19 it saved the game for me. I think since 16 or 17 we could do that. But whenever i get 24 im running the 2010s
I do the same thing. The only trouble with the player lock is giving your player realistic progression without going too fast so you can't enjoy it or it feeling too slow so you can't feel the improvement. I'd argue mycareer itself is too fast when you can be a 99 overall in 2-3 seasons. But getting drafted at 19 and playing 7 seasons until you're 26 or 27 when most players hit their prime to be a 99 and playing all 82 games will be a slog. How do you setup your progression? Plus setting the difficulty and the sliders up right so the cpu can give you the as close to the challenge you'd find online without cheesing is tough

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I do the same thing. The only trouble with the player lock is giving your player realistic progression without going too fast so you can't enjoy it or it feeling too slow so you can't feel the improvement. I'd argue mycareer itself is too fast when you can be a 99 overall in 2-3 seasons. But getting drafted at 19 and playing 7 seasons until you're 26 or 27 when most players hit their prime to be a 99 and playing all 82 games will be a slog. How do you setup your progression? Plus setting the difficulty and the sliders up right so the cpu can give you the as close to the challenge you'd find online without cheesing is tough
I just make my character around at 81-84 and im good with that.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Yea I said it, y’all trashing one of the best games of all time cause y’all didn’t like the ending
The story is the biggest part of the game, it's why you go from point A to point B.

So trash it is. Gameplay don't make up for that.

And it's multiple trash endings, not one.

Did you even play the game :patrice:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
it's sad for those of us that are old enough to remember when 2k was a godsend to gaming...and to see it like this. pitiful. sports games in general just seem worthless these days.

As soon as Live fell off, it was over

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Ok quick question for those who can answer. I have ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS grinded for my VC. Only time I would get an extra boost would be with the preorder or when they’d do the 50% off (and I only did that once) and I have played just about every single 2k game since its inception on Dreamcast.

My question is, have they made it super difficult to grind or is it that people are in need of instant gratification so they’re complaining. I haven’t done MyPlayer in about two years and was actually thinking of seeing what I could do this year. Should I just say fukk it and forget about it or is it being overblown by impatient players?
It is totally confirmed 2K made the virtual currency grind slower and more difficult than in past entries to incentivize players to just cough up more money. Someone on the 2K reddit calculated it; it would takes 112 hours of gameplay with peak performance (HOF difficulty, 5 min quarters, you kill it every match) to get a 2K MyPlayer from 60 to 90 overall.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
It is totally confirmed 2K made the virtual currency grind slower and more difficult than in past entries to incentivize players to just cough up more money. Someone on the 2K reddit calculated it; it would takes 112 hours of gameplay with peak performance (HOF difficulty, 5 min quarters, you kill it every match) to get a 2K MyPlayer from 60 to 90 overall.
After 18 they lost me that was some low down shyt

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Ok quick question for those who can answer. I have ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS grinded for my VC. Only time I would get an extra boost would be with the preorder or when they’d do the 50% off (and I only did that once) and I have played just about every single 2k game since its inception on Dreamcast.

My question is, have they made it super difficult to grind or is it that people are in need of instant gratification so they’re complaining. I haven’t done MyPlayer in about two years and was actually thinking of seeing what I could do this year. Should I just say fukk it and forget about it or is it being overblown by impatient players?
You need roughly 400k+ VC to max out your player and earn roughly 1k VC for a game on 6 min quarters, more on higher difficulties if u play great. You earn some as you do the quests but it’s not much and you have a do a lot just to get it.

My Player is 90 OVR and I still need about 270k VC to get him to 99 OVR. If u do the story quests and get the VC that come with that, it should take about 3-4 seasons to have enough to max out. I’m halfway thru my 2nd season at 90 overall and I have enough VC to get up to 93 actually, just haven’t used it yet. Shooting attributes boost your OVR the most. Playmaking and Finishing don’t move the needle much.

I’m still on 2K23 tho :hubie:
After 18 they lost me that was some low down shyt
What happened with 18?

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
You need roughly 400k+ VC to max out your player and earn roughly 1k VC for a game on 6 min quarters, more on higher difficulties if u play great. You earn some as you do the quests but it’s not much and you have a do a lot just to get it.

My Player is 90 OVR and I still need about 270k VC to get him to 99 OVR. If u do the story quests and get the VC that come with that, it should take about 3-4 seasons to have enough to max out. I’m halfway thru my 2nd season at 90 overall and I have enough VC to get up to 93 actually, just haven’t used it yet. Shooting attributes boost your OVR the most. Playmaking and Finishing don’t move the needle much.

I’m still on 2K23 tho :hubie:

What happened with 18?
They took away the multiplier on career games to force you to buy vc. Then tried to act like they forgot to put it in

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Passing has been broken for almost a decade. They need to make the myCareer bullshyt a seperate game and just focus on making a basketball sim again.

Passing broken? No.

Try layups. I tried to make a Giannis build. 6'11 with 94 driving layup. I went 1/10 because I kept getting blocked even with good timing. A whole waste of time.

It's a shame because being a threat to the paint makes the whole team collapse. Opening the 3 ball.