If Jennifer Lawrence Can't Open a Movie, Who Can?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Like we pointed out earlier tho he’s been hit or miss
Not really. He drops more #1s than anybody today. Or 3 years ago. Will Smith bombs these days..Brad Pitt can't buy a hit. Kristin Stewart fell off. Megan Fox is MIA. Reese Witherspoon is talking about rape situations and shyt and hasn't mattered in years.

Crowd wants Rock and Statham again. Lol. Turned Jumanji into a monster..left Robin Williams numbers in the fukking DUST.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I still think Tom Hanks is damn near automatic. fukking Sully grossed $125M domestic. SULLY. The plot wasn't that interesting let's be honest. It was all Hanks. The Post is at $81M right now. Not as big but still no other actor is gonna get close to $100M with that movie.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Touche. Leo is probably the one person right now. Revenant made 100 mill on the strength of his name and buzz.

I remember hearing about all of the insane things that he did during filming (eating raw bison liver, sleeping in dead animal carcasses, getting hypothermia twice) and that was my main motivation for seeing it. :russ: He really wanted that Oscar. I'm surprised that he didn't fight a real bear. :wow:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jennifer Lawrence succeeding was an anomaly in the first place! A one dimensional actress whose success of teen movies catapulted her stock too fast. Hollywood bombarded the public with her and wanted so badly to paint her as the spearhead of the new generation actresses. She should have gone into more indie/coming of age films where her personality could flourish away from masses. Right now when I hear Jennifer Lawrence I imagine a slow, boring performance in a script that is too demanding of her AND overzealous promotions. There are enough female actress who can become leading ladies. For instance The Hollywood Redhead: Christina Hendricks, Amy Adams, Jessica Chastain. I'd add Emily Blunt in the mix. These are polished actress who could have played any post Hunger Games. Of upcoming young actress Sasoirse Ronan is slowly honing her craft where she can become a household name. Jeniffer Lawrence is just one step above Cara Delevigne which is hardly saying much in terms of skill.

Christina Hendricks and Amy Adams are old...

JLaw should have taken Mad Max and Atomic Blonde instead...

It's okay, she's got time to develop further

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cruise is only a shoe in for mission impossible movies. He ain't what he used to be as far as a draw

Nobody really is in this era of franchises and super heros but Tom Cruise has been a draw since the 80s breh

:wow:

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Christina Hendricks and Amy Adams are old...

JLaw should have taken Mad Max and Atomic Blonde instead...

It's okay, she's got time to develop further

Yes old enough to play the roles J-Law has had last few months/year or so and kill the role. Adams at least. Hendricks would have worked well in Sparrow. She has that regular but still sexy siren look which they were going for.

@Bold: Eh. I like Charlize and those roles 'suited' her. Granted Atomic Blonde was meh to me. I don't know if its because of the character she played, poor script but the movie wasn't great. Once again James McCavoy saved another movie (word to Split).

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yes old enough to play the roles J-Law has had last few months/year or so and kill the role. Adams at least. Hendricks would have worked well in Sparrow. She has that regular but still sexy siren look which they were going for.

@Bold: Eh. I like Charlize and those roles 'suited' her. Granted Atomic Blonde was meh to me. I don't know if its because of the character she played, poor script but the movie wasn't great. Once again James McCavoy saved another movie (word to Split).

Nah just old ...Perhaps J Law needs to step into some rom-coms but I have a feeling she wants to be taken seriously

I didn't watch Atomic Blonde but Mad Max alongside Tom Hardy would have been great for J-Law.

Where she goes from here who knows ?

I'd like to see Hancock 2 with her as the female lead

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If it wasn't MI6 wouldn't get made....

Not entirely true. They’re able to say “okay you in the mummy isn’t going to work but you in mission impossible will work” and they build those mission impossible flicks as ensembles now rather than relying solely on cruise to carry the marketing unlike the mummy movie. Mission impossible makes money so they keep them going. And also he produces them so he’s going to make sure it happens. He’s consistency has taken a hit since his heyday, but that’s to be expected. He’s not a young cat anymore and there’s still a generation that didn’t grow up on him so they don’t have the affinity.

Mission impossible has been his one saving grace as of late. The first jack reacher seemed to be the anomaly

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Franchises and brands like Pixar run the business now. Hunger Games and the last three X-Men didn't open well because of Jennifer Lawrence, you could've put any decent actress in those roles and they would've been big.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Not entirely true. They’re able to say “okay you in the mummy isn’t going to work but you in mission impossible will work” and they build those mission impossible flicks as ensembles now rather than relying solely on cruise to carry the marketing unlike the mummy movie. Mission impossible makes money so they keep them going. And also he produces them so he’s going to make sure it happens. He’s consistency has taken a hit since his heyday, but that’s to be expected. He’s not a young cat anymore and there’s still a generation that didn’t grow up on him so they don’t have the affinity.

Mission impossible has been his one saving grace as of late. The first jack reacher seemed to be the anomaly

Top Gun sequel will probably do crazy numbers
if he drops Edge of Tomorrow 2 :ohlawd:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Like I said before Tom Cruise is pretty much a shoe in. Considering his age, longevity and the fact that this is the age of comic book superheroes

Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow, Jack Reacher all did relatively well.

This Marvel sh!t has ruined big paydays for the stars of yesteryear