If James Holmes was Arab it'd be "terrorism". If he was black, he'd be a "thug"...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Cool.

Well honestly, I agree with most of what is being said the media definitely treats different races differently.

But I will say this, if James Holmes was black and a Ph D. student in Nueroscience I really don't think it would be "He's a thug, a hoodlum!" like some of you think. Your average hillbilly might say that, but I doubt the majority of the media would take that slant

Like the faceeating black guy, no one called him a thug or hoodlum or anything. I think the most reaction in the media (don't go to st0rmfr0nt and act like that is a good source) was that he was crazy and people tried to find an excuse (bath salts)

perhaps not but they would be like "did he have a criminal record?" :comeon: or a history of violence :stopitslime:

you know what they searched for with this cat...."oh did he rant on any youtube videos or have girlfriend problems?" :aicmon:

Word?! so the only reason a white man would shoot up a theater of innocent people is if he's a scorned lover, a st0rmfr0nt troll or mentally ill"

on a slightly separate note on the whole "thug/gang member" label
you know whats something you never hear...the KKK being referred to as a GANG, the White Brotherhood being referred to as a GANG....

they are called "organizations" :what: disgusting..

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Cool.

Well honestly, I agree with most of what is being said the media definitely treats different races differently.

But I will say this, if James Holmes was black and a Ph D. student in Nueroscience I really don't think it would be "He's a thug, a hoodlum!" like some of you think. Your average hillbilly might say that, but I doubt the majority of the media would take that slant

Like the faceeating black guy, no one called him a thug or hoodlum or anything. I think the most reaction in the media (don't go to st0rmfr0nt and act like that is a good source) was that he was crazy and people tried to find an excuse (bath salts)

Probably used the term savage though. :smugfavre:

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cool.

Nonsense. They would have went digging through his personal life and criminal record trying to find anything to demonize him. If he had ever bought a bag of weed or had unpaid tickets it would have been highlighted to show he was truly a thug underneath it all. I'm sure they would have drawn out every bad grade he'd ever gotten to show he wasn't that intelligent either.

Another thing, they'd find any person in his past that could speak to any possible "thuggish" behaviors and ignore or gloss over any references that painted him in any positive or normal light. And Lord help him if he had any family members that were cons/ex-cons or lived in the hood, he'd be a thug by association and upbringing (like the rest of us ******s)

locoloco87

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
terroist,thug,mental illness who cares he still gonna get the death penalty:heh: ole cry baby ass nikkas:lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
For the last time, no its not. :mindblown:

these muthafukkas is RETARDED. you posted the bone thugs song to point out the quote in the beginning of the song "we're not against rappers, but we ARE against those THUGS"

but these people think it's a new phenomenon? :dwillhuh:

are people retarded?

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
this batman shyt is the fourth firearm assisted mass murder perpetrated by an american citizen of 2012...
Oakland Shooting Suspect Is Not Remorseful, Police Chief Says - ABC News
Ian Stawicki: Seattle Cafe Racer Shooter Kills 5, Shoots HImself After Citywide Manhunt - ABC News

we forget these incidents occurred and create sophisticated excuses as to why it cant be corrected...the most repugnant of these excuses is the fiction that most non-black persons are decent,,.i believe this creates an environment where these events become cyclical...:yeshrug:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Cool.

It doesnt matter the media perception....if you were to take a mean of the perception of white america it's....

24 year old, white person = mentally ill....an anomaly, a bad apple who went awry
24 year old, brown person = terrorists, fundamentalists, illegal immigrant
24 year old, black person = thug, even if he's in college....he still has thug potential b/c he's black