If James Holmes was Arab it'd be "terrorism". If he was black, he'd be a "thug"...

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
anyone else noticed how everytime a white boy decides to go on a killing spree he's described as someone who is extremely "intelligent", like boy too smart for the world or some shyt. But if an Arab does the same shyt he's a terrorist and if a black man would do it he's just another thug in a gang or some shyt.

I saw the same thing with the dude who killed them folks in Norway. he was described as over intelligent and stuff like that.

profound

technique
Daps
it doesnt take much to be a thug in a typical cac view though, so if the shooter were black, who knows where they'd reach to...

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
the white media will always try to "humanize" the white criminal :aicmon:

meanwhile the black criminal is the symbol for his entire race.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu_LK_iEFE8"]WBBM Criminalizes 4-Year Old- YouTube[/ame]

:smh:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Hahaha the media is slick. I hear the phrase " the N-Word" more than i actually head the word "******". They found a way to say the "******" without actually saying it :laugh:

KAWS

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Land of Pleasant Living
He wouldn't be classified as a thug. DC snipers weren't called thugs or terrorists, lets keep it 100.

But for real though if he were a foreigner he would DEFINITELY be called a terrorist. No question. Totally agree on that

Bullshyt. As someone from the area, I can testify that news orgs referred to him as a terrorist and brought up the fact he was a member of the NOI.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Seriously though there wasn't a mass media effort to get to know the DC Snipers...man Lee Malvo was a really troubled kid that really coulda used some help but naw he was just thrown by the wayside as well.

The media will ALWAYS humanize the white shooter, its as if white folks have a monopoly on mental illness. Every black shooting isnt gang related or lifestyle related...nikkas are just crazy too.

CNN was making me mad at first cuz the Don the Lemon was like "we need to know the mind of the shooter" followed by an ad for Piers Morgan where the whole SHOW is dedicated to analysis of dude's life...

only Andersen Cooper kept it trill and devoted most of his show to the victims and timelines of what actually happened. the young AC was like "i dont even want to say his name...in fact lets focus on the victims"

i think the only piece related to the shooter was the fact dude bought 3 guns and tactical gear in less than 60 days...which SHOULD be a red flag on so many levels.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Terrorist if the person was a foreigner, yes

Thug if he were black....who knows. It seems like only white folk and terrorist plot and come with automatic weapons and shoot random people. It wouldn't surprise me if they word it differently if the person was black

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Hasn't this been discussed ad nauseum in the other threads?

Did it really need it's own thread?

:obama: My name is Brack Obama and uh, I approve of making a new thread dedicated to outing the uh, obvious bias of the mainstream media.

Daps

Cool.

Well honestly, I agree with most of what is being said the media definitely treats different races differently.

But I will say this, if James Holmes was black and a Ph D. student in Nueroscience I really don't think it would be "He's a thug, a hoodlum!" like some of you think. Your average hillbilly might say that, but I doubt the majority of the media would take that slant

Like the faceeating black guy, no one called him a thug or hoodlum or anything. I think the most reaction in the media (don't go to st0rmfr0nt and act like that is a good source) was that he was crazy and people tried to find an excuse (bath salts)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
He wouldn't be classified as a thug. DC snipers weren't called thugs or terrorists, lets keep it 100.

But for real though if he were a foreigner he would DEFINITELY be called a terrorist. No question. Totally agree on that

That's because the sniper's name was John Allen MUHAMMAD so they could still play the terrorist card. They make more money with that term anyway so they were happy.

Hard to know what they'd call him if he was black because black people don't do shyt like this.