If It Was Up To You And You Had The Power Would You Give ADOS Reparations Today?

If It Was Up To You And You Had The Power Would You Give ADOS Reparations Today?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It needs to be a debt jubilee on all mortgages, outstanding debt and child support and medical bills.

Then investment in STEM inititiaves and the trades.

Reparations to ADOS first then on top of reparations
debt jubilee on all mortgages, outstanding debt and child support and medical bills.

I'm cool with that

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reparations to ADOS first then on top of reparations
debt jubilee on all mortgages, outstanding debt and child support and medical bills.

I'm cool with that

Those are reparations.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Yea but see the catch is if you wouldn't give ADOS reparations in cash payments today then you would also take away any and all benefits from anybody who benefitted from slavery in the US in any type of way, shape, or form. Period

I see.

So if a black person happens to get a rich-paying job because the even richer white hiring manager -- someone who benefited from slavery by merely existing or being a descendant from someone who owned slaves, per your logic -- thought this person was the best for the job ... wouldn't that mean they don't deserve their fortune either? After all, they benefit from a decision made by a person who benefit from slavery, so they indirectly benefit from slavery, right?

It sounds like either everybody's rich, or everybody's poor. Some kind of Thanos balance you're looking for.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I would start a bank.

Then I would grant reparations to ADOS under the condition that they bank with me.

No bank, no reps. :unimpressed:

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see.

So if a black person happens to get a rich-paying job because the even richer white hiring manager -- someone who benefited from slavery by merely existing or being a descendant from someone who owned slaves, per your logic -- thought this person was the best for the job ... wouldn't that mean they don't deserve their fortune either? After all, they benefit from a decision made by a person who benefit from slavery, so they indirectly benefit from slavery, right?

It sounds like either everybody's rich, or everybody's poor. Some kind of Thanos balance you're looking for.

No basically if you had the power to give ADOS reparations but for any reason chose not to then you would choose for this entire country to be poor and everybody living the same. No race above no other race. So it's either even the wealth gap by paying ADOS the reparations they're owed or take away any and every benefit that was gained by slavery. Simple

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw they would be complaining about something else by tommorow

You wouldn't have to gaf about what they complained about after you give them what they are owed. Think about how many black billionaires and multi billionaires it would be. Wouldn't be nothing to complain about. The only complaints ADOS have is economic related so once that's fixed they can stand on their own

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Yes but with stipulations. Roast me all you want. But I say this because I love my people, and I don’t want us taking an L in the long run. Whatever is given has to be used for the betterment of “OUR LIVES” and “OUR COMMUNITIES.” Some of us are going to blow it all away. But if that’s what you’re going to do, let it be towards an ADOS owned business or something. The owner of Dr. Jays, my NJ and NYC people know what this store is, is some Middle Eastern look maybe Jewish guy. He recently purchased an old apartment building in Chinatown and was trying to evict all of the residents. We can’t make people like that richer. We can’t transfer the wealth of reparations like that. I don’t want to hear those stories on NPR or WBAI in 20 years.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Man some of yall wanna save everybody. You can teach a 40 year old cat all the financial game you know, he still might take his money and blow it on strippers and cars. Some folks are gonna end up where they started whether you give them reparations or not. Don't hold up the rest of us cuz of the folks who aren't gonna make the right choices :unimpressed: yes a few folks gonna be complaining and acting like they never got a check and how racism still holding them back, blah blah blah...I do not care...cut the check today
That shyt kills me. They want to punish us all like any group won't have people who would fukk it off!

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
....aaaaannnd I'm out.
giphy.gif

:whoa: Hear me out, breh.

We are not owed reparations. What we are owed is equality, as guaranteed by the constitution.

It just so happens that in a capitalist nation like America, equality is basically defined as how much money do you have. The poor get very little in the way of equality. The rich get an overabundance.

So naturally as a socioeconomic group, ADOS doesn't have a lot of leverage. We don't get equality in anything.

I recognize that reparations is a tool to achieving equality, but reparations itself is not explicitly owed. Equality is.

So I don't think that "cut the check" is the right solution here.

Because remember that this is just a tool. A defibrillator is a great tool for the right situation, but what happens if you hand a defibrillator to someone who doesn't know how to use it? It's worse than useless in the wrong hands.

In the same way, money is a tool. And if you hand money to a community that is not educated in how to use it, it could be disastrous.

So those funds have to go towards incentivizing behaviors that will yield community-wide positive results, after the money stops coming. Because the money is going to stop coming.

Give me:

• Free college for any ADOS high-school grad. Student loan forgiveness for those who have already graduated.
  • Matching contributions to any retirement account for any ADOS.
  • 0.5% tax credit on gross income per year for married ADOS couples. (Example: Couple filing jointly married for 5 years would receive a 2.5% tax credit on their gross income. 5% at year 10 and so on.)
  • Discounted rates for mortgages and business loans.
  • Amnesty for EVERY ADOS incarcerated on non-violent marijuana charge.

I'd much prefer that to a cash payment. Do the above for a two or three generations (because let's be real, nobody is cutting a 16 trillion dollar check, the payments would have to be over significant time). Our community would look drastically different after 40 years of that.