If It Was Up To You And You Had The Power Would You Give ADOS Reparations Today?

If It Was Up To You And You Had The Power Would You Give ADOS Reparations Today?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Yes but with stipulations. Roast me all you want. But I say this because I love my people, and I don’t want us taking an L in the long run. Whatever is given has to be used for the betterment of “OUR LIVES” and “OUR COMMUNITIES.” Some of us are going to blow it all away. But if that’s what you’re going to do, let it be towards an ADOS owned business or something. The owner of Dr. Jays, my NJ and NYC people know what this store is, is some Middle Eastern look maybe Jewish guy. He recently purchased an old apartment building in Chinatown and was trying to evict all of the residents. We can’t make people like that richer. We can’t transfer the wealth of reparations like that. I don’t want to hear those stories on NPR or WBAI in 20 years.
So basically you want to do what the white people did. Oppression. They can't have it unless the use it the way you want them too. You really no different.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
We are not owed reparations. What we are owed is equality, as guaranteed by the constitution.

We are owed reparations and it's partially due to the constant disregard to the constitution that we all know will never favor us.

All this go to school free and all and wiping debt sound nice, but that can happen without reparations. There is already legal ways to do these things.

The only way to match equality is to match the wallet. The govt is paying for some of things and incurring debts for no logical reason at all, and nobody is that concerned. but as soon as reparation are talked about.....but it's gonna cost trillions of dollars.

Pay up.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But what's wrong with giving reparations cash payments and the things you named on top of that? I'm sure you would do both. Right?

I didn't say it's wrong. Id rather the money go into institutions such as black banks, real estate development firms, venture capital, colleges, medical research facilities.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
We are owed reparations and it's partially due to the constant disregard to the constitution that we all know will never favor us.

All this go to school free and all and wiping debt sound nice, but that can happen without reparations. There is already legal ways to do these things.

The only way to match equality is to match the wallet. The govt is paying for some of things and incurring debts for no logical reason at all, and nobody is that concerned. but as soon as reparation are talked about.....but it's gonna cost trillions of dollars.

Pay up.

I agree that America can afford whatever America wants to afford. The conversation about affordability is purely racist in origin.

You and I are talking about methodology though.

• You want cash today for ADOS.
  • I want highly favorable educational, financial, legal, and relationship benefits for ADOS over a 40 year period of time.

The fact that we're even having this conversation is comical, and is exactly the reason why financial education is needed as a stipulation with whatever form of reparations comes, if any.

Last edited:

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
I agree that American can afford whatever America wants to afford. The conversation about affordability is purely racist in origin.

You and I are talking about methodology though.

• You want cash today for ADOS.
  • I want highly favorable conditions for ADOS over a 40 year period of time.

The fact that we're having this conversation is almost comical, and is exactly the reason why financial education is needed as a stipulation with whatever form of reparations comes, if any.
No, I want reparations that cover my generation of me and everyone behind me. Yes that does come in the form of a check. Let ME decide how I invest that money, and that money has to be substantial enough to fulfill that goal. My goal is the govt should be sued for the infractions of injustice throughout generations.

You want a handout that's already available. Every "favorable" condition you speak is already out there, and only needs to be seeked out.

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
Yes but with stipulations. Roast me all you want. But I say this because I love my people, and I don’t want us taking an L in the long run. Whatever is given has to be used for the betterment of “OUR LIVES” and “OUR COMMUNITIES.” Some of us are going to blow it all away. But if that’s what you’re going to do, let it be towards an ADOS owned business or something. The owner of Dr. Jays, my NJ and NYC people know what this store is, is some Middle Eastern look maybe Jewish guy. He recently purchased an old apartment building in Chinatown and was trying to evict all of the residents. We can’t make people like that richer. We can’t transfer the wealth of reparations like that. I don’t want to hear those stories on NPR or WBAI in 20 years.
White people own the land, water, airspace, automobiles, ships, plantations banks etc.. there no way not to spend the bulk of our money with them. Look at your paycheck and I guarantee half or more goes to white people

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
No, I want reparations that cover my generation of me and everyone behind me. Yes that does come in the form of a check. Let ME decide how I invest that money, and that money has to be substantial enough to fulfill that goal. My goal is the govt should be sued for the infractions of injustice throughout generations.

You want a handout that's already available. Every "favorable" condition you speak is already out there, and only needs to be seeked out.

:smh: at the bolded.

Can I ask your age?

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps

How many black people died fighting for slavery to end?

How many black people died or went to prison fighting for voting rights, equality, justice and desegregation from 1865-1975?

Nothing changes for black people in this country without bloodshed. Hate to be a skeptic but Congress isn't releasing trillions to the black community. At best they'll give it to some Boule institutions that don't cater or support the majority of black people.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
How many black people died fighting for slavery to end?

How many black people died or went to prison fighting for voting rights, equality, justice and desegregation from 1865-1975?

Nothing changes for black people in this country without bloodshed. Hate to be a skeptic but Congress isn't releasing trillions to the black community. At best they'll give it to some Boule institutions that don't cater or support the majority of black people.
There is absolutely no way we'd get equal rights, let alone "highly favorable" conditions. This country could give a flying fukk about us. To get equal rights they would have to change everything they do.

The check would be easier to cut, but would sting the hardest to them because it would indicate real admission of guilt.

Imagine being violated at your job, you sue all you get is an apology, and a promise to treat you fair. What did you really get? Nothing but a target on your back, and you better not slip.

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
The check would be easier to cut, but would sting the hardest to them because it would indicate real admission of guilt.

Imagine being violated at your job, you sue all you get is an apology, and a promise to treat you fair. What did you really get? Nothing but a target on your back, and you better not slip.

Im with you. I just don't have that optimism anymore. These people not even kicking up minimum wage to where people can earn a living.

And then with cacs it always comes down to this. What happens if they don't give us reparations? Nothing.

We're not going to walk off our jobs like our people did in the 60-70s. We're not going to boycott white business. We're not going to have Nationwide revolts and burn cities down like they did before. They had to give us something to keep another civil war from happening.

What's the leverage now? They have to believe they'll lose more by withholding the money for them to cut checks.

Theres no